PDA

View Full Version : Favorite knitting magazine

efsaturn
01-05-2007, 09:13 PM
I was just looking at the kal and saw someone posted a hoodie from Fall 2006 issue of Knit Scene Magazine. I've been tempted to get a magazine but don't know which one and I have so many projects and there are so many free pattens and books that I just haven't done it yet.

I did purchase one issue of Knit Simple (I think) because I found the sleeveless sweater I wanted to make.

Does anyone get any magazines and what do you think?

Right now I'm making a hoody for a one year old. I am on the hood then to attach and I'm done. If I were doing it for anyone other than I baby I would have done a lot more ripping out and starting over. I got that pattern from Lion Brand xxx

Deeknit
01-05-2007, 09:36 PM
My favs:

Interweave Knits
Knit N Style
Knitters Magazine

Braden
01-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Interweave Knits is my favorite, but they don't have many beginner patterns at all, so if you are a beginner, I would suggest Knit.1, or Knit Simple, they are good ones.

jdee
01-06-2007, 12:36 AM
I get Knit Simple, and Creative Knitting. I'm probably what I'd call, an adventurous beginner.

orcoastknitter
01-06-2007, 01:22 AM
I just subscribed to Knit Simple. I saw it at my LYS and thought it was more my speed.

five_six
01-06-2007, 03:36 AM
i only get Vogue Knitting...

Quiltlady
01-06-2007, 07:06 PM
My favorites are Knit Simple and Creative Knitting. I'm an advanced beginner and they have lots of projects that I can do.

I use to subscribe to ALL the other knitting magazines but they are just eye candy for me. They are too advanced so I did not renew my subscriptions this year.

landolphe
01-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Anyone recall the name of the magazine that Elizabeth Zimmermann used to put out?

Lando :shrug:

Ingrid
01-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Anyone recall the name of the magazine that Elizabeth Zimmermann used to put out?

Lando :shrug:

www.schoolhousepress.com puts out a quarterly pattern booklet called Woolgathering.

mwedzi
01-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Vogue Knitting is my favorite. Then Interweave Knits. But I haven't been doing this for so long and haven't gone through more of a few years of mags (by looking at back issues), so things may change.

Cristy
01-07-2007, 08:52 PM
There is a magazine that I really like but I've never subscribed or purchased a copy--it's called Rebecca, I believe. It seems like it's published by Interweave or someone like that--it's geared towards younger knitters or more hip projects. I've never actually knit anything from it but I love the styles they have and can always think of someone who'd love one of the patterns. I don't think of myself as overly hip (or overly young for that matter) but I feel like they put out a wide variety of patterns that aren't typical.

I've bought Vogue and Creative Knits (I think that's what it's called) and like both of them pretty well too.

Cristy
01-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Okay--I just looked and I don't see anything indicating that Rebecca is published by anyone else but I found that they have a website (http://www.rebecca-online.com) with free patterns and more info about their magazines. They apparently have one devoted just to baby and kids and one for home too. Their spring issue is about to come out later this week and looks like it'll have some good patterns!

mwedzi
01-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Oh, I bought my first copy of Rebecca a couple months ago. I have looked through several issues. I like their magazines, too, and the non-native English they use is very cute. I haven't made anything from it yet, though.

efsaturn
01-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks everybody for your magazine reviews. I guess I'm advanced beginner or at intermediate. I have lots of new things to try, but I'm sure I can do them. I ended up getting Creative Knitting as I was able to get a discount through my store.

And I have book marked Elizabeth Zimmerman and the rebecca sites. Great info.

I read all this stuff while at work and have all the movitvation in the world but when it comes to real time and knitting takes time, I don't know how I could possible do all the projects I want. I have 2 projects almost finished then I want to try something new.

efsaturn
01-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks everybody for your magazine reviews. I guess I'm advanced beginner or at intermediate. I have lots of new things to try, but I'm sure I can do them. I ended up getting Creative Knitting as I was able to get a discount through my store.

And I have book marked Elizabeth Zimmerman and the rebecca sites. Great info.

I read all this stuff while at work and have all the movitvation in the world but when it comes to real time and knitting takes time, I don't know how I could possible do all the projects I want. I have 2 projects almost finished then I want to try something new.