PDA

View Full Version : knitting and bowling

Miss_Knit
01-13-2007, 07:11 PM
So, i'm in my bowling match for my high school yesterday ad i'm doing terrible. I kept getting stressed out, missing spares, hitting the gutter, and just shaking whenever it was my turn. i manage to finish the game with a 100 which is pretty bad and i thought my coach would take me out. to my relief he left me in but i was still feeling completely horrible. so, what do i do that makes me feel better and calms me down? i picked up my knitting and worked on my scarf between frames. all the stress was gone and i got a 169 and then a 136. my coach kept saying "we need to get all the girls knitting!" and i was like "YES!! We'll make a blanket!!" so thats my lil knitting story and how it actually helped me with somet5hing completely unrelated. who knew! lol

brendajos
01-13-2007, 07:58 PM
wow and i am always utterly delighted when i get a score around 100! :teehee:

Cristy
01-13-2007, 08:31 PM
wow and i am always utterly delighted when i get a score around 100! :teehee:

LOL....me to Bren!!! When dh and I started dating we used to go bowling every now and then b/c it was something that he and his college friends had done and we could convince some of them to go out with us every now and then! I stink and get frustrated really easy with it!

I have a student who bowls and he, his grandmother, mother, and aunt are all on teams in a local league (didn't know there was still such a thing) and they are really amazing! They go all over the place playing in tournaments. His grandmother knits...I'll have to ask her if she ever knits between frames!

Knitting_Guy
01-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Cool. Yet another plus for knitting.

I am probably one of the few people on the planet who needed hand surgery after a horrible bowling accident :wall:

mrs desert rain
01-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Cool. Yet another plus for knitting.

I am probably one of the few people on the planet who needed hand surgery after a horrible bowling accident :wall:

:pout: hand surgery?!

CateKnits
01-13-2007, 11:18 PM
My mom and dad were in a bowling league "back in the day." My dad's best score was a 273. :shock: He saved the score sheet and kept it in his bowling ball bag. :teehee: I wonder if I could get him into bowling again. I hate it (I actually bowled a 4 once!), but it might be fun to go with my dad.