PDA

View Full Version : Fo my first pair of clogs!!!

blueeyes28
01-12-2007, 06:56 PM
I have completed my first pair of clogs and they were so much easier than I expected! :happydance:

stitchwitch
01-12-2007, 07:05 PM
How neat! I just bought the pattern and the yarn but I'm working up my confidence to start. I hope mine turn out as nicely as your's!

blueeyes28
01-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks! I was very intimidated looking at the pattern but after I got started it was pretty easy I found using a dry erase marker to keep my place very helpful I have the pattern in a clear sleeve so I just crossed out the lines as I completed them then wiped it all off when I was done.

Jan in CA
01-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Those are pretty!

Mulderknitter
01-12-2007, 07:24 PM
That is a fantastic idea for pattern markings! I tend to write all over the pattern, but that is a better way to go, and GREAT job on the clogs! i've been eyeing them in the KAL section.. :notworthy:

Marni
01-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Nice job! I'm making a pair for my DB right now with very similiar blue/grey.

I've used dry erase markers for other things (maps mostly) but found that they sometimes would leave behind a faint color so I switched to overhead projector markers and they come perfectly clean when wet and wiped.

Happy clogging...

sara_jayne
01-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Great job! Such great colors!

gunnerbee
01-12-2007, 11:28 PM
They look great!!
I have the pattern, just need the yarn to make them- but yeah that big pattern looks intimidating to me

Cristy
01-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Those look great--they've been on my to-do list for a while. I kept saying I was going to try them as a Christmas gift for my dad and then never got around to it. Maybe next Christmas???? There are other holidays coming up but in GA--it has to be dead of winter for you to wear something like that (it's 68 here today!)

CarmenIbanez
01-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Aren't they fun? A very rewarding knit. They look complicated but they are pretty straightforward. A quick knit for those of "instant gratification" types.

DreamWeaver
01-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Great job! Wow, I'm seeing those everywhere...

butterflymama
01-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Those are so cute! Are they the kids size? I need to make a pair for both of my boys but have not made the kids yet, only adults.

blueeyes28
01-16-2007, 11:26 AM
They are the smallest kids size I made them in one day felting and all!

benee16
01-17-2007, 10:39 AM
They came out great!!! I want to make my son and daughter a pair, but I bought both the kids and adult pattern and my son spilled grape juice on the kids pattern and I can't read it. I'm going to try to guess how to make it based on the adult pattern, I just don't want to spend the money again and fiber trends wouldn't replace the pattern when I emailed them. Kids!!!
Thanks for shairing thoe pictures. They are adorable.
Denise

msoebel
01-17-2007, 11:52 AM
How sweet! Makes me want to order that pattern now! I was going to make a pair of clogs for hubby, but he found a pair of leather slippers that he liked more.

Another tip for crossing off lines on patterns - they make eraseable highlighters now...

Misty

aineepooh1
01-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Blue Eyes
What a great idea to keep your place on your pattern :cheering: :cheering: Put your pattern in a clearl plastic sleeve and check it off as you go...!~~ :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
:cheering: