PDA

View Full Version : New Blog and Pic's of latest things :)

Emeraldcutie
01-15-2007, 06:24 PM
I have been a little quiet around here for awhile, after all the holidays and for awhile my hubby and I were sharing a pc, needless to say he is a WOW a holic so I didn't get much pc time.
So now Iam back making up for lost time.
I launched my new blog here
http://emeraldcutie.blogspot.com
I'll also add it to my profile.
It's going to be mostly knitting, pictures, wip in progress journal, and fav links on the net for knitting.
Please stop by and say hi if you have a chance.
In the meantime, I have been making up for lost time by knitting..lol
Here's some of my current things.

1-Eris Cardigan from Girl of Auntie, done with knitpicks Telemark in Grey Wolf. Cables in 3.25mm and body in 4.25mm
2. Socks for Allie, done with the toe up sockulator listed on my blog, the toes and heels are done with Bernat hot sox and the body is Lion Brand Magic stripes left over from mine :)
3.WIP toe up plain jane sock from Lana Grossa in alot of pink (Iam normally a blue/green girl but this ball just threw itself at me when I was shopping at Mary Maxims.
4.Bulk Ear Flap Hat. Iam still trying to get back to where the pattern came from, I swear it was from the Knitty Gritty site, but I don't see it. I know the original was knitted with Lambs Pride Worsted. I did mine with 2 strands Bernat Demin Style in Blue and the PomPom and ties/trim with Lion Brand Woolease in Aran. I have two more of these requested for my nieces only with purple Demin Style. (If someone sees the pattern please let me know..lol

Anyhow sorry about the long post, talk to everyone soon

Have a great Day

Laura

nadja la claire
01-15-2007, 06:42 PM
It's all BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: I LUUUUUUUUUUVVVVVVVVVV the sweater :heart: :inlove: :heart: :inlove: :heart: :inlove: and your PUUUUUURRRRRRRRDDDDDDDY kittycat :heart: :heart: :heart:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Emeraldcutie
01-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Nadja, Thanks for the compliments.

I found the ski hat link I was talking about for Allies Hat in the first pic.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_dkng/episode/0,2046,DIY_18180_43400,00.html

I used double strand of Bernat Demin and needle size reccomended.

Quick one night knit :)

sara_jayne
01-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Eris is just stunning, Laura!!! What a pretty color!

The hats and socks all look wonderful!

Cristy
01-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Eris is awesome!!!!

Kaydee
01-16-2007, 10:55 AM
What a beautiful neckline you have on that sweater! Great job on everything :cheering:

dustinac
01-16-2007, 10:57 AM
:cheering: Great job!!!

aineepooh1
01-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Absolutely :heart: :heart: !! the V neck sweater~~!!!

Emeraldcutie
01-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks for all the kind replys.

The neckline was a rather creative move by the designer, as it is a k2,sl1,kr edge, which caused it to roll inward on itself and give a nice finished appearance.

I was really concerned about the difficulty of the pattern, but after starting it was actually pretty straight forward.

Reminds me of the Fibre Trends clogs, they look all complicated, but make sense after you knit it..lol

nadja la claire
01-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Thank you so much for posting the ski cap link. I've been wanting to make one of those. Just one more thing to add to my to knit list.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx