PDA

View Full Version : Knit Picks Panache

newamy
01-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Has anyone used Knit Picks Panache?
Is it soft? Is it warm, but not too heavy? Does it pill. Does it hand wash okay. Did you like it??

KEDEK5
01-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Yes I have used this yarn to make the Seaman's Scarf for my college age son. I loved the way the scarf turned out. The scarf is nice and soft but you do need to hand wash, which of course scares me, because like I said my son is a college student. We did just wash it for the first time this Christmas break and the scarf looks just like when I first finished. :cheering:

newamy
01-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks Elise- Does your son wear it a lot, is the fiber getting a work out?

I'm considering this for a cardigan and want to know if it will wear well.

KEDEK5
01-08-2007, 09:38 PM
My son has worn the scarf quite a bit, he goes to school up in Milwaukee, so I know it is getting a work out with that cold weather! I think it has held up very well, and knowing my son I am sure the scarf has taken a beating. :teehee: I think it would make a nice warm cardigan, maybe even have somewhat of a vintage feel to the cardigan. 8)

newamy
01-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks again.
I imagine a college student wouldn't go out of his way to protect the scarf. Unless he is really unusual and tidy.

Does anyone else have Panache Opinions???

Liliyarn
01-08-2007, 11:41 PM
My fo and review (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22585&highlight=) of Panache

newamy
01-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Thank you Liliyarn. Your review was actually very helpful.
It sounds like all who encounter this yarn like it, But I still wonder about making something bigger than a scarf from it.
I agree with you on the color choices, I think I will order a color card to see if the colors are workable for what I want.

Emeraldcutie
01-09-2007, 08:50 AM
I was curius, if the cardigan/sweater you are knitting is in worsted weigt or bulky. Iam doing a worsted weight - (5.5 sts/inch) one right now and Iam using Knit Picks telemark. It is really nice, although I can't vouch yet for the washability of it, It does require handwashing but I don't knit the pill factor of it.

newamy
01-09-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm considering the yarn for a cardigan that calls for bulky wt and I don't want to use the yarn called for, want something a bit softer. I would really like to use DB Cashmerino Chunky- but it's so expensive for the amount I would need. The Panache sounds nice, but I can't go to the store to see/feel it!