PDA

View Full Version : KnitPick needles

mamadeb
01-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to knitting (2+ years) and new to this site. Over the past 2 years that I've been knitting, I've mostly been using bamboo needles and liking them for their stickiness (is that a word??). Now that I'm a bit more cabable, I've really enjoyed the Addi's I just got not to long ago....so I was wondering if anyone had any info on the KnitPick's Options needles.

They seem really similar to Addi's but I've heard bad things about needles that have screw in cables. Can anyone give me some advice??

brownishcoat
01-19-2007, 02:48 PM
There is a lot of information toward the end of the "Interchangeables" thread (it was started before Options came out) and you can use the search function to find even more information.

I have the set and I love mine! :happydance:

Jan in CA
01-19-2007, 03:10 PM
You can also do a search with the link at the top of the page. Search for any of these terms.

Options
Knitpicks Options

aineepooh1
01-19-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't have the Options but I have the Denises' and I like them very much... I have been told that the Options are much slicker than the Denises' but they work just fine for me!! :heart: :heart:

Krystal
01-19-2007, 04:24 PM
I'll make it easier for you, as there is a lot of pages to go through to find the options raving. (believe me, I read every page) But I have only been knitting since September 06, and switched from plastic to Options in December. I LOVE them.

The screw in cable join is wonderful, it doesn't slip out and does not get caught on the yarn. The cables take a bit to uncurl after being factory sealed, but after one or 2 projects they are so light and flexible it's wonderful.

I've never used Addis, but I HIGHLY recommend the options.

losnana
01-19-2007, 05:28 PM
They are WONDERFUL at least!! If i could think of a better word i'd use it. The cables are extremely flexible, and the joint between the needle and the cable is practically non-existent. There is so little change in size in the cable and the needle that I've not had any yarn even slow down there. I really can't say enough good things about Options. I also bought one of their regular circs to do ML on. It is just as wondeful.

Chrissie
01-19-2007, 05:32 PM
I bought a set of KP options because I fell in love with my one Addi Turbo 12 in circ. needle that I bought to make a baby hat. Instead of going crazy and buying tons more Addis, I decided on the KP options set. I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: them so much. Nice and slippery, good pointy tip. I bought the 13 and 15 tips as well as the 40 in cables as well. Go for it!!

Chrissie
01-19-2007, 05:32 PM
sorry...double post

CarmenIbanez
01-19-2007, 06:23 PM
I :heart: mine

nadja la claire
01-19-2007, 06:52 PM
I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: my Options. I'm using my old bamboo circs to knit a throw and after using the Options it like slugging hip deep in mud. I'm hating it. I've just got to order a few more #8 tips and while I'm there I'll get some more cables :teehee:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

mamadeb
01-19-2007, 07:31 PM
I bought a set of KP options because I fell in love with my one Addi Turbo 12 in circ. needle that I bought to make a baby hat. Instead of going crazy and buying tons more Addis, I decided on the KP options set. I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: them so much. Nice and slippery, good pointy tip. I bought the 13 and 15 tips as well as the 40 in cables as well. Go for it!!

Thanks to everyone for responding. I've searched the other threads and found similar info. I'm new to forums so forgot I could do this, but it seems that there is no problem about raving about your Options needles.

The same as Chrissie above, I fell in love with my one Addi Turbo that I bought to do a baby sweater (my baby born this past October). The yarn was sticking on the bamboos I had and I just decided that in my pregnant state I did not want to deal with more fustration and got the Addi. Now I want Addis for all my projects but can't justify the expenditure - then I found the Options.

Wonderful to hear that the junction of the needle and cable is smooth. I was worried about it. I think I'll have to talk my DH in to getting them. Perhaps he'll buy them for me for Valenties! LOL.

Thanks again everyone.