PDA

View Full Version : Patons "Rumor" yarn

cookworm
01-02-2007, 02:56 AM
Has anybody knitted with Paton's "Rumor" yarn? I spied it at the store today, and when I touched it, it was SO SOFT!!!! It's a bulky yarn (12 sts x 17 rows = 4" on size 10's)--a blend of 84% acrylic, 1% polyester, and 15% alpaca. (mmmmm........al-pac-a.....! :heart: )

I was just wondering how it knitted up. I saw mixed reviews on line, but I bought a skein anyway and decided that if it didn't knit up nicely, I only blew a few dollars (I've wasted money on dumber things than yarn! :teehee: )

Chrissie
01-02-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm making a scarf with it right now....it is SO soft. I swatched it on 10.5 and the fabric was too tight IMO to really showcase the soft squishiness of the yarn. I'm combining it with other yarns and knitting a scarf on 15s...you might want to try 11s or 13s first to get a loose fabric.

cara
01-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi,

I knit a scarf for a friend with it on 6mm and should have used a bigger size. It did knit up nicely though either way. I did find the yarn splits a bit when picking up your stitches if you aren't careful, but perhaps that had more to do with me watching TV than the yarn...

hehe.

I LOVE the colorway you have chosen... I want something for me out of that!! yum!!

kschmitz
01-02-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm working on MagKnit's short row rib scarf with Rumor on US 10.5. Love the softness of the yarn, but it's going to shed like crazy (which I learned carrying the balls to the checkout wearing a black coat). But oh, well!

cookworm
01-03-2007, 12:21 AM
I'm working on MagKnit's short row rib scarf with Rumor on US 10.5. Love the softness of the yarn, but it's going to shed like crazy (which I learned carrying the balls to the checkout wearing a black coat). But oh, well!

I noticed this too--at first, I thought maybe I got a skein that somebody had dropped on the floor or something...it had these really long sheds coming off of it. :teehee: I read from others on line that this happens to be a characteristic of the yarn. It's a small deterrent for me I think because I really liked the yarn.

cookworm
01-03-2007, 12:53 AM
I LOVE the colorway you have chosen... I want something for me out of that!! yum!!

Thanks Cara! I really liked it too. I only bought one skein because I wasn't sure how it would work up. I don't know what I'll do with it yet, but I'll put it to good use! :teehee:

cara
01-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks Cara! I really liked it too. I only bought one skein because I wasn't sure how it would work up. I don't know what I'll do with it yet, but I'll put it to good use! :teehee:

Post a picture when you have it knitted up so I can see!!! I've been eyeballing it for some time now!