PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with the Lion Brand 4 hr. Bias Baby Blanket

GigiGirl
01-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Help! I am half way through the blanket and ready to start decreasing, but I am not certain how to do what the pattern says. Here it is - Row 7: K1, yo, sk2p, k to last 4 sts, k3tog, yo, k1. It is the "yo, sk2p" that I am not sure of.

The stitch explanation says that the sk2p means - to slip 1 as if to knit, knit 2 together, pass slipped stitch over - 2 sts decreased. Do I knit the slipped stitch to the next, leave the slipped stitch alone and knit the next two together? When I pass the slipped stitch over, where does it go? Does it stay on the needle or what? Help! I am completely confused even writing this. And of course, my new nephew is due to arrive in just a few days! :shrug:

Jan in CA
01-18-2007, 07:08 PM
The stitch explanation says that the sk2p means - to slip 1 as if to knit, knit 2 together, pass slipped stitch over - 2 sts decreased. Do I knit the slipped stitch to the next, leave the slipped stitch alone and knit the next two together? When I pass the slipped stitch over, where does it go? Does it stay on the needle or what?

Just do what the pattern says. Don't knit the slipped stitch and when you pass the slipped stitch over the k2tog it disappears and you won't see it. That is a double decrease as it says. The YO adds a stitch so you'll have a total of one stitch decreased.

lissalue
01-18-2007, 07:10 PM
what it means is slip one stitch, then knit the next two together, then pass the slipped stitch over the knit and off the needle

hope this is right and that it helps :hug:

GigiGirl
01-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Thank you! Since it is for my little nephew to be, I didn't want it to be wrong. This gives me the confidence to KNIT ON!

Thanks, Guys! This site is the best!

Gigi