PDA

View Full Version : Cap from KNITTY

becjo
01-09-2007, 01:05 PM
I forgot the name of this - but the pattern was on Knitty. It covers your ears and keeps the heat in but lets your hair come out the back - especially if you have a pony tail. This was my first one. I liked it but thought it was a little wide - so I made another one not as thick and I LOVE that one better. With less rows, it fits much better. I just didnt increase as much as they said.

khewes
01-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Calorimetry.

I've been dying to make one, but we are up to our armpits in moving!
Maybe when things settle down.
Yours is lovely.

sara_jayne
01-09-2007, 08:08 PM
I loved the idea of this pattern and thought about knitting one - yours looks great! :thumbsup:

I don't need one now though - I just had about 12 inches cut off my hair, so no pony tail for me!

DreamWeaver
01-10-2007, 02:45 AM
That looks awsome! I loveloveloveLOVE the yarn! :inlove:

loveswildflowers
01-10-2007, 07:45 AM
Looks great! I also just made one of these using a leftover ball of Noro Kuryon I had lying around. Mine also turned out wider than I thought it would based on the photo from Knitty. However, I just attributed it to the fact that I didn't do a gauge swatch (I was afraid I wouldn't have enough to finish the project if I did and I was feeling a bit lazy since it was a small project anyway). I did count a gauge sample as I progressed to see if I was close. After your post I am wondering if it maybe that the pattern is just written wider than I would like. I may partially frog mine back some and increase fewer times like you did on your second one.

becjo
01-10-2007, 09:03 AM
I think you'll like it better with less increases. I think the second one I did - I only increased it like 7 or 10 times instead of the 15. I'd have to look back on my pattern because I wrote it down. It just fits so much better that way. It really curves your head better instead of having loose fittings.

mrs desert rain
01-10-2007, 03:12 PM
i've been knitting these up like mad! most are made with my ever-growing pile of scrap wool...

a super fun project. :)