PDA

View Full Version : How to buy file online from Knitpicks?

redwitch
01-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Hi all

I recently tried to buy a pattern electronically from Knitpicks (the Kimono-Style Sweater). The order wouldn't go through - it required me to post a U.S. shipping address (I'm a Kiwi). I assumed this was because I was on the wrong page, it thought I wanted to buy a paper pattern sent to me in the post. I sent a message to Knitpicks, and a helpful woman said that they were working around the requirement for a U.S. address for electronic downloads.
I said, are you telling me that I wasn't on the wrong page, it's just that the address requirement is inappropriately used? If that's the case, can't I just make up an address but purchase the file electronically, and download it as usual?
She said yes and conveniently gave me a fake U.S. address complete with zip code.

I'm not sure how much of this was useful to you... but now I am getting charged for shipping at the virtual checkout when I go to make the purchase. Clearly I am on the page to buy paper patterns shipped to me physically (at a nonexistent address). I can't find the page where I go to buy files I download instantly. Can anyone help me? What link do I need to follow?
Apologies, I'm sure it's somewhere obvious to most other people.

Thank you all!

Sarah

Angelia
01-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Hmm...I can understand that they'd need a billing address that matches the address on your credit card, but you shouldn't be charged for shipping when you're buying a downloadable pattern. I recently bought the Emma Jacket, and I was not charged shipping for it (at least not that I can tell).

When I bought the jacket, there were two versions of the pattern for me to choose, electronic and paper. Are you given two versions when you pick the pattern?

redwitch
01-13-2007, 07:20 PM
The Customer Service woman I spoke to suggested a certain fake address... and my 'credit card' is not that kind of card, it's kind of... prepaid. My total at the virtual checkout includes a shipping cost, so I assume I am on a page for physical/hard copy patterns.
Apart from the fact that I don't want to pay extra shipping for a download, I won't receive the pattern - it will probably go to the fake U.S. address in the mail.
Does anyone else have this problem getting to the downloads page (as opposed to the mail-order patterns page?)

Sarah

suzeeq
01-13-2007, 09:22 PM
The electronic downloads are new for them, so they may have a few bugs to work out. Email them and see what they can do.

sue