PDA

View Full Version : Selling Knitting

kniftyknitter12
01-01-2007, 04:30 PM
I am wanting to make a little extra cash and I was wondering how much to charge for certain items. I thought I heard something about 10 cents per yard for stockinette 15 for cables and 20 for lace, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me?

nadja la claire
01-01-2007, 05:51 PM
I've never sold anything but I know that there have been several threads about it on this forum. You may have to go back a couple pages. You also have to take into account the cost of the yarn which I'm sure you know and the time that you spend on the piece. I hope this is of some help.

Nadja xxx

KnitClickChick
01-03-2007, 01:46 AM
I have sold quite a few scarves to the girls at work. I figured my prices by how much it cost me to make any particular scarf. I really didn't charge for my time, because I just love knitting so much. Also, I recently did a craft show, for which I made scarves. It was very disappointing, I only sold 3 scarves, out of 50 that I had. There were several other scarf people there, and I was stuck way in the back, so by the time people made it back to my table, they already had a scarf... anyhow.... As I said, I figured my prices by how much it cost me to make the scarf, depending on what type and how much yarn I had used. I think that is a pretty good way to do it, then if you want to add in extra for your time. I would like to try some other craft shows; I hope my first experience will not repeat itself. I have also tried to sell on Ebay, but there are so many scarves on there it is not funny! I didn't sell a one.... Let me know how you do!