PDA

View Full Version : I'm in a Knitting Funk!!!

zkimom
01-19-2007, 12:33 PM
:waah:

Nothing, and I mean nothing is working out for me :wall:

I even bought 2 skeins of Manos in a GORGEOUS color (and I paid RETAIL!!!!) to see if it would help but I tried the "My So Called Scarf" pattern and my tension is all over the place.

I am working on a baby sweater and the sleeves are taking forever.

I finished a sock for my son and the ankle bind off (toe-up pattern) is too tight and now I can't remember how many stitches I cast on for it to make a mate :!!!:

Then there's the sweater I started for my dd from Knitting for Peace. It has a rectangle for the middle of the body and then you pick up and knit stitches up the side of the rectangle and knit out for the sleeves. It has a cable pattern in the middle of the sleeve and I finished one side and when I started the cable on the second side I miscounted so they don't match :pout:

:doh:

I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time frogging and starting again but I can't figure out what I want to make!

Not only that but I decided to take the plunge and try some Malabrigo but no one in my area carries it (or has heard of it!!!) I'm talking Yarn stores here, not Michael's.

Oh dear, I think I need a break.

Does anyone think a trip to a yarn store will help??

Just needed to rant!

Thanks!
Susan

janelanespaintbrush
01-19-2007, 12:38 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: A trip to the LYS doesn't sound like a bad idea. I think doing a fast, easy project like a hat might help you regain your knitting mojo too.

HamaLee
01-19-2007, 12:43 PM
An LYS trip always helps!
And don't feel bad about My So Called---I started it twice some Malabrigo and it looked nice but you know, I just wasn't feeling it. The purl side fought with me the whole way, I didn't like my needles, etc....so I frogged it and I'm doing a super easy, cushy Srunchable instead. My mojo wasn't feeling My So Called right now so I listened to it...maybe someday my mojo will change its mind, if not--plenty of other things to knit, right?

So maybe your mojo is in similar disagreement with My So Called. Pet some yarn at your LYS and a hat...or a scrunchable...or just pet your Manos til it speaks to you. :thumbsup:

aineepooh1
01-19-2007, 03:19 PM
I agree set down the old and go fondle some yarn.... and remember your love for the craft.. You may be like many of us who have too many projects going on at once and are still feel a little overwhelmed... :oops:
GO FONDLE SOME YARN~!!

cozy
01-19-2007, 04:50 PM
When I get in funks like this, I actually have to step away from the yarn. I read or do other things; the most knitting-related activity I can do is scan through my knit magazines. Other than that, I enjoy my little break.

CarmenIbanez
01-19-2007, 05:33 PM
The first step you have already accomplished, which is to post here. Then read some other posts. I like to peruse the FOs and WIPs to give me inspiration. Then I like to go over to the You Knit What? (http://youknitwhat.blogspot.com/) website and get some perspective and giggles.

Then do as some of the other gals here suggested. Something small and fast. Take your mind off your other stuff, and just relax. If it's stressing you out, it isn't right!

Then come back and repeat. We're here to listen!

nadja la claire
01-19-2007, 06:30 PM
You need to go to your LYS and hold and snuggle some MMMMMMMMMMMalabrigo. :hug: :grphug: :hug: :grphug: :hug:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

zkimom
01-19-2007, 07:30 PM
:hug: :muah: :hug: :muah:

Thank you everyone!

I know I will get through this :teehee:

And great news! I found out that my LYS -- the one I go to the most often --
carries Malabrigo! I can't wait til I can get over there and give it a squeeze!

Best to all,
Susan