PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with directions for RT (right twist)

knitone
12-30-2006, 12:54 AM
The directions I have says knit 2 tog and leave on left hand needle, insert right-hand needle (from front to back) between the 2 sts just knitted tog; then knit the first st again. Sl both sts fron the left hand needle to the right hand needle.

I am confused?? Does this mean you then have 4 stitches. Also when saying insert between the 2 sts just knitted together.. are you slipping a stich (sort of).... and then "knit the first st again? which is it??

I knit quite well but these directions are confusing HELP

five_six
12-30-2006, 12:57 AM
No you should only have two stitches once you have followed those directions... K2tog, then before you slide it off the left needle you re-insert the right needle (which has the 1 stitch you just knitted from the K2tog on it) back into the gap between the 2 knitted together stitches on the left hand needle and knit that as well, creating another stitch. Then slide these 2 stitches you just made off the left needle onto the right.

Am I any clearer than mud? :shrug:

knitone
12-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Thank you but I am still a little muddled.

OKay... Now after I have inserted the right needle between the two I just knitted together I then pull through yarn... and knit it to what? After this I am confused... do I slip the two orignal stitches onto the right needle - creating 4 stitches from the original 2?

Ingrid
12-30-2006, 10:50 AM
You're not pulling the yarn between the two stitches. You're knitting the stitch closest to the point again. The 'between the stitches' direction is a bit confusing.