PDA

View Full Version : They're airing Without A Trace "knitted hat" Wed 8

Ann in NH
01-01-2007, 07:36 PM
I just found out the episode of Without A Trace which featured the friend-actress wearing a great knitted hat. 5 or 6 panels probably knitted separately? in contrasting colors, then sewn together. In pink & deep pink & white. Panels were intarsia and cables, with ribbed edge. Don't know if this is a handknit.

The show will re-air on Wednesday night at 8:00 ET on TNT

Thanks for reading,
Ann

hunterjenn
01-06-2007, 08:59 PM
I saw it--it definitely looks like a handknit to me. I'd say those panels are definitely knitted separately and then seamed, especially since the 2nd (upper) set of panels are offset from the lower ones. Super cute, though!

Ann in NH
01-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Thank you for your reply and for taking the time to check it out. I think you're right about the 4-knitted panels being seamed together and then maybe you pick-up the stitches to knit both the crown and ribbed edge. (I was confused when I described it as intarsia?)

The cross-over like cables in the Vogue Holiday Knitting red cover scarf are shown in the "Knit A Long" thread. Two of the 4-paneled hat have a much smaller version of that pattern. I think the hat would go well with the Vogue scarf.

Ann

steff
01-18-2007, 09:27 PM
does anyone have a pic of that hat?
or a screen cap from that tv show?

steff
01-18-2007, 09:27 PM
does anyone have a pic of that hat?
or a screen cap from that tv show?