PDA

View Full Version : WOOO HOOOO!--It's Back!

brendajos
01-15-2007, 12:09 PM
I didn't realize how many times a day I subconsciously it the KH button on my browser until I kept getting error messages when I did it! :muah:

sara_jayne
01-15-2007, 12:13 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I was going to start twitching soon if KH didn't come back up!!!!

dustinac
01-15-2007, 12:13 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :happydance:

:rofl: I had this image of us sitting with our knitting and clicking refresh...

I thought my mouse was going to wear out on me.. :oops:

Ronda
01-15-2007, 12:14 PM
That was awful. :passedout:

Glad things are back up! :cheering:

JoeE
01-15-2007, 12:15 PM
It was really sad for me, because I was going to reward myself for cleaning up the kitchen by 'allowing' myself to read KH with no guilt. I felt cheated when I didn't get my reward. Funny how quickly you can get hooked on something (and maybe just a bit scary).

Joe

Stiney
01-15-2007, 12:17 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :happydance:

:rofl: I had this image of us sitting with our knitting and clicking refresh...

I thought my mouse was going to wear out on me.. :oops:

At least I wasn't the only one! :rofl:

The chat lasted a smidge longer than the boards, but I was very sad when that died, too. :pout:

brendajos
01-15-2007, 12:18 PM
awww that really IS unfair! you could have cleaned MY kitchen as a reward...i woulda let you! :teehee:

jodstr2
01-15-2007, 12:20 PM
yep, telecommuting today and I need KH to be a friendly diversion!!! it's back! YAY!!!!!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

AmandaC
01-15-2007, 12:21 PM
I was devasted .... Here in the UK it's nearly home time so I had to spend the WHOLE day at work ... working! :wall: :shrug: :pout:

niffer
01-15-2007, 12:25 PM
I first cheked today at 7am - which i believe is midnight ish for most of you - and I thought "thats OK - don't panic, 3 hours of work before I can knit anyway". I got back to my puta at 12.30 and I thought "Its still night over there - still no reason to panic".

When 2pm came, 7am over there (at least in my head) I was in full swing panic - too much coffee and no KH and AAAAGH!!!

But its back now.

And the knitting community simultaneously sighs a sigh of relief. :teehee:

lissalue
01-15-2007, 12:28 PM
i was having withdrawls!! it was the the most horrible knitting related thing that has ever happened to me. i am so relieved now.

zkimom
01-15-2007, 12:57 PM
I feel much better now! :yay: :woot:

Susan

stitchwitch
01-15-2007, 01:01 PM
"In related news, the world's work production increased 100% over the past day due to the crash of a knitting help site......." :teehee:

Stiney
01-15-2007, 01:29 PM
I first cheked today at 7am - which i believe is midnight ish for most of you - and I thought "thats OK - don't panic, 3 hours of work before I can knit anyway". I got back to my puta at 12.30 and I thought "Its still night over there - still no reason to panic".

When 2pm came, 7am over there (at least in my head) I was in full swing panic - too much coffee and no KH and AAAAGH!!!

But its back now.

And the knitting community simultaneously sighs a sigh of relief. :teehee:

It was down since like 10 last night to about 11 am this morning. :waah:

THANK YOU FOR FIXING THE BOARDS, AMY! :muah:

niffer
01-15-2007, 01:37 PM
I really apologise for the multiple posts in this thread that are all the same.

I think its my browser or my mousepad - for some reason when I click submit it flashes at me for a while then puts 3 or 4 posts in.

This is gonna be my last post till it cools down a bit! :shock: :blush: :crying:

snowbear
01-15-2007, 01:38 PM
If Amy ever wondered if her site was popular... that ended tha quetion.. not popular... essential to life!

madametj
01-15-2007, 01:41 PM
this is so wrong: an hour ago i clicked "post reply" so i could say how glad i was things were working again, and just as i do "page cannot be displayed" comes up, then i hit the "back" button and the wretched "critical error" thing comes up, and i have to wait forever for it to work AGAIN. same thing happened 10 min ago. this is my 3rd try to say "THANK GOD ITS WORKING!!!!"

:hot:

Jan in CA
01-15-2007, 01:57 PM
"In related news, the world's work production increased 100% over the past day due to the crash of a knitting help site......." :teehee:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I'm glad it's back, but I'm still having to hit "reload" on my browser frequently because the pages come up blank. :doh:

Ronda
01-15-2007, 01:57 PM

:roflhard:

gingergal4l8r
01-15-2007, 02:02 PM
What is KH?

madametj
01-15-2007, 02:03 PM
What is KH?

KH= Knitting Help--the site we're on

gingergal4l8r
01-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks

who said you can't teach old dogs new tricks!

madametj
01-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks

who said you can't teach old dogs new tricks!

:teehee:

amy
01-15-2007, 02:14 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

OMG, I love this thread. Next time I need an ego boost, I'll just kill the forum for a few hours. Kidding!!!

Thanks for the emails and phone calls! I didn't get the messages until this morning, we were away all day yesterday!

Sheldon has been working on this all morning. Something went hay-wire (it's related to the blog threads that have been acting quirky), and Sheldon's been cleaning up the mess all morning. He says he JUST now finally was able to cancel all of the unnecessary over-thinking that the server was doing, so things shouldn't be so slow and quirky now. :pray: I think he's still working on it, and installing some updates, so we might see minor hickups on the server, but we'll be watching things more closely today!

SandraEllen
01-15-2007, 02:23 PM
This is the first place I come in the morning and I was so sad when it didn't work. I had to do work.

not anymore!!! :cheering:

HamburgKnitter
01-15-2007, 02:54 PM
:cheering: Yay, we're back! :cheering: I got WAY too much work done at the office today! :!!!:

Knitting_Guy
01-15-2007, 04:08 PM
I was very disappointed when I finally pulled into the truckstop last night and saw that the KH forum was down. Ah well, it did allow me to get to sleep a little sooner. :rofl:

Krystal
01-15-2007, 04:17 PM
phew**

We surivived the great KH scare of 2007!!

that was close!!

I was actually procrastinating finishing my moms scarf surfing the boards when it happend. So I ended up knitting.... :teehee:

I've missed you guys!! :heart: :heart: [/u]

MiaZilla
01-15-2007, 04:23 PM
YAY WE'RE BACK :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

DragonsChest
01-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Yeppers, I'm hooked too. I kept coming back, trying my link, getting nothing, crying, and then repeating rows 2-5 on circular needles.

Thank you for coming back, KH!!!! Amy, tell that wonderful hubby of yours to please watch the server KH is hosted on extra close -- I don't think he understands how many of us were in withdrawal, cowering in corners whimpering, until he fixed it all up again. Should we all send him cookies to help keep it going? :muah:

Cristy
01-15-2007, 05:19 PM
I was on last night went it went down--I had gone to snugglepie.com to create a ticker for my dd's birthday and she was sitting with me. I promised her to put it in my signature so she could see it and suddenly the site went down and I couldn't show her...she had a fit! (Never make promises to a 4 yr. old...life's just easier that way!). The first thing I did this morning was try again and it was down. I've tried on and off all day...I'm so glad things are back!!!

figaro
01-15-2007, 05:48 PM
I went through KH withdrawls this morning. I am so glad its back! :hug:

auburnchick
01-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks for getting things back up and running. DH joked that his sabotage didn't last long enough. Not funny, I said. :grrr:

I actually sat and watched TV with him, although I was in the middle of trying to figure out why my sock is getting knit inside out (question is on how-to board).

:muah:

mwedzi
01-15-2007, 06:57 PM
I was devasted .... Here in the UK it's nearly home time so I had to spend the WHOLE day at work ... working! :wall: :shrug: :pout:

:shock: that is AWFUL! you poor thing. :hug:

BinkyKat
01-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Amy said
Something went hay-wire
My last name is Hay... who took my wire? :!!!:

Anyhoo... I was not aware of this horrible brown out, thank goodness or who knows what could have happened. Glad it all got taken care of with not a smidgen on concern on my part..what I don't know doesn't affect my knitting!
Way to go Sheldon and Amy on continual primo care of a wonderful place you have here! :cheering:

aineepooh1
01-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Yep
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
:hug: :hug: :hug:
To Sheldon and Amy

WE love KH~

Lieke
01-16-2007, 02:57 AM
I had to do a whole day without KH, because when I get up in the morning, it's night in the US, and (seeing niffer's post) it didn't come back till 7 pm. I usually don't check my pc after 5 pm, so a whole day without KH. I wonder how I survived this.