PDA

View Full Version : Progress Report

Knitting_Guy
01-10-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm parked in a service plaza just outside of Oklahoma City knitting on my scarf and watching a movie. The scarf is now 22" long. It seems like it's going to take forever to finish it, but I'm working on it as I find time, one row at a time. :D

lissalue
01-10-2007, 10:12 PM
just "keep on truckin'" on it :teehee:

that was corny, but i had to say it!

i just read your last few blog posts, glad you are feeling better. hope you don't start hurting again. happy knitting!

msoebel
01-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Hey...you're down in God's land tonight (sorry...I loved living in TX and OK when we were there...). Missing it tonight...Michigan is FREEZING...and still no SNOW.

I'm glad that you're scarf is still coming along. You have more dedication than I do. I hate making scarfs because I get so BORED. I apparently only want instant gratification. I want projects that can be done in 6 hours or less...My prayer shawl was started 2 months ago...it's about 1/3 done. Aaah...to be done someday in the distant future, I am sure.

Your mom is going to love her red scarf though. What's the musical selection for this evening?

Misty

Knitting_Guy
01-10-2007, 10:26 PM
just "keep on truckin'" on it :teehee:

that was corny, but i had to say it!

:rofl:

i just read your last few blog posts, glad you are feeling better. hope you don't start hurting again. happy knitting!

Thanks, it comes and goes.

BinkyKat
01-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Way to go KG. My brother is a former/on occasion driver. He wanted to be home since he got married and has a little one so he now works for Canadian Pacific RR as a yardmaster and is home every night. Once or twice a month on his off days, he drives a regular route over one night to augment the family income. His dream job would have been to haul race cars (he mentioned that when we watched the DVD of "Cars" over New Year's lol) He's been everywhere but Hawaii of course in a truck. Most memorable story was driving switchbacks with a full load of Ocean Spray. I guess the route was an alternate per a trooper due to road work. The worst part was the icy narrow roads and riding the breaks and wondering if the heavy liquid load would cause him to jump ship... i guess it was a hairy event. :shock:
I imagine it being kinda cozy in the sleeper with a project to work on of some sort. I read some of your blog and saw the pic of the bag you're looking at. I have one of those too but in the general craft bag version...one that apparently holds two skeins of yarn but has room for other things rather than the fully knitting dedicated bag. Keep an eye out for a 40% off coupon for Michael's in the papers (Sunday's issue usually) as that is what I did on mine and save a few bucks.

Keep on keepin' on :happydance:

Knitting_Guy
01-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey...you're down in God's land tonight (sorry...I loved living in TX and OK when we were there...). Missing it tonight...Michigan is FREEZING...and still no SNOW.

I've always liked this part of the country too.

I'm glad that you're scarf is still coming along. You have more dedication than I do. I hate making scarfs because I get so BORED. I apparently only want instant gratification. I want projects that can be done in 6 hours or less...My prayer shawl was started 2 months ago...it's about 1/3 done. Aaah...to be done someday in the distant future, I am sure.

Your mom is going to love her red scarf though.

It does take a while, but being as I am brand new to knitting I think something like a scarf is perfect for simple repetitive practice.

What's the musical selection for this evening?

No music tonight, just watching a DVD while I knit.

Misty[/quote]

Knitting_Guy
01-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks Jodie. Yeah those detours can be pretty hairy at times. A lot of drivers go off the road once they start a family but many eventually wind up back out here again. It gets in your blood and working a daily routine becomes too boring. I could never see myself going back to teaching or engineering work now as I'd probably die from boredom.

It is nice to have something creative to do while kicked back in the sleeper.

lissalue
01-10-2007, 10:48 PM
o yeah, i have that bag too, mine came from michael's with the coupon. i love it!! i also want the smaller one to carry to the doctor and stuff with just one project in it.

MoniDew
01-10-2007, 11:06 PM
welcome to Oklahoma! (I'm just outside of Tulsa, myself)
________
EXTREME VAPORIZER (http://extremevaporizer.net/)

MoniDew
01-10-2007, 11:07 PM
welcome to Oklahoma! (I'm just outside of Tulsa, myself)
________
Spice weed (http://syntheticweed.org)

psammeadred
01-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Hi, Mason - I waved at you! (Not sure where you are exactly, but I live in Oklahoma City.) Drive carefully - it's horribly windy out there. And hi to MoniDew as well! It's good to have some more Sooner State knitters on the board.

Cristy
01-10-2007, 11:14 PM
I know what you mean about the scarves although I seem to be quite attracted to scarf patterns. I'm working on one now that is a double-sided cabled scarf so that it's perfectily reversable--it's taken me longer than I wanted but it's probably the prettiest thing I've ever completed.

I haven't read your blog but are you referring to the "orange" canvas like knitters bag? If so, I have the one skein/two skein bag and I hate it. I'd love to sell it off if anyone wants it....you guys can pm me if you're interested!

Knitting_Guy
01-10-2007, 11:24 PM
o yeah, i have that bag too, mine came from michael's with the coupon. i love it!! i also want the smaller one to carry to the doctor and stuff with just one project in it.

Cool. I really need to check out a Michael's. Never been in one.

Knitting_Guy
01-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Hi MoniDew, I know right where Broken Arrow is at.

Knitting_Guy
01-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Hi, Mason - I waved at you! (Not sure where you are exactly, but I live in Oklahoma City.) Drive carefully - it's horribly windy out there. And hi to MoniDew as well! It's good to have some more Sooner State knitters on the board.

Howdy. I haven't quite made it to OK City yet. I'm parked about 30 minutes or so outside of the city. I'll wave as I pass through on 44 tomorrow morning. :D

Knitting_Guy
01-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Cristy;

Yeah it's the orange looking bag. I'm looking at the 6 skein one. Why don't you like yours?

MoniDew
01-10-2007, 11:51 PM

Seriously? COOL!!! That's awesome. If you ever get tired of road food, stop by a little-bitty healthfood store at 91st & Sheridan in Tulsa, naturalfarms, for a great meal. I'm the staff nutritionist for them.

www.naturalfarms.com
________
Dodge Ram 50 Specifications (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Ram_50)

Knitting_Guy
01-10-2007, 11:57 PM

Seriously? COOL!!! That's awesome. If you ever get tired of road food, stop by a little-bitty healthfood store at 91st & Sheridan in Tulsa, naturalfarms, for a great meal. I'm the staff nutritionist for them.

www.naturalfarms.com

Thanks, I appreciate it but most of those places are a tad difficult to get to in a big rig :rofl:

callmesusan
01-11-2007, 02:30 AM
Knitting_Guy,

I would kinda like to read your blog, but the advertisement is getting in the way of your text. I there a way for me to turn the ad column off?

WTG on the scarf, BTW.

hunterjenn
01-11-2007, 02:35 AM
Cristy;

Yeah it's the orange looking bag. I'm looking at the 6 skein one. Why don't you like yours?

Oh, I have the 6 skein one and I LOVE it!! I think I have about 9 projects' worth of yarn in it, plus the pattern books I'm using and all my tools. :heart: :heart: :heart: it!!

Knitting_Guy
01-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Knitting_Guy,

I would kinda like to read your blog, but the advertisement is getting in the way of your text. I there a way for me to turn the ad column off?

WTG on the scarf, BTW.

Hmmm, I wasn't aware of any ads. It could be something non-members see. I have no control over that, sorry. If you use the Firefox browser you could add the ad block feature to it.

Knitting_Guy
01-11-2007, 12:49 PM
hunterjenn;; cool, I'm glad to hear someone likes that bag. I'm going to be ordering one pretty soon I think.

brendajos
01-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Knitting_Guy,

WTG on the scarf, BTW.

Hmmm, I wasn't aware of any ads. It could be something non-members see. I have no control over that, sorry. If you use the Firefox browser you could add the ad block feature to it.

I think i have been on the blog on all three computers now (all of which are IE computers) and ads haven't gotten in my way of reading. I just looked on this one (real job) which has the least amount of protection for ad blocking and i didn't see any ads at all. :??

Stiney
01-11-2007, 12:53 PM
:??

I don't see an ad column on your blog, either. Just the "Top Articles" column to the right.

Jan in CA
01-11-2007, 01:12 PM
The only ad I see is at the bottom (Google ad), otherwise the sidebar is just the navigation for the blog. Nothing covers the text up though. I use Firefox.

Stiney
01-11-2007, 01:17 PM
I've used Safari, Firefox, and IE and no problems. :shrug:

Knitting_Guy
01-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Could be some nasty adware on the computer. In that case just run a good spyware app like Adaware and/or Spybot S&D to clean it out.

callmesusan
01-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Knitting_Guy,

WTG on the scarf, BTW.

(I don't think I did this right!)
Thanks Knittin_Guy. I do use Firefox and I will go to the ad block button so I can read about your knitting progress and travels. Cheers.

callmesusan
01-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Knitting_Guy,

Okay, now I can read your text and see that they weren't ads on the right column, but your directory. When I tried to read your site before, the text was sprawled out across/into/overlapped with your contents column. Now it's fixed. :cheering:

Thanks

imported_Knitty_Kat
01-13-2007, 01:14 AM
You're coming right along on that scarf, Mason. I love to kick back with a movie and my knitting. I think I've only breaked for going to the bathroom and doing housecleaning since Tuesday. I've spent almost every last minute knitting. I'm on a roll.

I love reading your blog. For some reason, the site won't let me join so I can't leave comments (get an error message when I go to respond to the confirmation e-mail), but I liked your entry about the tornado in Houston. Reminds me alot of myself and my dad. We had a tornado Sunday night, right as I was in the middle of washing veggies for a salad. Got my son and my knitting in the basement with my mom and siblings, then me and my dad went out on the front porch to smoke and watch the storm. I always joke and say, "when they say we're under a tornado watch that's exactly what I do - I go outside and I watch for a tornado". :teehee:

Knitting_Guy
01-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Knitting_Guy,

Okay, now I can read your text and see that they weren't ads on the right column, but your directory. When I tried to read your site before, the text was sprawled out across/into/overlapped with your contents column. Now it's fixed. :cheering:

Thanks

That was the site acting wonky. They've been working on it but it still acts up now and again.

Knitting_Guy
01-13-2007, 10:14 PM
You're coming right along on that scarf, Mason. I love to kick back with a movie and my knitting. I think I've only breaked for going to the bathroom and doing housecleaning since Tuesday. I've spent almost every last minute knitting. I'm on a roll.

That's a lot of knitting.

I love reading your blog. For some reason, the site won't let me join so I can't leave comments (get an error message when I go to respond to the confirmation e-mail), but I liked your entry about the tornado in Houston. Reminds me alot of myself and my dad. We had a tornado Sunday night, right as I was in the middle of washing veggies for a salad. Got my son and my knitting in the basement with my mom and siblings, then me and my dad went out on the front porch to smoke and watch the storm. I always joke and say, "when they say we're under a tornado watch that's exactly what I do - I go outside and I watch for a tornado". :teehee:

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy my boring blog. LOL

The site has been acting up a lot lately and they're working on it. Keep trying.

I think tornadoes are pretty cool as long as they aren't right on top of me.

monzogary
01-13-2007, 10:51 PM

I have the six skein one and I use it all the time. I keep all my crochet hooks, stitch holders, scissors, stitch markers, and all my other litter gadgets in there as well as any current projects. I also use it for work as I'm a knitting and crocheting instructor at the local Michael's store, so then I have all my paper work folders and such in there too. I can fit so much stuff in it that at times it almost gets too heavy to carry! I personally really like it a lot.