PDA

View Full Version : Wicked sweater

Pages : 1 2 [3]

knitmonster
05-28-2007, 12:56 PM
I love this sweater! I'm going to have to add it to my list of projects. Nice find. :thumbsup:

sittenknitten
05-29-2007, 10:42 PM
I've been following this thread for awhile, skimming here and there. After a frenzy of sock knitting this spring, I finally ordered the pattern. Then last Saturday I was in a yarn shop 5 hours from home and came across some 1824 Cotton that's the same gauge (at least on the ball band) as the pattern. It was just the excuse I needed to pick up 7 skeins, I've been wanting to try knitting with the 1824 cotton for awhile now!

I'm finishing up the edges and blocking on my Tivoli tonight and will start swatching tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be referring to thread notes from time to time, but if I can't find anything I'll be hitting you guys up for help if I get stuck. :hug:

lamaris
08-29-2007, 08:32 AM
I'm new to knitting and this is my second project.
I just can't understand the crossover-stitch!
I read the description of it in the pattern, but when I do it, i'm not sure if i'm doing it correctly!
If I stick my needle in the stitch below the top one on the left needle, I can't bring the yarn over and pull the stitch without also pulling the top stitch over to the right needle, too!
But according to the description the first stitch also needs to be knitted.
I hope someone can explain, I know it's hard to do without showing, but I hope someone is willing to try!

ChristinaKnits
08-30-2007, 03:14 PM
hi lamaris...I'm caasting on for this tonight so maybe we can help eachother figure it out?

rainberry
09-03-2007, 12:29 AM
I was thinking of making this sometime. It would be my first human-sized sweater. I've made beanie baby sweaters and I'm currently working on an American Girl doll sweater. I will probably use KP Swish Superwash since it is a lot less expensive than the artyarns supermerino and it is machine washable. :)

ChristinaKnits
09-03-2007, 01:26 AM
That is what I'm using! It's working out great and very soft, except that I had to go up to a size 9 to make gauge. Join me :)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-18-2007, 06:59 PM
:poke: how is it going?

ChristinaKnits
09-20-2007, 12:10 AM
:poke: how is it going?

kinda slow going right now..I have 2 more rounds of increases before the arm hole separations. All this st st is kinda boring for me..ha! I wanna finish though!!

ChristinaKnits
09-24-2007, 02:55 AM
got a pic now :)
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1122/1430917858_fbfea95109_o.jpg

LauraD
09-27-2007, 11:27 AM
This will be my first sweater and I am SO glad I read thru this thread first!

ChristinaKnits
09-27-2007, 02:28 PM
hi! Can't wait to see pics! This is my first sweater too!

rainberry
10-07-2007, 01:01 PM
I ordered yarn and needles for the Wicked Sweater from KnitPicks yesterday!

ChristinaKnits
10-07-2007, 07:15 PM
awesome...Looking forward to some company ;)

rainberry
10-13-2007, 11:15 PM
I finished the collar today and I divided the stitches just a little while ago. It is going pretty well. I really like the KnitPicks options needles. They are so sharp! The Swish Superwash is pretty soft too.

myosotis
11-22-2007, 07:34 AM
I want to knit with this nice group this wicked-sweater. It is a present for my daughter Sarah for Christmas (2007:woot:)

Today, I want to search for the wool and I"ll write again....
greetings, myosotis

knitqueen
12-05-2007, 12:35 AM
I just started Wicked yesterday, so myosotis, at least there's one other working on it right now.

2FrenchBritmom
12-06-2007, 10:06 AM
I keep looking at all of everyone's progress on this sweater. It's really cute! I may decide to knit one myself, but have so many other projects I want to do! :think: I really love that varigated yarn used in the picture from Zephyr. Everyone's work looks wonderful! :yay:

knitqueen
12-09-2007, 11:58 AM
I think I'm going to be ripping and starting over :pout:. The lamest part is that I'm probably 4" or so away from finishing the body. I started off with the third size and did it at a slightly tighter gauge (19.5-20sts/4") and I thought that would make it small enough. The second size seemed too small overall. I've tried it on several times and it's 'okay' but I really feel like it's still going to be too big. Especially cause it will probably stretch when worn. I'd rather have to block something out to be a bit bigger than try to shrink something that probably won't shrink.

Off I go to the frog pond. :frog: The one redeeming factor is that I already made the pocket and that's the same for all of the smaller sizes so I don't have to rip that.

kappatit
01-05-2008, 12:56 AM
im going to screammmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! so hi everyone, this is my first sweater...and it is NOT coming out right. i was hoping i could get some feedback and help...advice, reccomendations...suggestions..anything.

so...i measure out at a 38" under my pits, 42 on my tits, and 35.5 under the bits. i am 5'5, wear a size 10-12. small frame, small/narrow shoulders and chunkyness central. i have big arms measuring at around 14.75 inches.

i casted on for the medium size which is 35"-39". using 7's and rowan all seasons cotton. i jsut followed the directions (i separated for arms exactly where u are supposed to for a medium) except now that im barely over my boobs, it fits really weird.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67921829@N00/2167290983

-the neck rides up too high (its perfect when i pull it down past my boobs)
-the entire front and back is too wide. i pulled in the excess fabric across my back and it is 22 sts. which is close to 5 inches by my gauge (5 sts per inch on a #7). if i take 22 sts off the 86 sts that makes up my back (64) its smaller than the XS size which has 68 sts. i cant really sacrifice any sts up front though. -the arms are too tight, which i will change my decreasing first and decreasing slower (8 rows apart instead of the 6)
-i get a HORRIBLE little pucker near the boob/armpit area.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67921829@N00/2167290989

* so here is what i thought. i could cast on the medium size for 128 and split them differently...the arms would get the large sts (22 each)and the front and back would get the small sts. (42 each) and do this as normal?

*should i just frog back to shoulder separation and start some back decreases immediately? (2 per row on the back side of the markers) or should i do 4 decreases front and back and when i get to boobage area, do bust darts (i dont know how to do this at all esp top down)

oh do help kind people. i was so inspired by how great all these wicked's looked and mine looks like crap on me =( im willing to make this work out...