PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Cartoon

kellyh57
01-13-2007, 12:00 PM
I was flipping around to find something on for my son this morning and landed on a show called Dragon. (It's more like claymation...but you get the picture.) Anyway. It featured "Dragon" learning to knit :X: and teaching his friends. SO COOL! My son just thinks I'm crazy. I was watching them knit (ultra fast of course) and getting all excited. :happydance: Just thought I'd share. I need to add it to that knitting on TV page! If you're interested, it's on NBC. Don't know if it's on the same schedule everywhere so someone may still be able to catch it!

Kelly

cookworm
01-13-2007, 12:27 PM
My toddler will occasionally watch the Canadian cartoon "Calliou". On one episode, his grandmother takes him to a knitting shop where there is a sheep farm on the premises. The shop owner who is a friend of his grandmother's shows him how to spin, which I was interested to see--even if only in a cartoon. I'd never seen it done "in person". How fun to see that even kids' shows have "caught on" to needlecrafts!

kellyh57
01-13-2007, 09:44 PM
My son LOVES Calliou. I can't stand "his" screachy voice and the old-lady narrator. (He sounds like a girl!) I don't know if the Canadian version is the same. We very rarely switch off of Noggin, but Calliou and Clifford's Puppy Days are two of his favorites!

Kelly