PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a QUICK blanket pattern?

aineepooh1
01-08-2007, 04:05 AM
I have tried and tried and tried :wall: I have several people who have asked me to make them a blankie/ throw/lapghan..!~ I always start out with a full head of steam and then.... I just lose my excitement..
Most people don't realize that knitting a blanket by HAND take a while~
I don't what to do because I keep getting asked to make a blanket, lapghan or shawl and it SEEMS like a doable project at first~~ I just can't seem to want to finish.. The project seems too big :pout: and I get bored with the patterns but I can't make anything too complicated or I can't remember the pattern~~ :wall: :doh: :doh:
any helpful input would be appreciated~

Shandeh
01-08-2007, 07:07 AM
I AGREE with you! Blankets take FOREVER!!!

It helps to use 3 strands of yarn at the same time, and knit with large needles, but that hurts my hands after a while.

Plus...it takes a LOT of yarn to make it!

suzeeq
01-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Here's a super easy pattern that can be done with any yarn (or two held together) and any size needles:

CO 3 or 5, knit 2 rows,

k2 (3), yo, knit to end - repeat this on every row, then when you get the sides as long as you want them,

k2 (3), yo, k2tog, knit to end until you get down to the same number of stitches you CO, k 2tog, k1, turn, k2tog (may have to do this twice if you CO 5 sts)

sue

jeanperry
01-08-2007, 10:44 PM
I just found this stitch this week-end and may be an answer for you. It's called mosaic garter stitch: R1 & 2 - K; R3 & 4 - (K1, sl 1 - w/ yarn to the back, as tho you were going to purl) across, K1.
It works especially well if you use two or more colors. I am making an afghan w/ the knit rows in beige and one 3 and 4 row in pink and the next ones in green. Looks good, going very quickly......good luck.....jean

tguzman
01-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi ,

This one only took me about a week to make it's very easy and if i worked on it more then i probably would have finished it faster but it's cute

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60241.html

suzeeq
01-10-2007, 01:43 AM
Hi ,

This one only took me about a week to make it's very easy and if i worked on it more then i probably would have finished it faster but it's cute

Yep, that's essentially the same one I posted. Lion has that same pattern under several different yarns.

sue

msoebel
01-10-2007, 01:12 PM
My next big project will be an afghan. I am going to make a patchwork one though...so I can make squares in all different stitches/patterns, and therefore save my sanity. It's fairly quick to knit a 9x9" square...and not nearly as boring. When done, you can simply whipstitch them together. Looks best in one color, but can work with 2 or even three.

Misty

cookworm
01-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Hi ,

Personally, I think that things like this knit diagonally/"on point" seem to go faster (at least for me). You have the beginning rows which go really fast because the rows are so short which gives you a boost to really get in there and work on it. Although the middle goes a little bit slower because it's the widest point, then you start to taper down towards the other end, and to me, seeing my work decreasing, getting smaller as I head towards that opposite end--it's a real boost to finish.

cookworm
01-12-2007, 12:45 AM
Hi ,

Personally, I think that things like this knit diagonally/"on point" seem to go faster (at least for me). You have the beginning rows which go really fast because the rows are so short which gives you a boost to really get in there and work on it. Although the middle goes a little bit slower because it's the widest point, then you start to taper down towards the other end, and to me, seeing my work decreasing, getting smaller as I head towards that opposite end--it's a real boost to finish.

cookworm
01-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Sorry for the multiple posts...the forum is acting weird on my computer (maybe there's some updates going on?) :shrug:

aineepooh1
01-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Good Point Cookworm~~!! :?? :?? :happydance: :eyebrow: