View Full Version : Hi from Australia!

01-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Hi everyone :waving:

I've been frequenting this site for many months now and I have to say a big thank you to Amy for all the wonderful videos! You have essentially taught me to knit - my mum tried but I found it much easier to watch the videos and learn from those LOL so thank you Amy! :muah:

I've got into knitting mostly to knit for my cloth nappied son - so far I've mostly knit soakers and shorties, but I'm currently knitting some socks for my DH as part of a knitalong on an Australian forum I belong to. Next on the list is a hooded jumper for my older son.

This is what I usually look like when I'm knitting..... :frog: :rofl: but I am getting better and there is less of that going on these days :happydance:

Hoping to get to know you all on the boards if I can find the time to keep up with another forum!

01-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi Kim! Welcome to the Forums =D

01-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi Kim! As you can see, I'm a huge fan of a famous Aussie! Welcome--this forum is great!

01-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the forum!!!

01-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Hello, welcome to the forum! I'm pretty new on here myself, but I really enjoy it here, I've learned so much! I used cloth diapers for my two kids, I remember wishing at the time that I knew how to knit so I could make those great wool soakers. Now that I've finally taught myself how to knit, my kids are both out of diapers! Go figure.
Anyway, welcome!

Jan in CA
01-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the forum!! http://bestsmileys.com/thumbs/7.gif

01-06-2007, 08:29 PM
:happydance: Welcome to the forum!!

01-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome... I'm so excited to see someone else from Australia. Where abouts are you? :cheering: :cheering: :muah: This is the only forum I'm on, but it is absolutely kick ***!! (if i can say words like that :shock: )

01-06-2007, 10:22 PM

01-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Aww, I read your post and it made me want to be back in OZ so badly!!! My husband is from Townsville. We're going back this June to visit every one and I can't wait!!!

01-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Welome! I'm another Aussie celeb fan...
I've got a thing for Scots too, sigh...
Again, welcome to the forum, we get pretty scooters around here!

01-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Thanks for the welcome! I'm so excited about finding this site! I just graduated from college so I finally have time to knit again. I just finished my scarf that sat, untouched, for too many months. Now, I'm learning some different techniques and attempting the Reversible Shamrock Dishtowel. I've unraveled it a million times now because I keep thinking, "I can do that better!" The good thing is, it gets better every time I redo it. So, at least I'm making progress :cheering:

01-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Hey Kim!

Another Aussie here too.. I'm in Sydney.. where are you hailing from??

01-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone :) I'm in Adelaide. probably should put that in my profile huh :) my husband is from California. knitting has become my new obsession LOL but I really need to branch out and knit something other than soakers for my son!

01-08-2007, 01:31 AM
but I really need to branch out and knit something other than soakers for my son!

hehe.. you can knit soakers for my son.. ;) LOL

I like the yarn store in Rostrevor.. :D Nice lady there :D

01-08-2007, 06:33 AM
oh yes, my DH just discovered that store for me and bought me some knitting bags for christmas! i didn't even know it was there. spotlight was my LYS up to now. can't wait for her to reopen on the 15th so i can go and drool LOL

nadja la claire
01-08-2007, 11:06 AM
:waving: Welcome!! Glad you found us!! :cheering: :cheering:

:hug: :muah:

Nadja xxx

01-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Ribbit - Lincraft is an even better option to Spotlight, better prices, and on boxing day i bought up big, cause there was 50% off all yarn, and they have a bigger range than spotlight, at least the ones near me do.

01-09-2007, 08:03 PM
thanks Dee :)

unfortunately the only lincraft near me is in the city (pitb for parking!) and has zero wool :(

luckily I've found to LYS close by that stock nothing but wool, wool, and more wool! :happydance: