PDA

View Full Version : Please Keep her in Prayers.. Now doing better....

snowbear
01-11-2007, 06:12 PM
I want to knit my daughter a nice top that she can wear after the baby, that would allow easy access for breastfeeding. What I need help on is what kind of yarn? She lives in San Diego and is very hot natured. She needs something light weight and easy to care for.. She also has a 2 yr old.. I tend to shy away from cotton due to it stretching.. I want something that will look nice, and stand up to life. But nice enough she can wear it if they ever go out for dinner or such.

Jan in CA
01-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Hmm..how about a nice cotton blend?

Cotton Ease (http://cache.lionbrand.com/yarns/newcottonease.html)
Shine worsted or sport (http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/Yarn_List.aspx)

I'm sure there are a lot of other cotton blends, too.

bip
01-11-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't know if this is good advice, but I made something with Berroco Cotton Twist and loved working with it. It looks and feels like Egyptian cotton, but is 30% acrylic so it holds its shape. I didn't use it for apparel though, so I'm not sure how it drapes, maybe someone else can comment on that?

ChroniclesofYarnia
01-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Definitely cotton or linen. Linen is amazing, and if she is ever "done" with the garment, you can pull it out and make the most amazing dishtowels ever.

madametj
01-11-2007, 07:15 PM
have you seen the breast-feeding top (http://www.knitty.com/issuespring05/PATTpeekaboob.html) on knitty? i dunno about wearing it out, but its a tank top so hopfully it shouldnt be too hot.

saylor
01-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I like the top from knitty. I could see putting an open shirt over it and wearing it out.

snowbear
01-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Daughter in labor.. I'm knitting like crazy to stay calm.. had to update.. keep fingers crossed!!!!!

five_six
01-11-2007, 11:00 PM
how extremely exciting... I hope the labour goes well for mum and bub :hug:

You better get knitting, your on a deadline now!!

Jan in CA
01-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Good luck to her!! :cheering:

psammeadred
01-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Woohoo! I'll keep her (and you) in my prayers tonight.

snowbear
01-12-2007, 01:44 PM
She went into labor about 5 p.m. pst. then stopped at midnight. Started again at 3:30 a.m. Pains about 7 min apart.. but not consistent. OK.. Who is on Stork duty? Tell the silly bird to drop off the package!

psammeadred
01-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Any updates?

snowbear
01-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Draco Maximus Parker/ born 1-12-07, at 5:15 pst,
length 20 inches. weight 7lb 9 oz

Had to do C-Section... Prob w/ deliver.. her placenta was disolving.. Dr. misjudged due date by about 2-3 weeks.

Son & Mother.. ok.. MeMaw(me) a nervous wreck.

Father already sending pics

They are in San Diego.. I'm be there in about 1-2 weeks. when mother in law leaves.. so I can take over helping.

:passedout:

psammeadred
01-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Congratulations!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Sara
01-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Welcome, Draco!! :heart: :cheering:

Congratulations, MeMaw! :muah:

With a name like "Big Dragon", I hope his hair is fiery red. That would be fabulous! :teehee: Baby needs one of those dragon scarves from Moorehouse Farms. :cheering:

snowbear
01-12-2007, 10:52 PM
He could be red- headed.. It runs in my side of family. and yes..lol I saw the dragon scarf and thought of him, lol.

I'm so nervous I've knitted the wrong way 3 times!

I'm going to call her again in a bit...but had to tell you guys. Thanks soo much for putting up w/ me.

Bear Hugs all around!

five_six
01-12-2007, 10:54 PM
That's wonderful news.

:muah: to all!

Ingrid
01-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Congratulations!!! My kids called my mother Memaw for the longest time. It brought back some fond memories.

knitqueen
01-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Congratuations on the new grandbaby, and glad to hear the mom & baby are doing well despite the complications. I bet you can't wait to see the little guy!!

:muah:

Mariblue
01-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Congratulations! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

snowbear
01-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Update.... iT WAS 3:15 PST. She has lost a lot of blood.. hasn't even held him yet.. Fighting military red tape.. She is to get to hold him in about 5 minutes or so.. She isvery upset.. etc.. Damage to her uterus.. etc.. Please keep her in your prayers...

Ellen Edwards
01-12-2007, 11:25 PM
My goodness--I am praying for her and for all of you!! I'm praying that she and baby will be fine, and that the red tape will be snipped away!! There's nothing as love;y, as sweet, as a newborn!! :heart: :heart:

Jan in CA
01-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Congratulations! I'm sorry to hear about the problems, will keep you all in my thoughts! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jeep_Girl
01-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Congratulations! :cheering:

imported_Knitty_Kat
01-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Congratulations, Snowbear. I'm sorry she is having trouble. I was in labor with my son for thirty-two hours and they were so worried I would need an emergency c-section. Thank heavens my son finally came. That must be awful, not being able to hold your own baby. They wouldn't let my mom hold me until after the doctor was finished giving her stitches (over two hours after I was born!). Anyway, try to enjoy your knitting and I hope Momma and Baby are doing well now.

snowbear
01-13-2007, 01:38 AM
She has held him, nursed him and cried. She is in pain, but baby is fine. I have seen pics via phone, and I have talked w/ him. I explained who I was, and who to call if anyone gives him any trouble. (Polar bears are not to be messed w/ especially mother bears, not even mentioning grandmother bears).

Daughter is doing better, they didn't give her blood, I'm trying not to butt in too much.. (yeah right) but she does know she is going to have to take it easy.

I want to thank everyone so much for the thoughts, prayers and wishes. This site just rocks! Bear hugs to all....

nonny2t
01-13-2007, 07:25 AM
How wonderful! Congratulations and :muah: to the new parents and grandparents! I have 144 days until our new grandbaby and I am so anxious. It is our second too, first for son and dil and we sure hope we can have a boy to carry on the name, Jack Nolan the IV. My son's granddad would have loved to live to not only see his grandson grow up and become a father but to see his great grandson who will be named after him too. You must be so very thrilled!!!!!

Mom and Dad Harry Potter fans?????

Again, much congratulations!

mulene
01-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Congratulations on the baby - sorry mom isn't doing as great as she should be I will keep her in my prayers.

As for the top... no one has mentioned Bamboo yarn. That stuff is GORGEOUS - its silky and lovely to work with and drapes beautifully and doesn't stretch. It also wicks away moisture so perfect for a "Hot" mom.

Virtuella
01-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Congratulations! :heart:

HamburgKnitter
01-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Congratulations...and here's wishing you daughter a speedy recovery! :hug:

snowbear
01-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Their first child is named Angel. She had a few problems getting into the world. So, this boy is the last of their family. So.. the name comes from my dughters long time hollywood crush.. Sean Connery. It seems he played a part, yrs ago in which his name was Draco. So, that is where the Draco comes in. It also means Big Dragon.

Daughter is doing better,big sis has held him, and gave him his first sisterly kiss. Time will heal the wound, and soon all of them will be enjoying this great gift!

Thanks for all the support.. I'm now finishing up the blanket, and getting ready to knit a dragon, lol.. as well as looking for tops for her...

Bear Hugs!

mks22300
01-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Congratulations! :hug:

niffer
01-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Welcome to the world Baby Draco!
And Congrats to Angel for becoming a big sister!!!

Hope all goes smoothly here on in!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

nadja la claire
01-13-2007, 02:59 PM
COOL NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :blooby: :blooby: :blooby: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :clink: :clink: :clink: :clink: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx