PDA

View Full Version : Shopping spree

niffer
01-11-2007, 11:25 AM
My DH has just given me 100 ($194) to spend on knitting equipment and Yarn to get me through the next few months.

I only have basic needles so I'm looking into a second hand set of interchangeables so that I can make the rest of the money spread far with the Yarn.

Can anyone recommend a nice cheap website that sells interesting Yarn thats quite cheap? I'm looking for a few types of yarn for a couple of projects that I have in mind.

Any ideas gratefully received.

nadja la claire
01-11-2007, 11:41 AM
:inlove: I think I'm in love with your DH!!! You are one lucky lady :woot: :woot: :woot:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

niffer
01-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I know - I'm either really lucky OR really nagging and he's doing it to shut me up :teehee:

I think he wants to get me more and more into this knitting business so that he can concentrate on being a geek in the evenings!

I'll knit something nice for him as a thank you! :cheering:

mulene
01-11-2007, 11:53 AM
A GOOD interchangeable set (apart from options) is the denise set. It is available in the UK too from various Online sellers and even ebay!

Angelika's yarn shop is good. But she is in the USA.

A good seller to look for on ebay is Jeanette's rare yarns - she lists in US dollars but the conversion is good and the yarn is a good price.

Kangaroo in Brighton are also very good. Creative knitting magazine has ads in the back for a ton of stores online and offline all over the country - I highly recommend getting that. Failing that John Lewis!

niffer
01-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Ooh - loads of ideas there!

Thank you - I shall spend wisely :happydance:

mwedzi
01-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Lots of people rave about Cucumber Patch yarns in the UK. Mostly UK brands, though. Her prices are very reasonable for the brands she sells, so much so that many this side find it cheaper to buy yarn from her and have it shipped internationally.

For sock yarn, I'd highly recommend Astrid's Dutch Obsessions.