PDA

View Full Version : Still confused

Mrs. D.
01-16-2007, 06:14 PM
I am starting to knit on circulars. I have the Needlemaster kit. I have asked this question before and searched the forums but still don't quite understand. Let's say I have a pattern the says I need 16in circulars 10 1/2 needles. I know I use the 10.5 needles and this might sound like a silly question, but with that will I use the 12in cable or the actual 16in cable. I only ask this because I know that previously I have been told that I take into account the length of the needles also when determining what circular to use. So if that is the case, for this pattern, I would want to use the shorter cable. Help I am so confused I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around (':wall:') not using the actual cable measurement when the pattern states use circulars. Thanks in advance for your help.

brendajos
01-16-2007, 06:18 PM
the length is tip to tip no matter the pattern...alllllways tip to tip. Unfortunately, you can't make a 16 inch circ on the needlemaster kit. they don't have a cord that is short enough for it. you can get an extra set of points and use two of the longer cables to do circular on two circs...and i have heard you can do magic loop (but i think the cord is too stiff for that) but no 16 inch circs in that kit...sorry.