PDA

View Full Version : quick! lil help for a new knitter

Miss_Knit
12-28-2006, 12:20 PM
i have two dropped knit stitches and i dont know how to fix 2 of them, instead of one and the video just showed when there is one stitch. lil help please?

geekgolightly
12-28-2006, 01:18 PM
i have two dropped knit stitches and i dont know how to fix 2 of them, instead of one and the video just showed when there is one stitch. lil help please?

fix one of the stitches first and then work on the second dropped stitch. i dont think there are any fancy tricks for doing two at once, although if anyone would know, that would be ingrid. hope that helps.

Ingrid
12-28-2006, 02:04 PM
I'd go with one at a time, too.

Chel
12-28-2006, 02:17 PM
First, I put a paperclip, stitch marker, or SOMETHING around the 2nd stitch and the "ladder" stitch it has dropped down to. That will keep the stitch you are not fixing from unravelling further. Then repair the first stitch... then repair the 2nd stitch.

Make sure you do not twist the stitches as you fix them. if you look at the bottom of the stitch as legs, the right leg should stand out front and the left leg should be behind if you are doing a regular knit stitch.

Chel
12-28-2006, 02:17 PM
First, I put a paperclip, stitch marker, or SOMETHING around the 2nd stitch and the "ladder" stitch it has dropped down to. That will keep the stitch you are not fixing from unravelling further. Then repair the first stitch... then repair the 2nd stitch.

Make sure you do not twist the stitches as you fix them. if you look at the bottom of the stitch as legs, the right leg should stand out front and the left leg should be behind if you are doing a regular knit stitch.