PDA

View Full Version : Silk Sleeves

becjo
01-09-2007, 01:01 PM
I made these for my step-daughter who NEVER wears long sleeves - even in the coldest of winter. It was a Christmas gift - yes, its Christmas Eve and she has on a tank top. We live in Indiana - not Florida or California! Hopefully these will keep her little arms a little warmer! I got the pattern out of the "One Skein Projects" and made it with Kid Mohair. That is some THIN stuff! - I made them a little longer and added a thumb hole to keep them in place on the arm.

Kaydee
01-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Very cool!

Jan in CA
01-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Those are cute and very thoughtful of you!

sara_jayne
01-09-2007, 08:06 PM
They look so soft & she looks like she loves them!

becjo
01-10-2007, 09:05 AM
I need to do another pair in black - that's her favorite color but they didnt have black at the LYS when I made them. Plus the owner said that the black is hard to work with - thats why she normally doesnt carry it - but I would think it would be OK because I did these on size 9's - plus on bamboo so you could see the stitches very well. Maybe I'll give it a go and see if it really is hard.

CateKnits
01-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Oh, I love those! Very cute in pink, too!
I want to make some for myself for the same reason. :teehee:

debb
01-10-2007, 01:58 PM
these are on my TBK list - is there any way they can be knit on a circular needle or is the circumference too small? (I'm a very sloppy seamer)

becjo
01-10-2007, 02:49 PM
I actually tried to do it on double pointed needles because it was too small for circulars but that yarn was too fine to deal with the DPN's so I just did it on straights and seamed them up. That kid mohair was just too fine - it was twisting the needles because of the weight of the needles. I got it going and was up a few inches but the "connection" part - the part where each of the DPN's come together - it just didn't look right. But I liked it the way I did it and it wasn't too bad to seam up. If you have good tension, the DPN's might work for you!

dharmagwen
01-10-2007, 04:26 PM
You could try using the magic loop technique. I have been wanting to try it myself, but been finishing up other things first. The awesome video is here at knittinghelp.com

jdee
01-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Those are so cute! I have that one skein book, and now, I'm thinking I just might have to make a pair of those. :teehee:

I'm pretty sure the magic loop method will work. I've made a pair of fingerless mittens using this method. It was my "learning magic loop" project. They turned out great.