PDA

View Full Version : I've joined the mmmmmmasses!

HamaLee
01-11-2007, 09:29 PM
I went to my LYS for some purse handles (of which they have the crappiest selection...so I didn't find any). And on my way out, I spied the illustrious mmmmmmmmMalabrigo!

I've never actually seen or felt it in real life--but it was like I had a homing device! I zeroed right on on the beautiful stuff. MMMmmmm...so soft. I narrowed my selection to two colors and then stood--paralyzed--for a good 15 minutes trying to decide. One of the sales ladies started to ask if I needed help and then she was captured by the trance! She said: "Can I hel---ooohhh, that's niiiiiiice...." :roflhard:

So finally I decided on two skeins of colorway Oceanos---mmmm---neither of which I can afford! Heheheeh....

So after you look at the luscious yarn--done NO justice by my camera--please tell me:

What does my ~400yds of mmmmmMalabrigo want to be? I'd love any pattern/stitch suggestions to really show this yarn off. And it's for ME! And I want it next to as much skin as possible! :rofl:

blueeyes28
01-12-2007, 07:40 AM
I have made 2 of the coronet hats one with the color hollyhock and one with alpine pearl and the hats are a huge hit the braided cable is still very visible even with the color variations I have also made tons of mittens and scrunchable scarfs with it depending on how long you like your scarves you could probably make a hat and scarf with it .

Angelia
01-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Mmmmmmm!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

As always, I recommend the Scrunchable scarf!! You should have plenty for a nice, long scarf AND a cozy hat!!

nadja la claire
01-12-2007, 10:07 AM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMalabrigo :drool: :drool: :drool: My newest obsession! I bought my 1st hanks yesterday and I couldn't keep my hands off of them. I woke up a 2 AM and my 1st thought was to go and get my babies and curl up with them. Your little ones are beautiful :inlove: :inlove:

My little sweeties told me that they want to be the halter dress in the holiday edition of Vogue. So I'm going to have to buy 5 more hanks. BOOHOO :teehee: If you're going to stick with just the 2. Why not make a Whimsy Scarf.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

nadja la claire
01-12-2007, 10:07 AM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMalabrigo :drool: :drool: :drool: My newest obsession! I bought my 1st hanks yesterday and I couldn't keep my hands off of them. I woke up a 2 AM and my 1st thought was to go and get my babies and curl up with them. Your little ones are beautiful :inlove: :inlove:

My little sweeties told me that they want to be the halter dress in the holiday edition of Vogue. So I'm going to have to buy 5 more hanks. BOOHOO :teehee: If you're going to stick with just the 2. Why not make a Whimsy Scarf.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

HamaLee
01-12-2007, 10:25 AM
I started a My So-Called Scarf, upon Ingrid's suggestion. It looks lovely so far. We'll see how much yarn it takes up. The thought of being able to make a hat as well is nice....but I hardly ever wear hats OR scarves so....I dunno. Hehe...maybe I'll just snuggle up with it.

Maybe I should make arm-warmers. I wear a down vest as my winter "coat" and short-sleeve t-shirts all winter (in New England!) because coats are too hot. But my hands and arms do sometimes get cold...

letah75
01-12-2007, 11:23 AM
I broke down and bought some too. I bought two colors, two hanks of each. I would like to make a hat out of the verde I got. But I've never made a hat before, and I can't seem to find a pattern on freepatterns that I think would work with this yarn. Can anyone think of one?

HamaLee
01-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Try the Hat Recipe (http://www.mielkesfarm.com/bsic_hat.htm) as guideline and then design as you go. I've done that for a few hats and then just experimented with ribbing, colorwork, cables, etc until it was time for decreasing.

Stiney
01-12-2007, 11:31 AM
I broke down and bought some too. I bought two colors, two hanks of each. I would like to make a hat out of the verde I got. But I've never made a hat before, and I can't seem to find a pattern on freepatterns that I think would work with this yarn. Can anyone think of one?

If you bought the regular Malabrigo, it's a worsted/heavy worsted so any worsted-weight pattern would work. The Aquarello and Chunky I'm not sure about.