PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have Dreams about Knitting?

auburnchick
12-30-2006, 01:31 PM
I must have stayed up waaayyy too late reading these posts last night (while fixing children's computers) because I dreamed that I was in a restaurant and noticed a lady's beautiful scarf. While I'm watching her, the color changes to a neon green, but I decided that I still loved the pattern even though the color did NOT go with whatever she had on. Sad, ain't it???

Does this mean that I'm officially addicted??? :teehee:

psammeadred
12-30-2006, 01:41 PM
The other night, I dreamed that I'd figured out some revolutionary knitting technique. (Seeing as how it involved picking up stitches smack dab in the middle of a piece of knitted fabric, I can't see why I thought that, but oh well...)

sara_jayne
12-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Knitting does often appear in my dreams - as do yarn stores! :teehee:

letah75
12-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Heck yeah, I had one last night. One of my friends who I recently taught to knit told me the other day she had one, while her significant other dreampt about video games all night. :teehee:

newamy
12-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Yes!
I used tohave more knitting dreams when I was first learning to knit. Probably because I was focussed on learning the process. Once I was working with a slip sstitch pattern, which at the time took a lot of concentration. I dreamed about fish and when they turned I could see that instead of scales they had the slip stitch pattern on their sides.

MiaZilla
12-30-2006, 06:12 PM
Slip stitch patterned fish sounds awsome :D *wants to knit some* Pattern anyone?

carollovesyarn
12-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Always. A lot of times I own a yarn shop or I'm a designer and I always get the guy.

Mulderknitter
12-30-2006, 10:50 PM
I had one the other night. I had been working on my shawl all day, so when I went to bed I had a dream that I finished the whole thing and it was beautiful! :heart: I woke with a smile on my face and a ?huh? :shrug: where's the darn shawl???

knit-errant
12-30-2006, 10:55 PM
I had a knitting dream around the holidays last year. I dreamt I had to get scarved knitted for all of our family members, and ASAP!

My husband woke me up saying, "Stop, ok?!" and pulling a blanket away from me. When I looked down, I had the top edge of the blanket in my hands and had twisted it all the way down to my feet. Apparently I'd make knitting movements with my fingers along the top of the blanket, turn it... rinse and repeat. I'd done it to our top blanket, and was starting on our sheet when he woke me.

DreamWeaver
12-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Apparently I'd make knitting movements with my fingers along the top of the blanket, turn it... rinse and repeat. I'd done it to our top blanket, and was starting on our sheet when he woke me.

Dude, that's hillarious :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

no, I have never had a dream about knitting. I wish I could have one, they sound like so much fun!

Belphoebe
12-31-2006, 12:23 AM
I haven't dreamed of knitting yet....but I have thought to myself while shopping for groceries wouldn't it be nice if they sold yarn here?[i]

Hello, my name is Jen, and I have an addiction.... :happydance:

i'd rather be knitting
12-31-2006, 02:31 AM
My husband woke me up saying, "Stop, ok?!" and pulling a blanket away from me. When I looked down, I had the top edge of the blanket in my hands and had twisted it all the way down to my feet. Apparently I'd make knitting movements with my fingers along the top of the blanket, turn it... rinse and repeat. I'd done it to our top blanket, and was starting on our sheet when he woke me.
That is so funny!!! :roflhard:

madametj
12-31-2006, 02:35 AM
i dream about knitting all the time. yes, it is really pretty pathetic. its usually nothing in particular. i can just remember when i wake up that i was knitting in my dream. usually i'm dropping a bunch of stitchs (i guess that would make it a nightmare, huh?) :teehee:

Skater
12-31-2006, 02:55 AM
I've never dreamed about knitting. I don't know why, because I do it often enough, and I sometimes daydream myself to sleep reading patterns and thinking about future projects.

Jessica
12-31-2006, 11:41 AM
I dream all the time Im buying yarn from Knitpicks. In my dream I always buy unlimited amounts of yarn with unlimited amounts of money. Then I wake up and realize, I was only dreaming :pout:

auburnchick
12-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Jessica,

I wonder if Donald Trump's wife knits...plenty of money to buy what she needs. :teehee:

I buy two lotto tickets per week. I remember the days when I would plan my "future" winnings...new car, pay off the credit card... Now, I'm thinking yarn, knitting classes... :teehee:

nadja la claire
12-31-2006, 02:26 PM
I dream about knitting a lot, especially when I'm learning a new stitch or technique. Before Christmas as soon as I woke up the first thing that would pop into my head was I've wasted 8 hrs. sleeping I've got to get up and get knitting.

Nadja xxx

Krystal
01-01-2007, 02:19 PM
not soo much recently, but when I first started knitting, EVERY night I dreamt I was knitting. I would wake up, doing the motions, still half asleep and would go OH CRAP... I dropped my needles... I would then search teh bed for needles and yarn until I either passed out, or woke up enough to realize it was a dream.

:doh:

mwedzi
01-01-2007, 02:25 PM
I do. Lately I've been dreaming, sometimes it even pops into my head as an involuntary daydream, that I'm trying to untwist a stitch. I've knitted it twisted, it's about to slip off the needle, I end up splitting the yarn. No good knitting dreams. :verysad:

Knitting_Guy
01-01-2007, 02:32 PM
So far I haven't had any dreams about knitting but a little earlier today I was doing something here at the house that required counting some items. About half way through I realized that I was actually counting "knit 1, knit 2, knit 3..." I just had to laugh at myself. LOL

Rorshach
01-01-2007, 04:16 PM
I don't really dream about knitting, but when I'm relaxing I do find myself visualizing how a pattern is going to turn out using the particular yarn that I have for that particular pattern.

Krystal
01-03-2007, 10:39 AM
OK, I just had the MOTHER OF ALL DREAMS.... and it was a crossover...

NEVER knit and then read Jurrasic Park before going to sleep. I spent the day knitting my mothers scarf, and at 11pm went to bed to read for an hour. Now if no one has read the Book Jurrasic Park, you should. It's fantastic. Better than the movie by far.

But anyways, In my dream I was knitting the dino DNA code, and everyone kept telling me it was impossible. But It was working.... Best part... The DNA turned right into a dino as I knit. By the end I had a full size T-rex on the needles, and I was trying to finish his tail. but he kept trying to eat me.

It was so weird, Look at the unfinished sweater or scarf or hat on your needles and try picturing a FULL SIZE T Rex.. with his tail still on the needles... HAHAHA...

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

auburnchick
01-03-2007, 11:01 AM
:chair:

Too funny!

Skater
01-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Krystal, I like your dream - although it could've been very scary having your creation try to turn around and eat you! I think it would make a great animation.

Cristy
01-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Just last night I dreamed about knitting--I was in the hospital about to deliver this bowlingball in my belly and I was getting frustrated w/ the nurse b/c the cords from the fetal monitor were getting tangled in my yarn. LOL! Pregnancy dreams are nutty. I used to have more when I was learning though...

I asked dh if I could bring a project to the hospital and he said yes but he'd guard it until after I had given birth b/c there was no was he was going into the deliver room if I had a pair of addis in my hands!! LOL!

auburnchick
01-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Cristy,

I'd say that your hubby is one smart man! :wink:

madametj
01-04-2007, 12:27 AM
i dreamed about double knitting last night.....

and my sis says i'm obsessed :roll:. i prefer to call it "passionate" :thumbsup:

earthchick
01-04-2007, 11:05 AM
All of your dreams are hilarious!

I dream about knitting pretty regularly. One of my most vivid involved someone chasing me and me trying to figure out how to stab him with my needles. Only they were Addis, so I knew they wouldn't be sharp enough.

If that guy comes after me again, though, he better watch out - I use sharp KP Options now!!