PDA

View Full Version : The "Year of the Stash"...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

beckyrhae
06-13-2007, 01:28 AM
woot! I almost jumped on that bandwagon myself Misha... but man ole man do I have enough needles in the knittin already!

Mulderknitter
06-13-2007, 07:26 PM
I finally finished the afghan! Been working on it since oct when I heard my friend was engaged, and I finished it with only one week to go!:thumbsup:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture-1.jpg
it took almost 10 skeins of wool-ease, so I ordered 10 reward skeins from discountnamebrandyarn.com. After 8 months on the thing, I deserve the reward yarn!

misha rf
06-17-2007, 08:51 PM
I got them washed & blocked...and got so carried away with packing them up that I forgot to take pictures! :oops:

I'm working on afghan squares now for a new project (it's a group making afghans for the kids at Victory Junction Gang Camp). I bought the yarn just for these squares, and the LYS owner kindly gave me 10% off the purchase since the yarn was intended for charity. :happydancing:

ArtLady1981
06-18-2007, 03:20 AM
I finally finished the afghan! Been working on it since oct when I heard my friend was engaged, and I finished it with only one week to go!:thumbsup:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture-1.jpg
it took almost 10 skeins of wool-ease, so I ordered 10 reward skeins from discountnamebrandyarn.com. After 8 months on the thing, I deserve the reward yarn!

Hey there Mulder!!!

:cheering::cheering::cheering: TOO WAY COOL! A basketweave blanket can be sooo challenging to get done! It just goes on and on forever! And TEN SKEINS worth!!??? Well, it was love that kept you motivated! You are a good friend!!! :muah: Thanks for posting the photo!

ArtLady1981
06-18-2007, 03:38 AM
:waving: Hi y'all!

Back from the wilderness...and back to LIFE!

Here are photos of 21 of my Crazy Quilt squares on the blocking board. Even though acrylic yarn does not enjoy the reputation for being "block-able"...it really does improve the appearance!

I have 15 additional squares that will get the 'treatment' tomorrow! They certainly need it!

I have another Crazy Quilt in mind...for another granddaughter. It will use up my purples/teals/pinks/fuschias/creams STASH YARN. All leftovers from this or that project.

Doodknitwit
06-18-2007, 06:55 AM
a beauty in process

auburnchick
06-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Welcome home, ArtLady!! Wow! Your squares are beautiful!!!!!

Mulder, I didn't realize you used Wool-Ease for that afghan. It looks great!

Maybe I should unravel my hideous purse-for-an-Amazon-woman. It was made of the same color wool-ease...hmmm...

ArtLady1981
06-19-2007, 01:49 AM
Welcome home, ArtLady!! Wow! Your squares are beautiful!!!!!

Mulder, I didn't realize you used Wool-Ease for that afghan. It looks great!

Maybe I should unravel my hideous purse-for-an-Amazon-woman. It was made of the same color wool-ease...hmmm...

Hi Auburnchick! Hmmm, is that the beautiful cabled purse you posted photos of some time ago? I remember someone posting a photo of themselves with a beautiful cabled shoulder-style purse...but the shoulder straps turned out very long...well, too long for her...and we discussed various ways to remedy the purse!

Was that you??

Well, if it was you...and you still hate the bag...I say, go ahead and unravel your purse and re-use that beautiful yarn! No sense in going to waste. I did the same this year with a NORO tank I made. I unraveled it...and made a vest. Now I hate the vest...it is too long for me...so I am going to unravel it from the shoulders to almost the armpits...and re-knit a shorted version. Gads. Ya just can't win with some yarn! It was Stash Leftover Yarn, too. The original cardigan made with this yarn is WONDERFUL. The tank, the vest....ugh. I just can't seem to get it right. But, the yarn is too valuable to waste on something I hate. :frog: I feels yer pain! :frog:

ArtLady1981
06-19-2007, 02:31 AM
Well, I am getting real integrated with my Photo Posts! I kept tinkering around with that Photobucket thing...and finally got the hang of HOW TO insert a larger, more detailed photo...right into the body of my Posts...rather than the smaller, more limited photos we can add using the KH software.

So, here goes my attempt to insert a photo of my "wilderness knit-in", taken last week! Besides myself...the attendees were chipmunks, red tree squirrels, hummingbirds, mountain robins, a Western Tanager, and mountain chickadees, and Junkos. Yes, that is a cliff drop-off not too far away. Our main camp sits on the TOP of this summit. Nice, but very windy...and totally off-the-grid...and only accessible via snow machine or snowshoes in winter!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1430.jpg

madametj
06-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi Auburnchick! Hmmm, is that the beautiful cabled purse you posted photos of some time ago? I remember someone posting a photo of themselves with a beautiful cabled shoulder-style purse...but the shoulder straps turned out very long...well, too long for her...and we discussed various ways to remedy the purse!

yes, it was auburnchick and the sweater bag, i remember!

ArtLady1981
06-19-2007, 02:01 PM
yes, it was auburnchick and the sweater bag, i remember!

Thank you Madametj! I thought so! Auburnchick was so cute holding that big bag over her shoulder! I always wondered what she did to remedy those shoulder straps! Maybe nothing YET! A person can get discouraged when a project turns out too big or too small. You just can't seem to get your steam going again. :shrug: Been there, done that, too!

auburnchick
06-19-2007, 06:37 PM
:teehee:

Yes, that was me...being weighted down by that humongous bag. The picture looked so cute on the model in the pattern too. False advertising, I say. :teehee:

I never did anything about the straps. I just could not face the bag again after that fiasco. It's been hanging in my closet ever since I finished it.

I could just leave it as is and use it to warm my legs (like a sleeping bag) during soccer games this winter -- that's how big the thing is.

:roflhard:

But, it really needs to be something else, I think. A future project though...I just can't face that yarn still...

Hey, ArtLady, the picture is absolutely gorgeous. ::::::::::::sigh:::::::::

dustinac
06-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Artlady~ Love the pictures!! That is such a beautiful place!!

knitwit628~ The only problem I've had with the socks is trying to read to much into the chart.. if you just do the chart and not think they are pretty easy... I tend to just jump in though...always have if I see something I wanna knit I just do it :rofling: and then come here for help when I need it... :thumbsup:

I'm home from a wonderful visit with my family.. will be going back for the 4th and gone for 2wks.. then once again in Aug... after that won't be back home till Christmas.. and then the long period of waiting for school to be out again...

I finished mom's socks for her that I started over Christmas and left for her to finish lol... I have one potawhat sock done... and the rest of my knitting time is spent on the civil war shawl.. I decided for some reason to do 2 at the same time.. will give one to my grandmother for Christmas lol prolly be next Christmas... I'll get photos soon... :thumbsup:

dustinac
06-20-2007, 10:26 AM
hrrmm I was going to just edit my last post to add the pictures but couldn't see how under edit :teehee:

Here is chickami.. not a very good photo but dh isn't here and I have an old hal tree with a mirror... but this an antique so the mirror isn't very clear anymore :rofling:

Chickami~ I used breeze from Crystal Palace that I think is now discontinued.. has been in my stash forever and I still have some of this color left over...

Mom's socks~ I used Plymouth's Sockotta yarn from her stash last December lol...

The civil war shawl I'll post under the shawl along :thumbsup:

ArtLady1981
06-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi Dustinac! Great photos! That really worked well, the mirror in the hall tree! :thumbsup:

To edit...just click EDIT that is located below your post...then click GO ADVANCED...it will take you to the full monty.

The plain edit mode seems to be jumpy...and you are lucky if you can change a misspelled word! GO ADVANCED is the real deal. I've tried it a few times.

After clicking GO ADVANCED...you can scroll down and click on MANAGE ATTACHMENTS.

knitwit628
06-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Artlady- Your afghan will look so pretty once it's finished! Obviously a great stashbuster! :thumbsup:

And nice socks Dustinac!

Right now I am working on a hat with scraps of Lamb's Pride bulky from my stash for the Dulaan Project! It is knit with dark and light purple in ribbing and might have to add a little pink at the top since I am running out of yarn. I'm not sure how it will look with a random color difference like that but it's probably all I can do at the moment. I have been sooooo busy this past week and had hardly any time to knit so it's taking me longer than I would have thought. Oh well. I am so close to finishing and will have it finished by tomorrow to send in the mail for the charity to receive before the deadline. :happydancing:

auburnchick
06-24-2007, 12:43 AM
I posted this in Whatcha Knitting, but I thought I would post it here too...

This is my latest FO - Fan Lace socks.

I've been working on them for about three months. My college classes have kept me busy, so I only got to work on them on the weekends. Plus, I had completed one sock and realized it was too big, so I had to frog it and start over. :wall:

Anyhow, here they are! It's the pattern from SKS. They were my first toe-up socks. I made them out of Regia, and the color is Surf. They were done on size 2 dpns. Oh, and I did two different bind off's. I kind of experimented. One was the picot bind off from the second SKS book, but it was really hard, and I messed up on it. I did a ribbed bo for the second sock, but it's kind of tight. Lesson learned...

The first picture is a comparison of the first sock that I later frogged (on the right) and the second one (left) after I went down in needle size.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC02183.jpg

Here is the completed pair, in the correct gauge.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC02298.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC02296.jpg

And a close-up of the pattern:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC02300.jpg

BostonBecca
06-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Wow, those are beautiful!

misha rf
06-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Nice socks, y'all!! And pretty blankets (and blankets-to-be)!

Still knitting squares (and rectangles). Nothin' major. Brainless knitting, which is perfect for my stressed out mind. :ick:

ArtLady1981
06-24-2007, 11:13 PM
I posted this in Whatcha Knitting, but I thought I would post it here too...

This is my latest FO - Fan Lace socks.

I've been working on them for about three months. My college classes have kept me busy, so I only got to work on them on the weekends. Plus, I had completed one sock and realized it was too big, so I had to frog it and start over. :wall:

Anyhow, here they are! It's the pattern from SKS. They were my first toe-up socks. I made them out of Regia, and the color is Surf. They were done on size 2 dpns. Oh, and I did two different bind off's. I kind of experimented. One was the picot bind off from the second SKS book, but it was really hard, and I messed up on it. I did a ribbed bo for the second sock, but it's kind of tight. Lesson learned...

The first picture is a comparison of the first sock that I later frogged (on the right) and the second one (left) after I went down in needle size.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC02183.jpg

Here is the completed pair, in the correct gauge.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC02298.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC02296.jpg

And a close-up of the pattern:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC02300.jpg

Nathalie, you SUPER-WOMAN YOU! Those are the nicest socks! I am so yellous!!! (yes, that is yellow and jealous combined)
Here I been knittin since forever, and the only socks in my drawer are plain-ole-plain-oles from the sock bin at Nordstrom Rack! Now, how boring is that!? I really love the graduated colors of beiges and creams of your socks. It added a tiny bit of mystery behind the intricacy of your stitches! Grrr. I am so so so gonna take a Magic Loop sock class at my LYS. I am so cheap though. Classes are so darn pricey...like yer payin $30 per hour sometimes. I know, I know...our LYS's have to make money to stay in business. I'm not sayin they are wrong to charge $50-$60 for a sock class...I just keep thinkin to myself that I could teach myself from a book and KH videos...but then I never get to it...no motivation. Then I think how much yarn $50 would buy. It never ends....:shrug:

Well, you have INSPIRED ME to do something to treat myself to a class! I obviously need the motivation of a group "how-to"!

laurabee86
06-25-2007, 01:04 AM
I guess I should join, I went to knit my friend a scarf with some new yarn I never used before and it come out horribly! I need motivation to tear it out and re do it!

ArtLady1981
06-25-2007, 03:34 AM
Well, I finally finished OPAL!!! It was not a Stash Yarn project. It was a New Yarn Reward Project...therefore, I will post two photos here in our YEAR OF THE STASH thread!

First photo: closeup of the neckline
Second photo: front view also showing cuffs

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1939.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1942.jpg

ArtLady1981
06-25-2007, 04:03 AM
I guess I should join, I went to knit my friend a scarf with some new yarn I never used before and it come out horribly! I need motivation to tear it out and re do it!

Hi Laurabee! I feel yer pain! :frog: Been there, done that! :frog:

Wanna good tip??? Don't rip it all out! Just undo the cast off edge and begin re-knitting the yarn into something else, or, re-do the scarf using a different pattern!

Why go to all the work of a major frog event, complete with tangles and winding yards and yards of yarn? Just pull out the rows as you knit along!!!!

What kind of yarn did you use, and what pattern did you use??

Do you know how to post photos here at KH? If so, post a closeup of your scarf.

If not, I can help walk you through the post-a-photo thing.
You will need a digital camera and some kind of photo management software to re-size the photo to conform to KH specs.

I have started dropping my photos into a PHOTOBUCKET.COM thing...and I just paste them into my KH posts directly using that little yellow postage stamp up there that looks like it has a picture of a mountain on it. Right below the "UNDO" arrow. See it?

auburnchick
06-25-2007, 08:49 AM
ArtLady,

Your sweater is... :passedout:

Wow! People pay BIG bucks for such detailed work!!!!!

:passedout::passedout::passedout:

auburnchick
06-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Here's a quick FO...using STASH yarn!!! The yarn is Tahki Cotton Classic, color #3548. I bought this yarn last fall at the most adorable LYS in S. Carolina...a soccer weekend thing with just my daughter.

I did this as part of the Continental KAL. I really want to switch because I've heard it's a more efficient style (and I'm all about efficiency). I've also heard that Continental knitting is ideal when doing multi-colored projects.

It's not beautiful (my blocking still leaves much to be desired), but I don't think the stitches turned out too badly, given the fact that this is the first project I've done totally Continental-style.

It's the Angel of Welcome (http://knitalittle.tripod.com/id1.html) dishcloth.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC02306-1.jpg

ArtLady1981
06-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi'ya Nathalie!

That is VERY VERY NICE! Love the color, and love the pattern! Too way cool!! :happydance:

Who cares about "blocking perfection" for a dishcloth? It should be wet most of the times! :teehee: It will block itself on its own terms!

Thanks for the photo! :hug:

auburnchick
06-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Oh, I know! You really don't have to block dishcloths, but I wanted to so I could get a decent photo.

Thanks for the kind words! :muah:

misha rf
06-26-2007, 09:55 PM
ArtLady....:passedout::thud:That is just stunning.

Nathalie, that dishcloth is so sweet! And I'm impressed that you did it Continental. Conti still scares me.

dustinac
06-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Artlady~ :passedout: that is beautiful!!!

Nathalie~ The socks and dishrag are so pretty!!

You both did a wonderful job :thumbsup:

I'm still trying to get the potawhatever socks done lol... :teehee:

kellyh57
06-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Hey, here's a stashbusting idea! There's a Pinwheel Sweater KAL starting up. It uses a ton of yarn in different colors so you can bust out all those oddball skeins that you don't have enough of to make something! I'm going to check out my stash today and pick out my yarns (to start with anyway). Hopefully I can get rid of some skeins and buy more to finish if I need to!

Kelly

suziehomemaker
06-28-2007, 12:41 PM
I just hit 300 days of not purchasing yarn.

I think I'm getting the shakes . . . .

:zombie:

madametj
06-28-2007, 02:12 PM

oh, i've totally got you beat. i haven't bought yarn in TWO WEEKS!!:happydancing::mrgreen::roflhard:

suziehomemaker
06-28-2007, 02:16 PM
I have been making lists of all the yarn I want. January 1st is going to be a big day for my credit card!

:cheering:

ArtLady1981
06-28-2007, 03:09 PM

Hi'ya Suzie! :waving:

You are our Year of the Stash role-model! Wow! 300 days without buying any new yarn!! THAT IS INCREDIBLE! Say, how big was your Stash originally?? Did you ever make a list or spreadsheet?

You inspire us! :notworthy:

suziehomemaker
06-28-2007, 03:29 PM
I didn't make a formal inventory but I did have enough yarn for an afghan, several scarves, dishclothes and socks. I have a 1 year old now so I can really only knit/spin 2-3 hours max at night after he's gone to bed. I didn't think to make an inventory until I started running out of ideas for my stash. It has been very helpful with finding patterns that match up nicely.

I'm down to 1 bin and a 3 drawer unit full of yarn - mostly it's yarn for the Great American Aran Afgan that's on hold. At this point I'm going to have to start that big baby back up soon because I'm running out of yarn for smaller projects!

I wish I could say that I had all this will power but my DH has been very good at keeping me true to my word. Inititally I said no yarn buying for a year so I thought I could start buying again this September. He then reminded me that it was a New Year's resolution that I made in January so now I have to go to Dec 31st.

I think I can do it but it's really starting to get tough. What am I going to do when I only have yarn for one last project? Can I just get a "good job" and start buying again?!?!? (who am I kidding - I could never finish GAAA in less than a year)

ArtLady1981
06-28-2007, 05:01 PM
:waving: Hi Susie!

That is neat how you have linked your WIP'S in your signature!
I clicked your links...and I must say...THE GREAT AMERICAN AFGHAN is absolutely a WORK OF ART!

Do you have all the yarn for it? I didn't get how many squares are involved. What size is each square if knitted to gauge?

Wow. It is a show-stopper! Each square could take two weeks.
What a fun project! I am going to look around again and see if I can get ahold of the pattern myself. Maybe I'll join ya in a KAL! I see that there are some KAL's going already in other forums.

auburnchick
06-28-2007, 07:37 PM
I have been making lists of all the yarn I want. January 1st is going to be a big day for my credit card!

:cheering:

suziehomemaker
06-29-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm actually one of the moderators for the GAAA knit along. It's at this site: http://aranafghanalong.blogspot.com/
You can just send me a PM with your email address and I can invite you to join.

I think I bought my pattern book from here: http://www.stitchesmarket.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=6462&cat=214&page=3

The yarn is Plymouth Encore and I bought 20 skeins. I've see other knitters use a variety of yarns so anything with similiar weight would probably work well. There are 24 squares to choose from to make an afghan and/or pillows, each square is 12 x 12.

I got the idea from Silver awhile back and she may still have pictures on her blog of her finished afgan - it's just beautiful. I think the first square took me about a month to finish. It may go faster now that I've got more experience.

ArtLady1981
06-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the info, Suzie! I feel like I have plenty of time to hop on the GAAA Train this Fall. I have a few WIP's to finish...and a promised project to start and finish.

It is such a beautiful afghan. I like the fact that each square is 24-12x12's, rather than a million 4x4's.

I have used ENCORE for other projects. I am familiar with it. Is all ENCORE acrylic, or are there some wools as well. Well, no matter, when it comes time, I can research yarn types. Acrylic or superwash wool makes the afghan washable...but wool is blockable and gives more warmth.

I knit an aran afghan a few months ago. It was knit on one large circ...size 11 needle...I used ROWAN Polar in a warm red. Definitely not washable...but ever so warm and cozy. Being red it should not need too much laundering. When it comes time, I really don't know what I will do. Tumble dry for a few minutes in one of those huge laundromat dryers with a sheet of DRYELL self-dry-cleaning cloths?

It is 55x75 and used over 20 skeins of yarn. I forget now. It went very quickly. I cast-on Feb 12 and was done by Mar 14. Being all one repetitive pattern...with a bulky yarn and US 11 needle...whoosh. Done! I knit this afghan out of necessity! As our children married and left home...they all confiscated an aran afghan from the sofas! I guess I should feel complimented! Mom's handknit afghans becoming "family heirlooms". Some of them are 20 years old...acrylic yarn purchased at K-Mart a long long time ago. I remember well...the 10 skeins cost me $9. Skeins had a TON of yardage back then, too! Well, the afghan is still alive and kicking! And all the kids are "attached" to their favorite TV blankie. Many nights I remember seeing 5 kids snuggled under 5 afghans watching movies late at night! I'd say, hey there, two of you has to share an afghan...I need a blanket!

Well enough of that! Here a photos of my very easy aran afghan, the pattern of which is in the latest book called CABLES UNTANGLED.

The first photo shows my first 6 inches of work against the pattern photo in the book. The pattern called for worsted weight yarn in cream, however, I had 30 skeins of ROWAN Polar in my Stash...and needed a BIG cozy afghan. http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_0583.jpg

ROWAN Polar does not do well when "fringed"...so I created a little petite Bell Ruffle for my afghan, the pattern of which is in "Knitting Over the Edge" by Nicky Epstein! The book paid off!!!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_0737.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_0733.jpg

I kept is folded up at first...then decided to throw it over the back of my knitting sofa. Easier to put it back there than to re-fold! It is a very BIG blankie! I love it. I am only 5' tall...so it covers me completely!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_0738.jpg

suziehomemaker
06-29-2007, 02:58 PM
It's absolutely beautiful and I love the red! You would have no problem at all with GAAA. It's all cables, twists and bobbles so far. I saw "Cables Untangled" and thought it might be good but now I'm definitely adding it to my wish list.

I'm pretty sure my Encore is a mix, something like 75% acryllic and 25% wool. I haven't even bother blocking the one square I've made so far. I'd much rather knit and just take an afternoon to block them all at once.

thischicknits
06-30-2007, 12:30 AM
I haven't popped in for a while but thought I would let you know I have finished 2 projects from stash yarn. This is a continued goal of mine now. Keep purging, keep making.

There are a few yarn details in my blog, but here are the pictures of my summer tank (with my DD) and skirt.

jeanius80
06-30-2007, 01:41 AM
very pretty FOs :heart:

Lady Violet
06-30-2007, 02:50 AM
ArtLady, that afghan is absolutely beautiful! i love the color. :inlove: the ruffle actually looks like little tassles all along the age. adding it was a great idea. :thumbsup:

ArtLady1981
06-30-2007, 04:03 AM
I haven't popped in for a while but thought I would let you know I have finished 2 projects from stash yarn. This is a continued goal of mine now. Keep purging, keep making.

There are a few yarn details in my blog, but here are the pictures of my summer tank (with my DD) and skirt.

Hi'ya Chick! :waving:

Great work! It is wonderful that you are de-stashing so successfully! Good for you!!!

Darling little girl. What a doll face!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post photos! We love photos!

ArtLady1981
06-30-2007, 04:07 AM
Hi Lady Violet! Thanks for the compliments! I just love that afghan. It puts me to sleep every time! So soft and cozy. It is my sofa afghan, and with all the 5 kids married off, it is ALL MINE!!!

auburnchick
06-30-2007, 02:51 PM
ThisChick,

I really like the detailing work of the tank. The color is fabulous too!

thischicknits
06-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks! It was so easy to knit and wears so well.

misha rf
07-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Such lovely FOs!!!!! Thischickknits, your daughter is adorable!

ArtLady, Plymouth Encore is 75% acrylic & 25% wool. It's what I'm using for the squares for the afgan group I belong to. It knits up quickly...when I have the time to knit these days!!

mom2hancj
07-02-2007, 09:33 PM
OK so I am going to be in on this one. I knit to sell and knit for home so I have a huge stash and need to use up yarn in both a bit. I bought more today at a sale at Hobby Lobby...you can't beat .88cents a skien.

I will update this later when I can think better (I have a tummy bug blech).

I need to finish a drawstring bag for my neice that has been sitting there. Then behind that I would like to work on a tank...the yarn was from a swap and if I don't get busy I won't be able to wear it this summer. Then I need to make some shorties for my ds again b4 it gets cold and he can't wear them LOL.

jeanius80
07-02-2007, 09:45 PM
well, when i was shopping for my summer swapper, i bought this pattern (http://www.dreamweaveryarns.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1888)and 6 skeins of cascade 220 (last month!) its the noni lattice bag pattern. very cute and very big! it's knitted double stranded and the effect of the lattice is created by cabeling.
my issue is, i love this pattern, but i'm not ready to tackle it. should i save the wool for this, or knit a top for me? could you reccomend one too? TIA

oh, the colors i picked are heathers, a soft sagey green and a country-ish blue.

ArtLady1981
07-03-2007, 11:38 AM
OK so I am going to be in on this one. I knit to sell and knit for home so I have a huge stash and need to use up yarn in both a bit. I bought more today at a sale at Hobby Lobby...you can't beat .88cents a skien.

I will update this later when I can think better (I have a tummy bug blech).

I need to finish a drawstring bag for my neice that has been sitting there. Then behind that I would like to work on a tank...the yarn was from a swap and if I don't get busy I won't be able to wear it this summer. Then I need to make some shorties for my ds again b4 it gets cold and he can't wear them LOL.

WELCOME :hug: ABOARD THE STASH TRAIN!

Kinda neat that you also "knit to sell". Let me ask you...how did you go about this? Commissions to sell to friends? Shops?

One of our Stashies has not purchased new yarn for over 300 days!

Well, not so with me...but I have kept to our guidelines/goals: can't buy any new yarn til something has been knit from the Stash! And even then, the new yarn can't go into the Stash Bin...it has to be knit right away.

Well, they are only guidelines! A lot of us are decreasing the amount of yarn in our Stash simply for the fact that we are aware of our Stash and are more focused on using it.

Anyway, post some photos of your accomplishments later! Also, notice the STASHBUSTER IDEAS link in my signature? One of our Stashies started a KH thread that is filled with pattern contributions from many KH knitters...patterns that just take a skein or two.

ArtLady1981
07-03-2007, 11:44 AM
well, when i was shopping for my summer swapper, i bought this pattern (http://www.dreamweaveryarns.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1888)and 6 skeins of cascade 220 (last month!) its the noni lattice bag pattern. very cute and very big! it's knitted double stranded and the effect of the lattice is created by cabeling.
my issue is, i love this pattern, but i'm not ready to tackle it. should i save the wool for this, or knit a top for me? could you reccomend one too? TIA

oh, the colors i picked are heathers, a soft sagey green and a country-ish blue.

Hi Jeani! :waving: I think you should save the CASCADE 220 -6 skeins - for that darling bag! WOW! It is really nice!

I don't know what kind of top you are in the mood for. A quick summer top? If so, there is a KAL going here...I think you have seen it...called 1st Sweater KAL...anyway, a couple of knitters, and myself, started a cute top called TEMPTING. It is a free pattern...I think there is a link for it in the KAL...and it doesn't take much yarn or time! Better hurry! Our summer is finally here! :sun:

If you are looking for a fall/winter pattern idea...let me know!

jeanius80
07-03-2007, 12:41 PM
i am gonna look through some of my other patterns, see if i have a perfect cardigan pattern. otherwise, it's gonna wait until fall, i think, to be knit :) i do looooove the pattern, and the colors:inlove:

ArtLady1981
07-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi'ya Stashies! :waving:

Well...Laila's Crazy Quilt is finally finished. Made entirely from STASH YARN!

Even though the squares are not a perfect fit...they are dern good enough!

I got all the designs from "200 Afghan Squares". If all the yarn had been the same brand and gauge, I am sure the squares would have been a perfect fit. Hey, but what is PERFECT anyways!!????

I like this Crazy Quilt better than any I have ever made for my grandchildren!

Here it is! I didn't measure it yet...but each square is 8"x8",
So the quilt is about 48"x64". Pretty good size for a 4 yr old!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/LailasCrazyQuiltFinishedJuly4200700.jpg
Her "Name Square"
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/LailasCrazyQuiltFinishedJuly4200-2.jpg

This is the edging.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/LailasCrazyQuiltFinishedJuly4200-1.jpg

misstialouise
07-04-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm out ladies...

I caved...

I've bought a fair bit more yarn over the last month....

I'm an addict.. purchasing the yarn is just as much fun for me as using it....

:(

I need YPA's... (Yarn Purchasers Anonymous)

auburnchick
07-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Artlady, the quilt is beautiful. My son would just love something like that (even though he's 13).

Miss...hang in there...we all cave at times. You're not alone! :hug:

ArtLady1981
07-05-2007, 03:44 AM
I'm out ladies...

I caved...

I've bought a fair bit more yarn over the last month....

I'm an addict.. purchasing the yarn is just as much fun for me as using it....

:(

I need YPA's... (Yarn Purchasers Anonymous)

Misstialouise! Hi! :waving:

Hey there...join the club! We all CAVE now and then. But, the fact that we are conscious of our yarn purchasing habits helps us a bit!

Hang in there and knit some STASH and earn the NEW YARN in reverse order!

BTW: what did you get???? Come on...SHARE!!:cheering::cheering::cheering:

misstialouise
07-05-2007, 04:11 AM
BTW: what did you get???? Come on...SHARE!!:cheering::cheering::cheering:

I got some roving, some handspun, some sock yarn .. umm... a HUGE 2000m cone of italian cotton chenille ;)... there is more.. I'm sure of it...

Mulderknitter
07-05-2007, 06:47 PM
My thought for the day.... If you bought a book that has a pattern you want to make, but you don't have the yarn... it counts as destashing if you buy the yarn to make the pattern because you are making use of something you ALREADY have:roflhard: That's how I see it anyway. So sock yarn here I come!!!!
Weekend update: I couldn't find a place to put my yarn.... wanted to organize a bit... went to yarn closet... opened plastic drawer... too much yarn.... wait...PINK FUZZY CRAPPY YARN, along with the purple homespun BOUCLE that i HATE!:ick: So, instead of closing said drawer, I went here:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture016.jpg
Crap yarn gone. Room for good yarn.
Then, sock went bad. mind you, this is the sock that got me over my sss. I got over said sss by wearing the first one all the time. Looked funny, so I went to making second sock. Then, said second sock got an attitude. It decided that when I went for the 2nd part of the gusset it would look like this:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture018-1.jpg
Notice the heel is very wonky, the ribbing stretched out (and has a few extra mysterious stitches.) After looking at it and shedding a few (lots) of tears thinking about frogging about 10 hrs worth of knitting, bad sock went into sock bag and was told to think about what it had done and let me know when it wanted to be a sock again.
This acheived, I went on to more noble ventures,
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture017.jpg
I have cast on and started working the cuff. I feel better. Good yarn. Good needles. Happy again.

LindaB2603
07-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I am drowning in yarn--closet is filled at least 50% with yarn--and I love it ALL! I definitely don't need to buy anymore. I definitely am IN!! Or my marriage may be over!

Current projects: Afgan for grandson, ipod, recently completed ipod covers. I have to wear particular colors for each day of the week at work so I'm making one to match each shirt. I've still got a couple to go. :cheering:

ArtLady1981
07-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Hi Mulder!!! :waving:

I loved your POST! I needed a good chuckle! Been there, done that Sister Knitter! I feels ya! :hug:

Thanks for sharing the photos! It always add flavor to the POST! :thumbsup:

nadja la claire
07-07-2007, 09:36 AM
I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!! I FINISHED MY FRIEND'S THROW!!!!!!:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
I have been working on this thing for over a year. I stayed up last night until after midnight BO and blocking but it's done. It's not as long as I'd like it to be but I barely had enough yarn to finish it and I finished just in time because Smokie's B-Day is next Saturday and it's going to be a very hot week and I'm not going to feel like working on a throw in 100+ degree heat. I have to finish my 1st sweater when the weather cools off.

I used 7 skeins of LB WE in Forest Green Heather on size 8s. The pattern is an adaptation of Brooke Nelson's Column of Leaves scarf.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

BostonBecca
07-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Wow, Nadja, that is a gorgeous blanket!

ArtLady1981
07-07-2007, 04:57 PM
:waving:Hi Nadja! :waving:

Your throw is a work of art! You really do some incredible, excellent cable/lace details! As usual, your color choice for this throw is RIGHT ON! :thumbsup:

Thanks SO MUCH for posting the photos!!!

I am inspired!

On another STASH topic: I was participating in a church volunteer work this morning...and learned that one of our young mother's baby shower has been set for July 28th. Eeeeeks! I haven't started a thing! I knew she was due in Sept...time has just caught up with me! :hair:

Well, I went through my trusty STASH YARN SPREADSHEET...and located two bags of Stash Yarn...just the right colors for a baby boy. :cheering: A bag of mediumish navy blue along with a skein of cream white (all TLC acrylic...very soft and a nice luster)...and a bag of light blue/cream/beige denimy tweed by Sirdar! :cheering::cheering::cheering:

Also found patterns for each! :cheering::cheering::cheering: Not too hard or tedious!
Will make hats to go with each sweater. One is a one-piece garter stitch jacket with a cap...the other pattern is an interesting stitch pattern pullover. Will make a cap for it, too. So, these will be done this month!!!!

Me and DH and the dogs are leaving soon for another full week in the wilderness...our 20 acres on top of Nighthawk Summit. So, guess what projects I am taking???

Will also take along my TEMPTING summer top for DD.

Glad that Crazy Quilt Afghan is done!! My Khaki Cables Cardigan is "getting there". Have the BACK and Left Front completed...and the Right Front is 60%. Will keep plugging away at it while I am in town...and then work like the devil on the baby gifts while on vacation. If I get those done (am I being too optimistic?)...TEMPTING is my backup project.

Oh what would a knitter do if she (he) ran out of projects to work on while on vacation?? The thought is chilling! :eyes:

jeanius80
07-07-2007, 08:19 PM
artlady, you are amazing! so organized... i am completely unorganized in everything. probably why it takes me so long to finish anything :shifty:
nadja- what a beautiful blanket :heart:

auburnchick
07-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Oh what would a knitter do if she (he) ran out of projects to work on while on vacation?? The thought is chilling! :eyes:

I know what you mean. We are going to a soccer tournament in NC at the end of July, and I'm planning on taking a couple of skeins of sock yarn. I will have just finished my summer college term and will be able to enjoy the break without any pressure of school work.

ArtLady1981
07-08-2007, 11:52 AM
artlady, you are amazing! so organized... i am completely unorganized in everything. probably why it takes me so long to finish anything :shifty:
nadja- what a beautiful blanket :heart:

Hi Jeanie! :notworthy: Thank you for the pat-on-me-back!

DD and I are taking the Seattle-to-Bainbridge ferry today! We are gonna cut across the Island, crossing the far bridge (Hwy 305) that takes us on to Poulsbo! Our Mother-Daughter Day Trip!

Poulsbo has TWO knitting shoppes now! :cheering::cheering::cheering:

Bainbridge has a knitting shop, too...but her Sunday hours are just 12-5...and I will pass her road too early...and then too late on the way back. Darn.

The ferry is $14.45 now...each way...so that makes it too expensive to make her shop a destiniation by itself. I think it is called the Churchmouse Knittery. It's on Madrone Lane, three blocks from the ferry.

You can drive around...cross the Tacoma Narrows on Hwy 16...follow to Hwy 3 to Bremerton, Silverdale, Poulsbo...leave out of Poulsbo on Hwy 305, crossing a big bridge onto Bainbridge Island...but...with gas at $3.25 per gallon...that route is expensive, too. And driving around takes time, too. It is a nice drive and day trip though!

Well, South Sound Knitters Guild (meetings held at the Knittery in Renton) made Churchmouse their annual Field Trip last year...but I was on vacation in the wilderness. :pout: Missed that one.

ArtLady1981
07-08-2007, 11:55 AM
I know what you mean. We are going to a soccer tournament in NC at the end of July, and I'm planning on taking a couple of skeins of sock yarn. I will have just finished my summer college term and will be able to enjoy the break without any pressure of school work.

Hey there Nathalie! :waving:

You are an amazing woman! Knit on, Sista!!! xxxI don't know how you do it!

Keep us posted regarding your College things! :grphug:

misha rf
07-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Nadja, that throw is stunning!!

I hear y'all on having the traveling knitting...we went for a little drive this afternoon, & I brought the knitting (as always). I've figured that I can get four squares out of one skein of the Plymouth Encore. I was on the 4th one, and about halfway through. So I brought another skein with me. Needed it, too!! :rofl:

auburnchick
07-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi y'all!

First, ArtLady, thanks for the support! You know, I really should have finished college right after high school, but marrying fairly young and having babies were my priorities at the time. Now that they are 3/4 grown, it's time to finish.

After this term, I have ten more classes until graduation! I'm going to sign up for four classes during the first part of the fall (yikes!) and then plan to take three classes the next two terms. That will allow me to graduate in March. Then I'll take my teacher certification examinations and, hopefully, will be teaching next fall. I'll have three more "education" courses to take after that, but it will be a breeze compared to what I've already done.

Anyhow, on to the real purpose of this post...

Here's my latest FO. It's the Black Sheep Booga Bag. I made it with stash yarn -- Noro Kureyon #188. I'm proud of it because it's my second project knitted completely with the Continental method (I've always knitted English style).

My sister saw it pre-felted (but she saw my other bag, same pattern, that I always use as my regular purse). She loved it and requested one for Christmas.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC02328.jpg

misstialouise
07-08-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm knitting Widdershins from Knitty in a Patons yarn... self striping.. :D

Doodknitwit
07-08-2007, 10:39 PM
bag is a beauty!:yay:

lauraknits
07-09-2007, 01:12 AM
oops, multiple post.

lauraknits
07-09-2007, 01:15 AM
everyone's projects look great! I have been shamefully lurking as I too have been a very very bad stashie. Now, I have finished a couple of stash projects, but I "rewarded" myself before actually finishing either one, and my rewards were a little over the top. Ok, a lot. 30 skeins of sweater yarn, 7 skeins sock yarn.... oh, I feel full! Wonder how long that feeling will last...

A friend of mine has an interesting new strategy. For every two skeins of yarn she knits, she can buy 1 skein. I think I am going to try this. It's the keeping track I have trouble with!

misstialouise
07-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Artlady...

I DREAMT ABOUT YOUR AFGHAN LAST NIGHT!!!!

Between your lovely blankie and Harry Potter my dream was uber strange...

ArtLady1981
07-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Nathalie! Hi! :waving:Your BOOGA BAG is beautiful! I really like that NORO colorway! Really nice! Thanks for taking time to post the photo for us! :happydance:

I made a felted Party Purse a couple of years ago. It is the shape of a large coconut! I love it! I really should make one of these neato Booga Bags! What are you going to use yours for? Regular use: wallet, sunglasses, makeup case? Or, bookbag? Knitting tote?

Or is this one the gift?

ArtLady1981
07-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Artlady...

I DREAMT ABOUT YOUR AFGHAN LAST NIGHT!!!!

Between your lovely blankie and Harry Potter my dream was uber strange...

:thumbsup: Happy to inspire DREAMS for my fellow sister knitters! :muah:

ArtLady1981
07-09-2007, 01:49 PM
everyone's projects look great! I have been shamefully lurking as I too have been a very very bad stashie. Now, I have finished a couple of stash projects, but I "rewarded" myself before actually finishing either one, and my rewards were a little over the top. Ok, a lot. 30 skeins of sweater yarn, 7 skeins sock yarn.... oh, I feel full! Wonder how long that feeling will last...

A friend of mine has an interesting new strategy. For every two skeins of yarn she knits, she can buy 1 skein. I think I am going to try this. It's the keeping track I have trouble with!

Lurking is good! :thumbsup: Just don't leave us!

I think that is a creative way to bust Stash! It would be especially good is your knitting is usually one or two skein projects. However, for me...my projects are usually 12 or more skeins. I would have to knit TWO stash projects to earn ONE REWARD yarn purchase of 12 skeins.

Her method would decrease the Stash most efficiently!

Well, whatever method of de-stashing we chose, the fact that we are conscious of our stashed yarn will help us USE IT!

Thanks for sharing the tip! Ask her to join our YEAR OF THE STASH thread! We need her input, too!:thumbsup:

auburnchick
07-09-2007, 06:35 PM
What are you going to use yours for? Regular use: wallet, sunglasses, makeup case? Or, bookbag? Knitting tote?

Or is this one the gift?

No gift...I'm not that generous. :teehee:

I will use it for a purse, I guess, although my knitting somehow always manages to find its way into whatever bag I'm carrying at the moment. And you know, I really did not like the colorway while I was knitting it. The felting made the colors look better though.

knitwit628
07-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Hey everybody! I was on a trip to Texas and Oaklahoma and haven't been on in awhile. Anyways, in Texas I visited 2 yarn shops: Simple Stitches and the Wooly Ewe. I ended up buying this hand dyed sock yarn, which is my reward yarn for finishing some small projects from my stash. I will make my first socks out of it using Silver's tutorial. I also bought Fiber Trend's Raindrop Lace Socks pattern for the future... once I'm used to knitting socks. The yarn is really pretty and I wish I could share a picture but am having a tough time trying to remember how to resize and post them since I hardly ever do that. grrrr my brain definitely isn't working today! :lol: Oh, and I am knitting the Branching Out scarf and am pretty close to finishing it. :cheering:

misstialouise
07-09-2007, 07:19 PM
:thumbsup: Happy to inspire DREAMS for my fellow sister knitters! :muah:

hehe... You realise now, of course, I'm going to be making an afghan of my own out of my stash yarn... won't be nearly so nice as yours... and I have a feeling it's going to look a little 'crazy patchwork' ... hehehe

auburnchick
07-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Oh, and I am knitting the Branching Out scarf and am pretty close to finishing it.

This is a really fast lace knit. You reminded me that I've got an extra skein of yarn that I need to use for this project. I've already made one of these scarves, but a friend asked me to make one for her too. Hmmm...maybe I'll do it next.

jeanius80
07-09-2007, 09:30 PM
i too knit a booga.. at first i thought it was kinda small, but after using it, they hold quite a bit! i managed to fit 3 diapers, cell, wallet, keys, a baggie with wipes, and dd's sippy cup. i suppose if i didn't have diapers to carry, i could have schlepped a small project in it too. the next one i make i plan making a large interior pocket and a small one to keep diapers seprate :mrgreen:

knitwit628
07-09-2007, 10:24 PM
This is a really fast lace knit. You reminded me that I've got an extra skein of yarn that I need to use for this project. I've already made one of these scarves, but a friend asked me to make one for her too. Hmmm...maybe I'll do it next.

Isn't it a great scarf? This is actually my first lace project and really like how it's turning out :)

ArtLady1981
07-09-2007, 11:41 PM
:waving:Hi!

That Branching Out scarf is really one of the most beautiful patterns I have ever seen. One of our Stashie sisters made one a while back and posted photos! WOWOWO! She did hers in a leaf green Silky Wool, I believe. She posted the photo in our Year of the Stash thread, but, for the life of me, I can't remember what page. I hope she sees this and posts it again, or, steers us towards her photo page!

IT IS TO DIE FOR!!!! :thumbsup: You just have to see it to believe it! :cheering:

BostonBecca
07-10-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm working on my first lace project ever right now too. It's a lace kerchief.

http://terrathree.livejournal.com/163279.html

It's for my swap partner. Once I got used to paying close attention to the pattern and all the yarn overs it was easy to get right.

ArtLady1981
07-10-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm working on my first lace project ever right now too. It's a lace kerchief.

http://terrathree.livejournal.com/163279.html

It's for my swap partner. Once I got used to paying close attention to the pattern and all the yarn overs it was easy to get right.

Hi Becca!:waving:

Nice project! It is good to start with a kerchief! I have found that lace and lace-like knitting is kinda like cabled projects...once you get your mantra rollin'....the pattern almost knits itself! With lace... I keep a close eye on those yarn overs. I have a "head count" at the end of each RS/working row...to make sure all stitches are accounted for. If someone has gone missing...it is always a missed yarn over. If there is an extra "tenant" on the needle...it is always an extra yarn over. Doing the head count and finding a missed yo or an extra yo right then and there...makes corrections much simpler.
Just tink back to the offense and move on. I have never used lifelines...but, I would if my lace work was some of the very complicated, fine lace work. Mine is usually pretty simple stuff.

lucky_alf2
07-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Hi Ladies!! I've been lurking while working on my stash baby blanket -- it's taken me awhile but I finally finished it while on vacation (in cool Vancouver BC) last week. I've even already started my next stash baby blanket :) :) Note sure if the pattern is lace-work, but it has lots of knit-togs and yo's and it took me about 4 cast ons to get the first repeat right -- I've not done anything quite that complicated before...anyways, I seem to be getting into the rythm now, but will have to put your "head count" advice to work ArtLady as it would be painful to try and fix an error!

:cheering: Natalie -- I love the booga bag!! I'm gonna have to try one of these, but am not sure how to felt as I have a front loading machine -- maybe by hand I guess....

:inlove: Nadja -- Wow!! That throw is fantastic! I love it and the color!!

I'm pondering my reward project -- how exciting!!!

ArtLady1981
07-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Hi Ladies!! I've been lurking while working on my stash baby blanket -- it's taken me awhile but I finally finished it while on vacation (in cool Vancouver BC) last week. I've even already started my next stash baby blanket :) :) Note sure if the pattern is lace-work, but it has lots of knit-togs and yo's and it took me about 4 cast ons to get the first repeat right -- I've not done anything quite that complicated before...anyways, I seem to be getting into the rythm now, but will have to put your "head count" advice to work ArtLady as it would be painful to try and fix an error!

:cheering: Natalie -- I love the booga bag!! I'm gonna have to try one of these, but am not sure how to felt as I have a front loading machine -- maybe by hand I guess....

:inlove: Nadja -- Wow!! That throw is fantastic! I love it and the color!!

I'm pondering my reward project -- how exctiing!!!

Hi'ya Lucky! :waving:

You got photos for us?! :heart: We just loves photos!! :heart:
I clicked on the link in your signature. I love that Diamond baby blanket!

Good for you!!! Using all that Stash!!! Kudos!!! :woot:

auburnchick
07-10-2007, 04:54 PM
One of our Stashie sisters made one a while back and posted photos! WOWOWO! She did hers in a leaf green Silky Wool, I believe. She posted the photo in our Year of the Stash thread, but, for the life of me, I can't remember what page. I hope she sees this and posts it again, or, steers us towards her photo page!

::::::::::::Nathalie raises her hand::::::::::::::

I have another skein of this yarn...I'm going to make the same pattern for my friend.

Anyhow, here's the original post, back, by popular demand...

It was post #711 (since I list my messages differently, I didn't want to give you a bogus page #)...

I cut and pasted from the original...

Here's a little something I whipped up...

It's the Branching Out Scarf, done in elsebeth lavold (moss). I really liked this pattern!

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC02022.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC02023.jpg

misstialouise
07-10-2007, 08:00 PM
How many yards (approx) does a branching out take? I have a couple of single skeins of some yarns that I think might be perfect...

Also.. I am knitting Widdershins from Knitty (toe up two at a time on 2 circs) with TOFUTSIES!!! :D Loving the feel of it so far :D

auburnchick
07-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Here's (http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html) the pattern. It has the yardage for the two different yarns it recommends.

I guess it ultimately depends on how long you make it, and how tight a knitter you are. I will probably knit most of the skein I have left...enough to make my second one 48" long.

ArtLady1981
07-11-2007, 03:09 AM
I got some Rewards New Yarn today :cheering: for two scarves for me!
The yarn is by Rowan..."Tapesty" is the name of it. It is a very very subtle colorway. The colors transition like wet watercolor techniques produce. The colors bleed softly inch by inch...getting lighter and lighter the farther away from the parent color. I have only seen a photo of this new yarn featured in some knitters magazine at the bookstore. I don't know if I bought the magazine, but I sure did write down the name of the yarn!

Here are my two colorways: beiges & creams...and multi-greys.
I have winter coats for both of them already. A black and white herringbone coat, and a whites/creams/beiges Saulsalito Jacket in NORO Transitions.

It was our Ingrid that inspired me to do these scarves. I also bought a Charted Knitting Designs book by Barbara G. Walker. My oh My. It is a dynamite book. I found numerous Celtic cable patterns to choose from for my scarf. Ingrid said that Tapestry knits kind of thin...it is a DK weight. She used Karaoke and Malabrigo for her scarves. So now I am going to tinker around with my needle size, etc. and see if I can get the yarn to work with the pattern. I'll try a US7 first...then go down from there. I just hope the proportions are right. If the width looks best with a US5...will it affect the length of the cable over the 16 row repeat...or will it look squashed? Row gauge is most important with cabling...however, not as critical for a scarf as for a sweater where the cables have to end up at a certain place on the body. Been there done that, too.
When I get rollin' on the charcoal scarf, I will post photos...maybe in Whatcha Knittin'. Unlikely anyone would want to join me in a KAL.

I want my scarf to be about 5" wide and 48" long. I bought 6 skeins of each color, probably overkill...but the store owner said I can bring back any unused yarn. Cables really suck up the yarn. You need twice as much to go half as far. It is unbelievable.

Ingrid, this is all your fault! :muah: But, thanks! You inspired me with your beautiful scarves. I saved them to my computer files, and re-sized them 200%...and so I can see your details real good. I am going to use that Right Twist and Left Twist mock cables on each side of my Celtic cable. I like that look. I'm pretty sure that is what you used for one of the Karaoke Scarves. The other one just had plain C4F cables I think.

HERE (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=61208) is a link to the thread where Ingrid posted 4 photos of her beautiful scarves! You gotta seem 'em to believe 'em!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1983.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1981.jpg

misstialouise
07-11-2007, 03:57 AM
Thank you.. :D about 200m... I will see how much yarn is in this skein.. :D It looks like a good transitional scarf :D

suziehomemaker
07-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Just an update that I purchased yarn on Friday afternoon. My first purchase in 315 days. That's it - I'm done!

One of my friends is due next month and I feel that it's my responsibility as a knitter and a friend to made this baby feel loved with a handmade gift. That's more important to me than proving a point (I was going completely cold turkey just to prove to myself that I could do it).

I feel good actually. No remorse at all. The great thing is that I plan to keep knitting from my stash anyway and that this time forced me to find projects for all of my stash yarn. I'm so glad that I did this!

I plan to purchase a couple more skeins for Shandeh's charity knitting whenever those items make it to me but that's about it!

misha rf
07-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Good for you, Suzie!! :happydance::cheering: You've got better willpower than I.

I just finished knitting a tuffet for one of my cats. I found the pattern here (http://mambocats.blogspot.com/2007/07/tuffet-for-tessie-tessie-is-our-eldest.html). I had to buy the Yarn Bee (I don't usually do things with eyelash yarn), but only have a couple of yards of that left. Even better, it took almost 2 full skeins of Patons Classic Merino that's been in the stash for a while. I'll post pics after I've felted it.

JenArkansas
07-21-2007, 07:10 PM
It's finally time to admit that I've been here all along. I have been knitting for less than a year, and I'm just now contemplating my first pair of socks. I think I meet all the requirements for having a stash: hiding it in my closet, being embarrassed to tell my husband exactly how much yarn I have, losing it because I can't remember where I put it all, etc. It's a small stash in relative terms, only a few projects worth. But I am a process knitter; I am happiest when I'm knitting and I don't necessarily need to have stuff in order to be happy. So it's taking me a long time to knit up this yarn. And I just got a lovely order from knitpicks of the latest sock yarn. Note: I have not yet knitted any socks...

Thanks for allowing me to join; I know I belong here.

Jennie in Arkansas

knitwit628
07-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Welcome new "stashie"!! :)

auburnchick
07-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Welcome Jennie! I, too, have a modest stash (it fits in a picnic basket), so you're not the only one. This is a fun group, as you've probably already figured out.

I look forward to seeing your stash busting projects!

misha rf
07-23-2007, 04:28 PM
As promised, the tuffet before and after pics, complete with cat.

I also bought more yarn today....I couldn't help it!! It was a birthday present!! :rofling: I'll post pics in the General Knitting section...

ArtLady1981
07-24-2007, 06:03 AM
It's finally time to admit that I've been here all along. I have been knitting for less than a year, and I'm just now contemplating my first pair of socks. I think I meet all the requirements for having a stash: hiding it in my closet, being embarrassed to tell my husband exactly how much yarn I have, losing it because I can't remember where I put it all, etc. It's a small stash in relative terms, only a few projects worth. But I am a process knitter; I am happiest when I'm knitting and I don't necessarily need to have stuff in order to be happy. So it's taking me a long time to knit up this yarn. And I just got a lovely order from knitpicks of the latest sock yarn. Note: I have not yet knitted any socks...

Thanks for allowing me to join; I know I belong here.

Jennie in Arkansas

Hi Jennie! :waving:

Welcome aboard the STASH TRAIN! :grphug: We need each other to stay motivated! Some of us use our "new yarn rewards" each time we finish a "stash project"...some of us try to use Stash Yarn most of the time...but no matter what...keeping our Stash in mind, keeping our focus on it more than before...helps us get our beautiful Stash Yarn knit up into wonderful garments and things!!

ArtLady1981
07-24-2007, 06:05 AM
As promised, the tuffet before and after pics, complete with cat.

I also bought more yarn today....I couldn't help it!! It was a birthday present!! :rofling: I'll post pics in the General Knitting section...

Thanks for posting the photos Misha! So darling! :thumbsup: I just loves :heart: to see photos of all our accomplishments!

ArtLady1981
07-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi there Stashies! :waving:

I knit two emergency baby shower gifts whilst on our July wilderness trip! I cannot believe how quickly they knit up! The pullover took one day...the jacket took 2 days! Had to wait til we got home to do buttons and seam. Am making a cute hat for the blue jacket! Have one yellow "pencil button" left over for the top of the hat, in lieu of a pom-pom. (PS: these two sweaters were ALL STASH YARN!)

I gotta run over to Completed Stash Projects and "up" my tally by two projects! Yeah! :cheering:

Size 0-3 months. (2 skeins Red Heart "Soft" will also do the hat, in progress)
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_2360.jpg

Size 0-3 months. This pullover pattern was a bugger. The pattern was way off in sizing. The neck opening was the size of an orange, so I had to improvise the neckline, leaving the shoulder open halfway. The sleeves called for 4" length...but I made them 6". Four inches looked like a short sleeved girl's pullover...not a long sleeved boys pullover. I will buy little khaki slacks to go with this pullover!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_2359.jpg

auburnchick
07-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Welcome home! The sweaters are just adorable!

My class term is over, but I haven't even picked up my knitting yet! We just adopted our third dog...she's keeping me quite busy! I posted a thread in the General forum with pictures. We leave on Thursday for NC. Although we're taking the new puppy, I'm going to take my knitting. I can't wait! More stash busting!

knitwit628
07-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Cute sweaters Artlady! I love the buttons on the first one... too cute!

ArtLady1981
07-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi Suzie! You go girl! Glad to hear that you are in a place that "new yarn" can enter in! You remain our Stashie Queen! No one but no one has maintained a yarn diet as well as you! You are my role model!!!!

misha rf
07-25-2007, 11:42 AM
ArtLady, those sweaters are darling!!!

I'm getting close to done with my Forest Canopy Shawl.:woot:

And thanks for reminding me about the spreadsheet. I don't think I've looked at it in a month or two. (oops!)

Mulderknitter
07-25-2007, 01:05 PM
well, I have been a bad girl. :pout: LYS had a sale on rowan big wool that I wanted to use for a pattern for a cabled purse for my mom. they had 5 skeins on sale for $10 a piece, so i thinks to meeself... a scarf to match????? sure. I buy all of it. but lys lady loves me so much she gave them to me for $7.50 each since I was cleaning out old clearance stuff she wasn't selling. So I wasn't so bad huh????:shrug: I'm about 1/2 done with the purse, It's just a square with cables, the handles are bamboo sticks, I might line it. It's ok though because I cast on as soon as I got home, right?????:roflhard:

ArtLady1981
07-25-2007, 01:34 PM
well, I have been a bad girl. :pout: LYS had a sale on rowan big wool that I wanted to use for a pattern for a cabled purse for my mom. they had 5 skeins on sale for $10 a piece, so i thinks to meeself... a scarf to match????? sure. I buy all of it. but lys lady loves me so much she gave them to me for $7.50 each since I was cleaning out old clearance stuff she wasn't selling. So I wasn't so bad huh????:shrug: I'm about 1/2 done with the purse, It's just a square with cables, the handles are bamboo sticks, I might line it. It's ok though because I cast on as soon as I got home, right?????:roflhard:

Hi Mulder! :waving:

I woulda scarffed up all 5 skeins, too! Very nice lys lady to give them to you for $7.50!!!!! That is about half price of the usual price! WAY TO GO GIRL!!!! :woohoo:

I love Rowan BIG WOOL. I have one skein of it in my Stash...for a hat. It goes a long ways!

Mulderknitter
07-25-2007, 01:43 PM
:muah:you make me feel better ArtLady!
But seriously, this caston problem needs to resolve itself soon. I can't remember the last time I finished something, except that basketweave afghan (maybe that's why I have startitis?)
I will post pics of my wip's when I get home today or tomorrow. I have to finish something soon or I can't call myself a knitter anymore, I'll just be a cast-on-er:nails:

BostonBecca
07-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Honestly, I like ravelry and this site, but for different reasons. I like the forums here a lot, and the forums there are ok, but not as good for me.

However, the groups are nice there.

The project info is really good there, especially to see pictures on bodies.

However, this place is a community of sorts, and I think will still remain popular.

madametj
07-25-2007, 06:05 PM
hey there, i haven't been around as much as i used to :( , so the stashie thread is suffering.

i really, like the sweaters though, ArtLady :inlove:

ArtLady1981
07-25-2007, 07:33 PM
hey there, i haven't been around as much as i used to :( , so the stashie thread is suffering.

i really, like the sweaters though, ArtLady :inlove:

:notworthy: Thank you madametj! :notworthy:

We have missed you...but during summer...people are on a different schedule...we understand! WELCOME BACK! :woot:

jeanius80
07-25-2007, 07:49 PM
those are great FO's! (all of them...) i think the little pullover would be perfectly complimented by itty bitty khakis!

misha rf
07-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Mulderknitter, we ALL fall off the wagon every now & then!! (Some of us more often than others...:whistle:) But what a deal you got!!!

I just finished my first lace project. I did the July challenge, and knitted a Forest Canopy Shawl (http://knittingasfastasican.com/forest-canopy-shoulder-shawl/) in Mmmmmalabrigo (oceanus) that's been sitting in my stash for a while. I used about 1 3/4 skeins for it, which means theres 1 1/4 left...

I'll post a pic after it's blocked. I've got to find a way to do that w/o the cats "helping."

BostonBecca
07-25-2007, 09:31 PM
It's ok, I fell off the wagon too! In a rather soft, but huge way.

3 skeins of Manos for a Grownup Bonnet from Knit 2 Together and 2 skeins of incredibly soft Malabrigo in a beautiful greenish blue color and a skein of alpaca for the boyfriend to make a hat or something.

ArtLady1981
07-25-2007, 10:35 PM
those are great FO's! (all of them...) i think the little pullover would be perfectly complimented by itty bitty khakis!

:notworthy: Thanks Jeani! :hug:

dustinac
07-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Artlady those look wonderful :blooby:...

I haven't fallen off really (just some sock yarn end of June) just been knitting the same things lol.. civil war shawl and Mystery Stole 3... of course socks...

I'm wanting to start this (http://annypurls.blogspot.com/2007/07/everywhere-buddy-bags.html)pattern soon and use up my caron simply soft... I have enough to make my little girl and neices each a purse... :oo: prolly enough to make them each a whole collection...

Mulderknitter
07-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Dustinac-those sure are cute bags! I bet your daughters will love them! post pics when you get going on them!

ArtLady1981
07-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Artlady those look wonderful :blooby:...

I haven't fallen off really (just some sock yarn end of June) just been knitting the same things lol.. civil war shawl and Mystery Stole 3... of course socks...

I'm wanting to start this (http://annypurls.blogspot.com/2007/07/everywhere-buddy-bags.html)pattern soon and use up my caron simply soft... I have enough to make my little girl and neices each a purse... :oo: prolly enough to make them each a whole collection...

Hi dustinac!! :waving:

Darling little bags! What great stashbusters!! :cheering:
Thanks for posting the link!

ArtLady1981
07-26-2007, 12:54 PM
It's ok, I fell off the wagon too! In a rather soft, but huge way.

3 skeins of Manos for a Grownup Bonnet from Knit 2 Together and 2 skeins of incredibly soft Malabrigo in a beautiful greenish blue color and a skein of alpaca for the boyfriend to make a hat or something.

Hi Becca!:waving:

You bought new yarn...but....sometimes it is not 'falling off the wagon'....you must have earned lots of "new yarn rewards" by now...you probably DESERVE the new yarn purchases!

Some of our Stashies think that buying ANY YARN is off limits. It is only off limits if that is your own personal goal.
But, according to our Year of the Stash guidelines: for every Stash Project you finish, you earn a "New Yarn" purchase as a reward! Only thing is: you should try to knit up :knitting:the Rewards New Yarn right away.

I have purchased several "Reward New Yarns"...but, I am working on getting them knitted up first in line! Trying to keep the Stash Pile contained!

Happy Knitting!!!! :woohoo:

dustinac
07-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Last night we had storms and most of today it has been storming... so I had my little girl pick the colors from my statsh and we finished the birdy bag (http://annypurls.blogspot.com/2007/07/everywhere-buddy-bags.html) up today... She was very excited and right now is wearing it around as she plays...I've been asked to make the lady bug one next...

I just used Caron Simply Soft brites for the bag in watermelon and limelight... the nest was Mango.. the bird was the blue but doesn't have the color on it anymore... the stick and leaves were made out bits and pieces of wool and regular caron simply... they don't really go with the rest of the bag to dull.. but Roo wasn't going to wait for me to find something brighter...:blooby:

ArtLady1981
07-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Last night we had storms and most of today it has been storming... so I had my little girl pick the colors from my statsh and we finished the birdy bag (http://annypurls.blogspot.com/2007/07/everywhere-buddy-bags.html) up today... She was very excited and right now is wearing it around as she plays...I've been asked to make the lady bug one next...

I just used Caron Simply Soft brites for the bag in watermelon and limelight... the nest was Mango.. the bird was the blue but doesn't have the color on it anymore... the stick and leaves were made out bits and pieces of wool and regular caron simply... they don't really go with the rest of the bag to dull.. but Roo wasn't going to wait for me to find something brighter...:blooby:

:waving: Hi'ya Dustinac!

What an adorable, colorful bag!!!!!! I think I will make a couple of these for my granddaughters!!!! Just darling bag!

Thanks so much for taking time to post the photo!!!!:muah:

minkoo
07-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Can I still sign up? I need this so bad! I have written down a list of projects that should keep me busy until January, with 2 new projects as a reward.

misha rf
07-31-2007, 02:00 PM
It's never too late to sign up!

Dustinac, that bag is darling!!!

ArtLady1981
07-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Can I still sign up? I need this so bad! I have written down a list of projects that should keep me busy until January, with 2 new projects as a reward.

Hi'ya minkoo! :waving:

Oh yes, oh yes! Please hop onto the Stash Train with us! :cheering:

There are 113 pages in this thread now...and I am certain that you cannot plow through them all.

Let me just get you started in our basic concept:

Try to inventory your Stash. Try to find a pattern for each bunch of Stash. Then begin to plow through your Stash!

Post photos for us as you finish Stash Projects!

Stash Busting is personal goal for all of us, however, we don't want you to feel you cannot buy any new yarn until all the Stash is gone. Here is the guideline:

For every Stash Project you finish, you can buy new yarn as a reward! BUT, the new yarn should be knit up RIGHT AWAY, or nearly right away. Try not to "Stash it".

Some of our Stashies have gone on super yarn diets. One of our Stash Queens went over 300 days without buying new yarn! Wow!

Can't say that for myself. But, I have managed to reduce my Stash by quite a lot! I have used some of my new yarn rewards, too!

You will notice, in my signature area, there is a link to STASHBUSTER IDEAS. That will take you to a thread here at KH, created by one of our Sister Stashies. It has lots of patterns and ideas for one or two skeins of yarn. It is easy to find patterns for large quantities of yarn (10 skeins, etc.)...but lots of us have little odd skeins or two that need knitting!

Anyhoo, welcome aboard the Stash Train! :muah:

minkoo
07-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Thank you so much! I'm excited to get started.

suziehomemaker
07-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Some of our Stashies have gone on super yarn diets. One of our Stash Queens went over 300 days without buying new yarn! Wow!

"Stash Queen" sounds so dirty! I'm really just cheap and have a new baby in the house. No time or money to shop for more yarn!

ArtLady1981
07-31-2007, 05:21 PM
"Stash Queen" sounds so dirty! I'm really just cheap and have a new baby in the house. No time or money to shop for more yarn!

Ok...how 'bout QUEEN OF STASHBUSTING?? :wink:

Your yarn diet is really remarkable, ya know! Very encouraging! You ROCK!

suziehomemaker
08-01-2007, 08:34 AM
As soon as I finish this baby cardigan and hat I'm back on the strict diet of knitting the GAAA and my lace scarves. That is until one of the charity projects gets to me but that should only be a purchase of one or two skeins for the rest of the year!

Now I just need to stop buying roving to spin and I'll have a ton of room to buy more yarn!

madametj
08-01-2007, 06:27 PM
artlady, i luv how you changed the stashbuster link, the red really makes it stand out!

Mulderknitter
08-03-2007, 05:51 PM
I hadn't even noticed the new link you have artlady, but it sure is great now that i see it!
thanks!:muah:

ArtLady1981
08-05-2007, 12:07 AM
:waving:Hi'yall!

Glad you like the RED Stashbuster Ideas link! I thought it would be more attractive! And it attracted YOU, so it will attract others. That is such a good thread for knitters who have a skein or two of something to use up!

I got another sweater done using Stash Yarn! :cheering:
It is two strands held together, and the name of the pattern is: TEMPTING, a summer top that some of us are knitting on the KAL called 1st Sweater KAL.

It is a top for my DD. She looks great in it, and I gave her 3 extra ribbons for it: one in BLACK grosgrain, sage green grosgrain, and copper/brown grosgrain. The ribbon that is in the eyelets now is cream satin ribbon. I also gave her a bodkin to make the "threading of the ribbon" easier.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_2493.jpg

She is going to trim back the length of the ribbons. I left them long so that she could decide. Isn't she adorable!? A good daughter! She and her DH have two little girls!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_2496.jpg

beckyrhae
08-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Gorgeous as usual ArtLady! Fits your daughter perfectly!

ArtLady1981
08-05-2007, 03:30 AM
Gorgeous as usual ArtLady! Fits your daughter perfectly!

Aw shucks, thanks BeckyRae! :aww: Between you 'n' me...as simple as this summer top APPEARS TO BE...it was NOT EASY to figure out.

Someone in our 1st Sweater KAL chose it to be a "first sweater"...I have been knitting since 1970...and it was a challenge for me to wrap my mind around the concepts put forth in the pattern.

So, it was either SUPREMELY BORING...from the cast on edge up to where you start the sleeves and yoke...and from there, it was difficult to figure out.

Well, I was never so glad that a sweater was DONE! :woot:
I don't want to see 2x2 rib ever again! :gah:

However, my DD loves it, and so does her DH! All's well that ends well. I made a 3/4 Elsebeth Lavold coat for her last August...that also looked simple...but the pattern had a HUGE error in it, resulting in me having to re-knit the entire Right Front over. :frog: I was so peeved at the designer for being so darn careless. Why don't they QC their patterns before publishing??? I mean REALLY QC! :pout:

beckyrhae
08-05-2007, 05:02 AM
I made a 3/4 Elsebeth Lavold coat for her last August...that also looked simple...but the pattern had a HUGE error in it, resulting in me having to re-knit the entire Right Front over. :frog: I was so peeved at the designer for being so darn careless. Why don't they QC their patterns before publishing??? I mean REALLY QC! :pout:

Here here! One of the ladies in our knitting group has the hardest time, I swear everytime she picks a pattern (Debbie Bliss most of the time), she picks the ONE pattern in the book that needs a major overhawl. Lucky for us, she takes good notes!

auburnchick
08-05-2007, 08:57 AM
ArtLady,

You did a wonderful job on the sweater! Your dd is so pretty too!!! As always, your talent really shines!

ArtLady1981
08-05-2007, 12:42 PM
ArtLady,

You did a wonderful job on the sweater! Your dd is so pretty too!!! As always, your talent really shines!

T'ank You! T'ank You! :notworthy:

I appreciate your kind words! This summer top was a work of love. :heart: It had to be! If it had been for me, I woulda sidelined it til summer 2009! :teehee:

misha rf
08-05-2007, 03:39 PM
ArtLady, that sweater is beautiful!! As always, I stand in awe of your talent. :thud:

I posted pics of my finished Forest Canopy Shawl in the July KAL (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showpost.php?p=925921&postcount=260). I really like how it came out. And it was stash yarn!!

ArtLady1981
08-05-2007, 08:10 PM
ArtLady, that sweater is beautiful!! As always, I stand in awe of your talent. :thud:

I posted pics of my finished Forest Canopy Shawl in the July KAL (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showpost.php?p=925921&postcount=260). I really like how it came out. And it was stash yarn!!

Hi'ya Misha! :waving:

Thanks for giving me the link for your beeeeautiful Forest Canopy Shawl! My DH is looking over my shoulder, waiting for me to finish my email...so's he can have me look up something for him...and he said, "WOW, that sure is pretty" when your shawl photos were up! I think so, too! Is it Malabrigo yarn? Everyone is raving about Malabrigo, and it the variations of color look like a Malabrigo that one of our Mod Squad knit!

Hooray for us Stashies! :cheering::cheering:

minkoo
08-06-2007, 09:24 AM
That's beautiful!!

This weekend I finished my scarf and broke my rule a bit and bought one skein of yarn. It was at the State Fair and hand spun. I couldn't resist! But I had finished a project so it was within the rules :D

dustinac
08-06-2007, 09:27 AM
:happydance:The sweater looks wonderful Artlady!!!

I made another buddy bag this weekend... it will go to one of our neices... it is missing the buddy cause I'm not sure if she would want one or which one... :teehee:

misha rf
08-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Thanks, y'all! And ArtLady, please thank your DH for me!
It is Malabrigo (worsted) in Oceanos.

jeanius80
08-07-2007, 11:16 PM
i have decided to inventorey all my yarn, and keep a list of patterns for each yarn (most were bought with a project in mind) ... pray i make it out alive! :)

BostonBecca
08-07-2007, 11:30 PM
I basically just did that with ravelry. It really focused me on getting what I have going to be able to start new projects.

ArtLady1981
08-08-2007, 03:00 AM
i have decided to inventorey all my yarn, and keep a list of patterns for each yarn (most were bought with a project in mind) ... pray i make it out alive! :)

Hi'ya Jeani! :waving: Yup it really helps to do an inventory of all your yarns, and make a hot list of patterns you want to knit in 2007!

Thanks for your support to our thread! Stash on Sister!

suziehomemaker
08-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I agree! Those lists really helped me. It was a challenge to find the perfect patterns for some of the yarn I had bought but it was great to finally match them up.

Good luck!

jeanius80
08-08-2007, 07:06 PM
i got the idea to match them with specific projects from our very own artlady! i remembered awhile back when she told us how she matched yarns with projects using a color coded system and 3x5 cards. i'm not that organized, but i figured writing down what yarns and how much i have, and then the intended project, would be a great reminder as well as an answer for those days when i keep saying to myself "I don't know what to knit!"
now i'll have a list to refer to :mrgreen:

auburnchick
08-12-2007, 06:13 PM
(Also posted in "Whatcha Knitting")

Here's my latest FO. I used this (http://www.spunmag.com/article/050605socks) pattern, which I must say was not my favorite. The toe on the first sock wound up too small, so I had to frog back. Being a somewhat experienced sock knitter, this pair had me :wall:. Go figure...on something so small!

Anyhow, I just love the yarn (purchased in March with a birthday gift certificate), and the fit turned out really good.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/PinkLornasLaces2.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/PinkLornasLaces.jpg

Mulderknitter
08-12-2007, 06:23 PM
:yay:Auburnchick! they look so nice on! Isn't it funny how differrent socks and slippers look on and off? I just made a pair of mary jane slippers, and they look so yucky off, but on they are cute!

Mulderknitter
08-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this, the 1st sweater KAL, the whatcha knitting, or here, but I figured here 1st at least since it's technically stash I'm working on from now until xmas
I started this sweater back in may, knit the back 1st, then the front, got stuck at the neck, put away, did the neck though a bit wonky it turned out, put away again. then yesterday I figured I would have to start getting my butt in gear for holiday knitting if anyone was to get anything at all. :pout: So I took the bin I have by the couch with my knitting upstairs, worked out all of the projects for all of my giftees, (ALL STASH YARN!:woot:) and saw my pretty sweater in progress again. So I cast on today for the sleeve and finished it today. Just one sleeve and the neck to go!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture034-1.jpg
this is the front
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture035.jpg
this is the back and the first sleeve is to the right
I got the pattern from cables untangled, and it really is a quick knit, just a bit confusing if you haven't done some of the stuff before. i did learn about "fully formed decreases" which turns out to be a beautiful way to finish and decrease at the same time. They form a bit of a finished band at the edges of your garment, very pretty.
This is pre-blocking and finishing, the pices really are more uniform than they look right now:muah:

auburnchick
08-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Yes, Mulder, isn't it sad that we can't just ooohhh and aaaahhh our projects without having to wear them? :teehee:

I'm glad you've started working on your sweater again. The cable work is very nice! Keep up with it, and before you know it, you'll be wearing it!

jeanius80
08-12-2007, 11:38 PM
those are very cute little socks, and that sweater is very pretty :)

ArtLady1981
08-20-2007, 06:23 PM
(Also posted in "Whatcha Knitting")

Here's my latest FO. I used this (http://www.spunmag.com/article/050605socks) pattern, which I must say was not my favorite. The toe on the first sock wound up too small, so I had to frog back. Being a somewhat experienced sock knitter, this pair had me :wall:. Go figure...on something so small!

Anyhow, I just love the yarn (purchased in March with a birthday gift certificate), and the fit turned out really good.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/PinkLornasLaces2.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/PinkLornasLaces.jpg

Hi'ya! :waving:

Adorable sockettes! These will be my first socks! I am going to knit some, too! Thanks for the link!!! :hug:

auburnchick
08-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Hiya ArtLady! Long time no "see." How are things going???

School is very, very tough this term. I got through week 1. Eight more to go. Four classes is a bit too much, but I will persevere.

I did take my knitting to my son's drum lessons, but I got sidetracked talking to a friend, so no knitting for me. :(

Then it was back home to work from home and earn a few more $$. ::::::::::Sigh:::::::::::::

I just wanna knit...

So y'all knit for me and post pictures. Let me live vicariously through you for the next few weeks!!!

ArtLady1981
08-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Hiya ArtLady! Long time no "see." How are things going???

School is very, very tough this term. I got through week 1. Eight more to go. Four classes is a bit too much, but I will persevere.

I did take my knitting to my son's drum lessons, but I got sidetracked talking to a friend, so no knitting for me. :(

Then it was back home to work from home and earn a few more $$. ::::::::::Sigh:::::::::::::

I just wanna knit...

So y'all knit for me and post pictures. Let me live vicariously through you for the next few weeks!!!

Hi'ya AuburnChick! :waving:

Been fine with me! We have been taking one week per month for May, June, July, and August to visit our mountain wilderness property on Nighthawk Summit. Get lots of knitting done and little else. Would like to read more...but...I read like I knit: obsessively! I start a book...and don't put it down til it's done..taking only a few hours to sleep! Then whaddya have "in hand"?? A book. Knitting seems so much more productive. I only read non-fiction and biographies, so I do gain knowledge about people and places!

I have been participating in the August Challenge: Cables.
have been making Custom Stitch Markers (thread started in General Knitting). Have finished several sweaters and scarves. And, Sscrapped two OTN's. Just didn't like something about either one of them...so why continue? It felt so good to call it quits, too. Kinda like a bad relationship! Feels better to part ways than to continue for the sake of it! :eyebrow:

Finished a Stash afghan for a granddaughter! (thread in Whatcha Knitting). THAT FELT GOOD! Got rid of all my icky acrylic odds 'n' ends. I like many acrylics...but these were icky acrylics. They make a nice patchwork afghan though...and they were beautiful colors. Don't remember why I bought them!

Well, you stay 'chill'...and keep tryin' to keep knittin'. It saves the sanity! :teehee:

Nice to hear from you! :hug:

Mulderknitter
08-21-2007, 08:34 PM
"poo" it seems as if my year of the stash icon has broken. i keep seeing the icky "x" in my posts. anyone else? is there a fix?

suziehomemaker
08-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Since I have officially run out of room to store my yarn (I can't even close my bins all the way) I am now officially back on the knitting from stash wagon. Boy, it didn't take long!

ArtLady1981
08-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Since I have officially run out of room to store my yarn (I can't even close my bins all the way) I am now officially back on the knitting from stash wagon. Boy, it didn't take long!

Hi'ya Suzie! :notworthy: Welcome aboard the Stash Train! :grphug:

suziehomemaker
08-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks!

I don't think I'll keep track of how long this time. My goal is to knit for awhile on what I have to make room for new projects. Ravelry is not helping with this at all! There are so many projects in my queue that I want to buy the yarn for and start knitting!

ArtLady1981
08-22-2007, 03:39 PM

Just a quick question about Ravelry. (I have not received my "invite" yet.) In your opinion and experience, does Ravelry participation suck up a lot of time?

I know that participating in the KH community (all joy!) sucks up precious time...however, it gives back more than it takes...if you know what I mean! The expenditure of time is worth it.

I do not blog, nor do I participate in any other forums. It just takes so much time to give any forum the time it deserves. You develop precious relationships that keep drawing you back! All joy! :cheering:

But what about adding Ravelry to the roster! Have you felt inundated? Is it, along with KH, eating into your knitting time and household obligations?

What is your take on it? I appreciate your opinion.

jeanius80
08-22-2007, 04:03 PM
that's a great question you posted Artlady!
i am hoping ravelry will help me be more organized. i am always forgetting what size and length of needles i have! and it would be great to have a personal inventory of my stash :| KH is my knitting home, so i don't think i will get too personal on ravelry. i wouldn't have any knitting time then! :pout:

PaperGirl
08-22-2007, 04:16 PM
I adore Ravelry because ts so easy for me to plug in a yarn I have, and I can see all the patterns that people are using that yarn for.

Or I can search for a pattern I want to try, and I see who else has done it, and with what yarn, and how it came out.

Ravelry is how I decided to do Monkeys instead of Jaywalkers this sock around.

I love how I can see how different yarns and different people all use the same pattern, and get bajillion different looks for it.

suziehomemaker
08-22-2007, 04:17 PM
ArtLady - You will love Ravelry. It's a place to organize your projects, both FOs and WIPs, as well as projects that you would like to knit in the future. No need to print out patterns every day, just add them to your queue for when you're ready. I especially like looking at what other people have done with the same pattern. Different yarns, modifications, etc.

Think of it as an online notebook for knitting and crocheting. You'll store your projects, keep a list of your stash, needles & hooks, books - basically anything related to your knitting can be stored here to be referenced when you need it.

The other features that are nice but not great yet are the groups and forums. Their forum will never replace KH but their groups are cool for looking for knitters with similiar interests. For example, I joined the Lace group and I look at the other group members projects for inspiration.

The last thing that I love about Ravelry is the pattern browser. You can enter in criteria based on what you're looking for and you get fairly good results. This will be great for stash busting because you can search on yarn weight and pattern type then maybe you only want free patterns - Boom! You've got 3 pages of patterns with pictures.

The biggest time commitment is setting up your notebook initially but after that I only go to it when I'm looking for a new pattern or updating one of my WIPs. You can save time by taking pictures now of your stash yarn, WIPs and FOs and load everything into a free Flickr account.

Sorry to write a book but it's a big site with lots of possibilities! Make sure you add me as a friend once you get your invite!

ArtLady1981
08-22-2007, 04:24 PM
I adore Ravelry because ts so easy for me to plug in a yarn I have, and I can see all the patterns that people are using that yarn for.

Or I can search for a pattern I want to try, and I see who else has done it, and with what yarn, and how it came out.

Ravelry is how I decided to do Monkeys instead of Jaywalkers this sock around.

I love how I can see how different yarns and different people all use the same pattern, and get bajillion different looks for it.

Thanks for sharing your experience using Ravelry, PaperGirl!
Sounds like a "useful" tool rather than just "fluff" and "fun".

Since I have not been added to the Ravelry Select yet, I don't know all of its possiblities!

ArtLady1981
08-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Question for ya: will a Photobucket account suffice rather than Flickr?

Thanks for the overview of Ravelry's usefulness! I can see that it will take the place of my Excel Yarn Stash Spreadsheet!

How cool to be able to enter a yarn type and quantity in Ravelry search engine (?) and VOILA! be given several choices of patterns that will work! :woohoo:

Let me see....I better patter over to Ravelry.com and see just where I am in the line....:eyes:

Thanks again Suzie! :hug:

Well, I am back. Here is my Ravelry place in line:
Found you!

You signed up on June 21, 2007
You are #10389 on the list.
718 people are ahead of you in line.
17065 people are behind you in line.
35% of the list has been invited so far

PaperGirl
08-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Almost there!

They only use Flickr for now..but Ive heard photobucket is in the works.

If you have a Yahoo account, its a snap to sign up with flickr.

ArtLady1981
08-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Almost there!

They only use Flickr for now..but Ive heard photobucket is in the works.

If you have a Yahoo account, its a snap to sign up with flickr.

Thanks PaperGirl! I am all Flickr-ed now! You are right. It was easy. I had a yahoo account already. Who doesn't these days!?

I let my one photo of my IRISH HIKING SCARF stay "public". Do you do the same?

Why would someone make their photos "private"? For invitation only?

Well, if anyone wants to look at my IHS, they are more than welcome! :eyebrow:

PaperGirl
08-23-2007, 12:03 PM
My Flickr pics are all public. If someone is that in need of seeing some sock yarn and knitting..have at it. :roflhard: My private pics are stored somewhere else.

kellyh57
08-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Why would someone make their photos "private"? For invitation only?

A lot of people use these type of accounts to share pictures with friends and family. They don't really want to share the pictures of their kids on the first day of school with the whole world or whatnot, but they want them visible to their family or friends who may not be close enough to see them. (My sister does exactly that, but with another site...can't remember which.)

Kelly

misha rf
08-23-2007, 05:37 PM
A lot of people use these type of accounts to share pictures with friends and family. They don't really want to share the pictures of their kids on the first day of school with the whole world or whatnot, but they want them visible to their family or friends who may not be close enough to see them. (My sister does exactly that, but with another site...can't remember which.)
Kelly

That's exactly why my pics are private, except for the knitting ones. My husband would flip if I made them public. But it's nice having them available for my family.

misha rf
08-23-2007, 08:08 PM
OK, here are some FOs:

Four more squares for the Victory Junction Gang Camp afghans (Camp Square Crew yahoo group).

A nicer shot of the scarf I made for the Scarves for Soldiers project. This one's Catalina Baby Alpaca Chunky in a farrow rib pattern.

A scarf I made for a swap partner on one of my listservs (same stitch pattern, different yarn). I used Plymouth Encore Chunky for this one.

A baby blankie for my in utero nephew in Caron Simply Soft Quick. This was stash yarn--I used 5 skeins!!

I'm really trying to finish my UFOs. I've gotten bad lately about starting something & then starting something else...knitting ADD strikes again!!:rofl:

ArtLady1981
08-23-2007, 08:36 PM

WONDERFUL WORK! :thumbsup:

YOU ROCK!!

suziehomemaker
08-24-2007, 08:30 AM
I love that stitch pattern on your scarves!

misha rf
08-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks, y'all!

I love that stitch pattern, too. I suspect there will be more of those soon. Well, sort of soon.

misha rf
09-02-2007, 05:09 PM
I've finished up some more afghan squares, along with a couple of bibs (minus the buttons) and a burp cloth. As soon as I get the pics taken, I'll post them.

BostonBecca
09-02-2007, 05:20 PM
I think I forgot to post pictures of my Tempting here.

There are more pictures on my blog.

ArtLady1981
09-03-2007, 08:40 AM
[quote=BostonBecca;951328]I think I forgot to post pictures of my Tempting here.

There are more pictures on my blog.[/quote

Hi'ya Becca! :waving:

Yours is the nicest TEMPTING I have seen! Wonderful work!
Thanks for taking the time to post your photos!

ArtLady1981
09-03-2007, 08:42 AM
I've finished up some more afghan squares, along with a couple of bibs (minus the buttons) and a burp cloth. As soon as I get the pics taken, I'll post them.

Thanks for updating us Misha! :waving: Afghan squares are such great stashbusters! :thumbsup: However, working on a patchwork afghan can seem so daunting! Keep at it! It will 'get there'!

BostonBecca
09-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Thank you ArtLady! I loved your Tempting as well, in fact, seeing the pictures on your daughter (who looked beautiful) sort of lit a fire under me to get it done. It involved ripping out a little, as you know, and redoing, but it was worth it! I really do owe you and the others in the 1st sweater knit a long a lot of thanks for the motivation to do this and to have it turn out so well.

I should have another FO today to share! If not today, then this week.

If anyone ever wants to discuss the modifications I made because they want to make Tempting with longer sleeves, just let me know. It was very simple. I basically just decreased the number of stitches I used for the sleeves by a number divisible by 4 because the number in the pattern was large for my arms and then knit each using an entire ball of the Cashmerino. The goal was 3/4 sleeves and I got almost that. Very simple change, but I am glad I did it, because I like my wool sweaters with long sleeves.

BostonBecca
09-08-2007, 11:01 PM
I have another FO! The fiance and I stayed in tonight and watched a movie and weaved in ends on our projects.

Here is my Grown Up Bonnet. More info on the blog!

Wow, the first picture did not resize well. I am all modern art in it. If you want to see the real picture and see that I am not all technicolor in reality, check the blog.

Thanks!

ArtLady1981
09-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Hi Becca! :waving:

What a beautiful grown up bonnet! Great color for you, too!
Thanks for sharing the photos! I visited your blogspot to see it in living color! :teehee:

You used STASH YARN for it, or was it Rewards Yarn?

Regardless, GREAT PROJECT!!!! :cheering:

ArtLady1981
09-15-2007, 03:15 AM
Well...I have not given up on using my Stash! However, I find myself using my New Yarn Rewards after each Stash Project is done. Well...better than NOT USING ANY STASH AT ALL!

My latest STASH accomplishment is the Saucy Tank Top made from left overs that were threatening to get moths.
Still have 2 skeins of the yarn...and will make MYSELF some neat dishcloths before 2007 ends.

Here is a photo of my Stash project! Left over yarn from KHAKI CABLES ( http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=63653). Plus, tonight I cast on and knit the first 7 rows of the Branching Out Scarf...using the yarn I had left over from OPAL (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=60983) cardigan! I'm feelin' good about using these leftover stashed skeins of yarn! :happydance:

jeanius80
09-16-2007, 09:02 PM
such a pretty camisole! I wish i was stash busting.. but most of my stash is yarns for future FO for me.. :shifty: so i decided i needed to get some of my gifts started (AND finished ;) ) I am about to cast on for the Aran Tam in one-skein for dh's grandma, and then to find a pattern for a scarf for her too. I'll be using jo-ann's sensations dolcetto in a peachy color (it's abut 50/50 wool cotton) does that make it machine washable?
I am more than half done with a pair of peekaboo mittens using my stash of malabrigo (in cuarenta). One down, and second cuff done! :yay: so soft and warm!

BostonBecca
09-16-2007, 09:21 PM
I finished the stole for my grandma, it's blocking right now. I already bought my reward yarn, it's two cones of zephyr DK in white for my chuppah.

I am currently stashbusting with a scarf for my brother that is long overdue, my first pair of socks, and even stashbusting some yarn Michael bought and doesn't want-making a baby blanket out of that based on a stitch pattern he found.

ArtLady1981
09-17-2007, 03:50 AM
such a pretty camisole! I wish i was stash busting.. but most of my stash is yarns for future FO for me.. :shifty: so i decided i needed to get some of my gifts started (AND finished ;) ) I am about to cast on for the Aran Tam in one-skein for dh's grandma, and then to find a pattern for a scarf for her too. I'll be using jo-ann's sensations dolcetto in a peachy color (it's abut 50/50 wool cotton) does that make it machine washable?
I am more than half done with a pair of peekaboo mittens using my stash of malabrigo (in cuarenta). One down, and second cuff done! :yay: so soft and warm!

Hi'ya Jeanie! :waving:

Girl, you are not going to believe this! I just cannot get the hang of Column of Leaves! I got 3 repeats done...then forgot a yarn over in the border...and for the life of me...I couldn't figure out how to fix it. The boo-boo was located in a criss-cross openwork channel. Sigh. So I get frogging back and back...but because the pattern is worked on both sides of the scarf...you never have a 'resting row' to pick up stitches. Anyway, I am so frustrated. I think NOW is not the time for me to do Column Of Leaves. Gads. But, up until the boo-boo...it was looking really beautiful with my stash yarn (leftovers from OPAL).

So I picked up my BORGHILD Viking Cables cardigan again. I really shouldn't be taking these side trips anyways. I took a side trip to knit my DD that Touch of Whimsey II scarf...that took a week from cast on to gifting! Have you seen it!? I am so proud of it. The pattern is worked from the right side only...no yarnovers to forget...just cabling and such. The scarf is 73" long...long enough to do this special wrap for cold weather!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_2910.jpg

I cast on last Sunday...and gave it to her before the Fair this Sunday! She loved it!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_2916.jpg

BostonBecca
09-17-2007, 07:01 AM
That looks great ArtLady!

jeanius80
09-17-2007, 03:56 PM
artlady!that is a beautiful scarf and you knit it in a week! :thud: you are my knitting hero! i lost my mitten pattern while i was knitting the second cuff, so i had to reprint it last night. after i get some household chores out of the way, i will continue on with my second mitten! i think i will use the left overs to make an 'oddball' hat.. just a simple stripy roll brim hat. wing it as i go :)

Pat in Ca
09-18-2007, 12:36 AM
Art Lady.. you are an incredible knitting machine.. but you also have the most beautiful model for your beautiful projects.. she must be the inspiration for your creativity!!
I love her smile!

misha rf
09-18-2007, 10:23 PM
ArtLady, I stand in awe!!! :notworthy:

I've done another bib (4 total)--this one actually used up the last bits of 2 of 3 balls of cotton! :happydance: And some more afghan squares. I'm just glad I'm not the one who sews them up!

I'm also working on some more hats that have a Halloween deadline (both from stash & reward yarn), and squares for Shandeh's White Christmas KAL (stash yarn). Oh, and my first cabled dishcloth with stash cotton! Which has made me feel better about cables (why was I ever apprehensive?)--so much so that I'm knitting Silver's Palindrome hat!

ArtLady1981
09-19-2007, 02:49 AM
ArtLady, I stand in awe!!! :notworthy:

I've done another bib (4 total)--this one actually used up the last bits of 2 of 3 balls of cotton! :happydance: And some more afghan squares. I'm just glad I'm not the one who sews them up!

I'm also working on some more hats that have a Halloween deadline (both from stash & reward yarn), and squares for Shandeh's White Christmas KAL (stash yarn). Oh, and my first cabled dishcloth with stash cotton! Which has made me feel better about cables (why was I ever apprehensive?)--so much so that I'm knitting Silver's Palindrome hat!

Hi Misha! :waving: Thanks for your compliments! Your words mean a lot to me!

I have 5 projects OTN right now...and two of them are STASH projects! :happydance: I just finished a STASH project last week, too.

I am keepin' myself to the guidelines...for every Stash Project completed you are allowed a New Yarn Reward Project. So, the Stash I had on hand in January 2007 HAS DECREASED significantly...but not as much as it woulda had I NOT USED any of my Rewards Yarn. Oh well...that's life!:eyebrow:

lestrella
09-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Artlady, your work is always so beautiful. You are such an inspiration. That's a great picture of your daughter. She is so gorgeous!!

:muah:

ArtLady1981
09-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Artlady, your work is always so beautiful. You are such an inspiration. That's a great picture of your daughter. She is so gorgeous!!

Thanks Lestrella! Your kind words mean a lot! My daughter is as sweet natured as she is pretty! She is a mother of two daughters herself! She turns 30 on Sunday! The BIG THREE-OH! Ohhh the days....

auburnchick
09-20-2007, 07:54 PM
ArtLady,

The scarf...

:passedout:

Of course your daughter loved it!!!! She must enjoy showing off all of these beautiful gifts to friends!!!!

Keep up the hard work, y'all! Alas...my knitting is suffering terribly still. My dd just finished her first (and probably last) project. I did the bind off for her. It was the first time in weks that I've touched my needles. It felt soooooooo good too!

:waah:

I have three more weeks until this term is over. I will be traveling to D.C. for a soccer tournament the weekend of finals, but thanks to my handy-dandy new laptop (Macbook Pro), I'll take my tests on the road. Hopefully, I'll be able to get in some knitting time after exams (one week rest between terms ... sigh) since I am determined to take a project (My 2nd Branching Out) with me.

ArtLady1981
09-20-2007, 08:44 PM
ArtLady,

The scarf...

:passedout:

Of course your daughter loved it!!!! She must enjoy showing off all of these beautiful gifts to friends!!!!

Keep up the hard work, y'all! Alas...my knitting is suffering terribly still. My dd just finished her first (and probably last) project. I did the bind off for her. It was the first time in weks that I've touched my needles. It felt soooooooo good too!

I have three more weeks until this term is over. I will be traveling to D.C. for a soccer tournament the weekend of finals, but thanks to my handy-dandy new laptop (Macbook Pro), I'll take my tests on the road. Hopefully, I'll be able to get in some knitting time after exams (one week rest between terms ... sigh) since I am determined to take a project (My 2nd Branching Out) with me.

Hi'ya Nathalie! :waving: I think you are a WONDER WOMAN! I frankly don't know how all of you busy young women find the time to knit and keep up with KH AND keep up with your own bustling PRIMETIME lifes!

Here is a tidbit of wisdom from your knittin' sister who has "been there, done that"....ya ready?

Do what you can, when you can, with no regrets! :thumbsup:

auburnchick
09-20-2007, 11:35 PM
Do what you can, when you can, with no regrets! :thumbsup:

Oh, I don't have too many regrets, except for when I'm sitting in the middle of a two-hour multiple choice, essay answer test, and I've got a 600 page book in front of me that's supposed to have all the answers to those 28 little questions somewhere...

:wall::wall::wall:

That was me...tonight. But God was good. He gave us Google, wireless internet, and Motrin. I only missed two questions. :thumbsup:

Oh, and this wonder woman thing...

I think that anyone who raises five children and knits the way you do...that's truly a WONDER!

:heart:::::::::::::::love fest::::::::::::::::::::heart:

Sorry...I think I'm delirious. Two tests...same day...too much...

Probably a good thing that I'm not trying to work on Branching Out, eh? Better leave it in the ole knitting bag, or else...FROG, FROG, FROG...

...going to bed now...

:roflhard:

misha rf
09-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Auburnchick, I hope it's getting a little better!! Nothing like school on top of everything else. I remind myself of that when I start thinking I might want to get another degree.

My sister loved the baby bibs, burp cloths & blanket. She's asked for more burp cloths, b/c she doesn't have anything like that. I've got a ton of Peaches & Creme in the stash. :rofl:

I finished Silver's Palindrome hat, and another stockinette hat. I've got a ribbed hat in the works. I figure that the hats I'm making with the Plymouth Encore will leave me enough to make one afghan square with each color. I also finished a square for Sandy's White Christmas KAL (with enough left over for a regular afghan square). I really need to find what I did with the dang camera cord. Of course, the Husband keeps moving the camera, which doesn't help, either!! And some additional time in the day to knit wouldn't hurt either...

suziehomemaker
09-27-2007, 05:01 PM
September is almost over and I'm done going to fiber festivals so - I'm back on the "knitting from my stash" train!

I added a counter to my blog again and I've got plenty of yarn to knit for at least 6 months. My personal rules are no purchases of yarn (I have run out of storage space) with the one exception of charity knitting projects. My reasoning is that the charity knitting gets knit up immediately. I'm participating in several of the Oddball projects and if I don't have yarn meeting the requirements I'm not going to stop myself from buying it.

My only concern is that I've got a trip to London planned for October and I've heard that they have very nice yarn shops there . . .

ArtLady1981
09-28-2007, 01:24 AM
September is almost over and I'm done going to fiber festivals so - I'm back on the "knitting from my stash" train!

I added a counter to my blog again and I've got plenty of yarn to knit for at least 6 months. My personal rules are no purchases of yarn (I have run out of storage space) with the one exception of charity knitting projects. My reasoning is that the charity knitting gets knit up immediately. I'm participating in several of the Oddball projects and if I don't have yarn meeting the requirements I'm not going to stop myself from buying it.

My only concern is that I've got a trip to London planned for October and I've heard that they have very nice yarn shops there . . .

Hi'ya Susie! :waving: Yup, I'm in! My goal for the next 6 months: KNIT ONLY FROM STASH. Til now, I have been using my NEW YARN REWARDS...however, I want to forego that for at least 6 months! :thumbsup:

suziehomemaker
09-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Hi'ya Susie! :waving: Yup, I'm in! My goal for the next 6 months: KNIT ONLY FROM STASH. Til now, I have been using my NEW YARN REWARDS...however, I want to forego that for at least 6 months! :thumbsup:

So we're in it together! This will be a fun challenge with Christmas coming!

misha rf
09-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Pictures!! I've got pictures!! :woot:

I need to get *back* on the stash train...when I went to visit my sister last weekend, I bought some yarn at a couple of local stores (gotta do my part to stimulate the local economy, right?). Some of it was stuff I've admired but haven't seen locally, so I didn't feel too badly about it. :rofl: And SAFF is coming up in about a month--I'm sure I won't be able to walk out of there w/o buying some gorgeous hand-dyed stuff!

But I digress...

So, first up are the bibs that I made. There's one more that needs the button sewn on, but I can't find it right now.

Next is the owl dishcloth.

Then, my yellow afghan squares, as modeled by our cat, Autumn. She was actually sleeping on them--pins and all!! Needless to say, these got re-washed.

And finally, a collection of hats for my friend in MN who's collecting them for families who survived the flooding, along with the red afghan squares.

BostonBecca
09-28-2007, 01:41 PM
I am almost done with my scarf for my brother. I started the hat for him as well.

I am so not done with those projects, but I don't care. I am buying reward yarn anyways. I did finish the shawl for my Grandma. She loves it and it makes me happy that she has something nice and handmade to keep her warm in the air conditioning.

I passed the NH bar exam and there shall be reward yarn.

Mulderknitter
09-28-2007, 04:15 PM
I love it. I made it through the week... do I get reward yarn????:roflhard:

ArtLady1981
09-28-2007, 05:18 PM

I need to get *back* on the stash train...when I went to visit my sister last weekend, I bought some yarn at a couple of local stores (gotta do my part to stimulate the local economy, right?). Some of it was stuff I've admired but haven't seen locally, so I didn't feel too badly about it. :rofl: And SAFF is coming up in about a month--I'm sure I won't be able to walk out of there w/o buying some gorgeous hand-dyed stuff!

But I digress...

So, first up are the bibs that I made. There's one more that needs the button sewn on, but I can't find it right now.

Then, my yellow afghan squares, as modeled by our cat, Autumn. She was actually sleeping on them--pins and all!! Needless to say, these got re-washed.

And finally, a collection of hats for my friend in MN who's collecting them for families who survived the flooding, along with the red afghan squares.

Thanks so much for the update and all the neat photos! :cheering:

I bought a book from Amazon last week that has that very bib pattern in it!! I love it! What yarn did you use, or, what yarn would you recommend for a bib? I am so out of the loop when it comes to 'practical' baby things like bibs, soakers, etc. What yarn will wash and dry well; what yarn will absorb well. I have a boatload of Sugar 'n' Cream cotton. Would that work? Or would it look like crap within a month's washings like dishcloths do? :shrug:

Well, all your knitting is just great! I pretty sure you have been knitting most all that neat stuff from Stash! :thumbsup:

ArtLady1981
09-28-2007, 05:20 PM
I am almost done with my scarf for my brother. I started the hat for him as well.

I am so not done with those projects, but I don't care. I am buying reward yarn anyways. I did finish the shawl for my Grandma. She loves it and it makes me happy that she has something nice and handmade to keep her warm in the air conditioning.

You deserve it! :grphug: Group Hug! :thumbsup:

misha rf
09-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Congrats, BostonBecca!!!! :woohoo::cheering::yay::woot::happydance:

ArtLady, I used both Sugar & Cream & Peaches & Creme for the bibs. I've got no idea how they'll hold up--depends on how often they get used, I suppose. I've only made one other dishcloth with it that gets used every now & then & consequently hasn't been washed that often.

Doodknitwit
09-28-2007, 06:29 PM
:yay::yay::yay: :woohoo: :blooby: :blooby: :waving: :happydance:

auburnchick
09-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Great job ladies!!! I just love the photos!

Congratulations, BostonBecca, on passing the bar!

I have one more week of school, so hopefully I can add to your beautiful pictures soon!

Keep up the good work, ladies! You keep me inspired!

ArtLady1981
10-01-2007, 12:38 AM

But I digress...

Hi'ya Misha! :waving: I ordered a Mason-Dixon book from Amazon, and it arrived quickly! The bib pattern is in it...but OMG...you hardly need the pattern after ONE BIB, huh?!
I like the idea they had in there: prior to a baby shower...teach several gals how to knit (if they don't already know how)...and each of you knit one or two or three bibs in your own yarn choice and color choice...and just load that momma up with bibs from y'all as a little something "extra" to your personal gift!

I have some Peaches'n'Cream in my stash.....:thumbsup:...and we have a new baby at our church....:eyebrow:.

BostonBecca
10-01-2007, 07:14 AM
This hat (and the scarf I now can finish-it's 75% done- because I know how much yarn I have left over from the hat) are long overdue for my brother.

Hope you (and my brother) like it!

misha rf
10-01-2007, 10:16 AM
BostonBecca, what a pretty hat!! Where did you get that pattern??

ArtLady, you're right about that. I swear, after the first one, I haven't used the book for the bib pattern since. :rofl: I still have to look for the burp cloth--I can never remember how many to cast on.

BostonBecca
10-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks Misha!

The pattern can be found here: http://orangefishknits.blogspot.com/2007/01/lace-slant-hat.html

I used KnitPicks Andean Silk in Barn Red and I added one ten-row repeat before beginning the decreases. I think the hat would be too small for an average size head it that yarn with only 4 total pattern repeats. It's a good idea to try this hat on before the decreases to see if you need to do one more repeat. With the extra ten rows I added I needed just over one skein of the yarn.

grandmaknit
10-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Please count me in. I inherited my mom's stash and had enough of my own under my bed in plastic cases and in our closet.My husband offered to build an extension on our house! What a guy! I have a question on one of my baby sweaters - - can I ask for help?! Thnks,
Grandmaknit.

jeanius80
10-01-2007, 01:37 PM
ask aaway!:)
congrats bostonbecca! that is a great hat. i thought it was grumperina's odessa hat.

those are very cute bibs too :)

ArtLady1981
10-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Hi BostonBecca! WOW! Great Hat! Thanks for the pattern link. I saved it! Great Stashbuster! Thanks for taking the time to post photos for us! :thumbsup:

Mulderknitter
10-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Welcome grandmaknit! You can always ask questions! We love being able to help!
I have been away from the posting here for a bit, but not away from the stashbusting. I have been feverishly working on some xmas gifts so that I am not behind, but for every xmas gift I have been "gifting" myself with either yarn or a fo for myself.
Recent fo for myself:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture061.jpg
Made with my yummy state fair buy yarn. this was a reward for figuring out my first pair of mittens, a gift for my mom:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture043.jpg
Close up there are a few holes, and they are a bit big, but they are mittens! and they even LOOK like mittens!
I also finished the ENTIRE PAIR of these:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture041.jpg
They are the Uptown Boot Socks from favorite socks in knit picks essentials. This is the first pair of socks completed that I am keeping!
this:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture034-1.jpg
Still needs another sleeve and the neck, then to block and seam. Very quick when I work on it, but boring to work on. my first sweater, if I ever finish I will let you know!:hair:

BostonBecca
10-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I finished the scarf that goes with the hat! I can't wait to send them to my brother.

ArtLady1981
10-06-2007, 05:08 PM
I finished the scarf that goes with the hat! I can't wait to send them to my brother.

Waaay to go girl! :thumbsup: I couldn't see the pattern stitch on the darker color scarf, but if it is half as nice as the raspberry (?) scarf...WOW!

A knitted gift is such a wonderful gift! I am so motivated to finish a knitted project when it is a gift!

Thanks for taking time to post photos for us! :waving:

misha rf
10-09-2007, 02:23 PM
All the pretty FOs!! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

I've got some to add. :rofl:

Three stockinette hats in Plymouth Encore Chunky (took the remaining 2 skeins from my stash! :woohoo:)

And another Palindrome Hat, from Silver's lovely pattern, done in Plymouth Encore Worsted. I bought that yarn while visiting my sister in Kansas City.

ArtLady1981
10-09-2007, 05:22 PM
:waving:Ohhhhh Misha! I love the orchid color! Very nice for that hat!! WOW! Thanks for taking time to share photos! :thumbsup:

madametj
10-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey stashies! Alls i can say is its good to be back!!

any-ho, does anyone know what is wrong with my year of the stash button?

BostonBecca
10-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Welcome back! I have been stash busting and buying reward yarn and having a great time knitting, but it is great to have you back on the stash busting thread!

auburnchick
10-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey Madame! How's school going??

madametj
10-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Welcome back! I have been stash busting and buying reward yarn and having a great time knitting, but it is great to have you back on the stash busting thread!

Thanks so much Becca:hug: Great job with the stash busting! ;)

Hey Madame! How's school going??

well, actually, idk if i mentioned this b4, but due to homeschool credit problems, i'll be graduating a year later than i planned, so i'm a junior again:oops:

but on the bright side, I took up guitar this year, joined student counsel, cheerleading, yearbook, and i'm being considered for the National Honor Society!

ArtLady1981
10-10-2007, 03:40 AM
Thanks so much Becca:hug: Great job with the stash busting! ;)

well, actually, idk if i mentioned this b4, but due to homeschool credit problems, i'll be graduating a year later than i planned, so i'm a junior again:oops:

but on the bright side, I took up guitar this year, joined student counsel, cheerleading, yearbook, and i'm being considered for the National Honor Society!

Hello madam! :waving: You are really a wonderful young woman! WOW you are busy! Well, take advantage of EVERY OPPORTUNITY that comes your way...while you have youth and energy on your side! TeeHee! :teehee:

Luv the fact that you are with us once again! :hug:

auburnchick
10-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Sorry to hear about that, but there is a purpose in everything.

Can't wait to see some FO's, when you have time!

bravobabe
10-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Hello all,

I'm fairly new and old to the forum. I joined a while back, but could never find the time knit and post. I just started back knitting with a vengence. It all came about when my husband declared we were having a garage sale and trotted out my bins on unused yarn.

We're talking yarn well hoarded and coveted. When he noticed that there were at least two bins that "somehow" never made it to the selling floor, he made me promise that since I really, really wanted to keep it I would have to use it. Or next year its history.

I have to admit some of the yarn I put up for sale was crap and needless alot of it remained unpurchased. I guess everyone's got crap yarn of their own.

So far, I managed to finish a bella paquita sweater with some thousand year old jiffy mohair yarn I dont think they make any more. So I'm on it. Off to the next stash.

Mulderknitter
10-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Hello all,

I'm fairly new and old to the forum. I joined a while back, but could never find the time knit and post. I just started back knitting with a vengence. It all came about when my husband declared we were having a garage sale and trotted out my bins on unused yarn.

We're talking yarn well hoarded and coveted. When he noticed that there were at least two bins that "somehow" never made it to the selling floor, he made me promise that since I really, really wanted to keep it I would have to use it. Or next year its history.

I have to admit some of the yarn I put up for sale was crap and needless alot of it remained unpurchased. I guess everyone's got crap yarn of their own.

So far, I managed to finish a bella paquita sweater with some thousand year old jiffy mohair yarn I dont think they make any more. So I'm on it. Off to the next stash.
:passedout:I'm appalled! I would have drop kicked that DH so fast he would never know what hit him if he thought he would pick up MY yarn for the garage sale. Next year try selling his stash of tools or records or computer what not's. :roflhard:

madametj
10-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Hello madam! :waving: You are really a wonderful young woman! WOW you are busy! Well, take advantage of EVERY OPPORTUNITY that comes your way...while you have youth and energy on your side! TeeHee! :teehee:

Luv the fact that you are with us once again! :hug:

thank you so much, you always give such nice compliments!:aww:

welcome back to KH bravobabe. you hold on to your stash for dear life!

madametj
10-14-2007, 01:44 AM
The StashBuster thread has been updated! Now go bust some stash people! (the link is in my sig)

auburnchick
10-21-2007, 12:15 PM
So, has anyone been busy on any projects? Although my school term ended, I had to jump right into another term.

BUT, I have a booga bag OTN for my sister for Christmas. I've been taking it in the car and working on it at red lights on my way to work each day. I'm managing to get about a round done each day. Not fast progress, but progress none the less. This class term will end on Dec. 16th, so I can't wait to work on it. Plus, I'm taking three classes this term, so my plate is full once again.

Anyhow, y'all's pictures inspire me for when I'm completely done with school and can knit, knit, knit!

ArtLady1981
10-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi AuburnChick! :waving:

I am currently knitting a Branching Out Scarf using leftover yarn from the OPAL cardigan I knit earlier in the year!

I also made 4 FABULOUS dishcloths for myself recently, using leftover yarn (white mercerized cotton from that KHAKI CABLES cardigan I knit earlier in the year)! Boy o boy! Even though the yarn is too expensive to go out and buy deliberately for dishcloths...it sure beats the quality of other cottons I have used in the past! These dishcloths are the best ones I ever made! :happydance:

I finished a baby cardigan and bonnet last week, using lavendar cotton I acquired in a yarn swap! It is featured in Whatcha Knitting, under title FO: baby cardigan and hat.

And, I am working on 3 "rewards yarn" projects as well...two are scarves...and one is a BIG PROJECT...a Viking Cables Cardigan...I started it during the August Challenge. Sigh. It is taking so long because I keep making too many "side trips"! I worked faithfully on the BACK last week, over our week wilderness trip..our last trip until next May. The BACK of the cardigan is all stocking stitch. I am bored to tears...however, the yarn is yummy...the only payoff!
Both Fronts are done...so after the BACK is finally done...it is on to the sleeves...with cabled cuffs to make things more interesting!

I work on the 3 scarves to break the monotony! But, the BACK of the cardigan was good for traveling in the truck for six hours!

Stay in Touch! :grphug:

Hugs,

Artlady

auburnchick
10-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Wowser!!! You're a busy lady! I've been too busy to keep up with FOs posted in Whatcha Knitting, unfortunately. I'm sure I've missed more beautiful pictures of your work.

I have another Branching Out OTN -- for a friend who made my daughter a soccer scrapbook for her birthday. Alas, though, it waits in the wings. It's not a project you can pick up and work, unfocused. It needs a lot of TLC, so I'll probably finish it during my Christmas vacation -- a solid two weeks of no school! I cannot wait!

The dishcloths sound wonderful. I still have the pattern you sent me way back when...probably around the time you started this thread. I plan to make some once school is done for good...wanna have a Knitting Party with me when I graduate?? :teehee:

Anyhow, it's nice to hear from you. You've been WAY too quiet! All I hear is the sound of those knitting needles working furiously! Lucky you! :clink:

BostonBecca
10-22-2007, 12:10 AM
You guys can see my sock progress and baby blanket progress on my blog!

ArtLady1981
10-22-2007, 12:26 PM
You guys can see my sock progress and baby blanket progress on my blog!

Hi Becca! :waving: Loved reading through your BLOG site! Great photos...of everything from food to scenery, with an occasional cat thrown in for spice! Wow, wonderful receiving those two books from this mysterious "M" individual!!
M is for MmmmmagnificientMan perhaps??!! :teehee:

Anyhoo....the knitting looks wonderful...and is progressing at a nice pace! Afterall...you're a very busy hardworking young woman!! I don't know how you do it!

:cheering::cheering::cheering:Kudos to you! :cheering::cheering::cheering:

BostonBecca
10-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Thank you ArtLady!

I feel like I don't have as much time to knit as I would like!

I don't know how you continuously turn out such gorgeous handknits, it's highly impressive to me.

M stand for Michael or my magnificent man.

Yarnmouse
11-18-2007, 11:45 PM
I have no idea if I'm doing this right, as this is the first time I've posted on KH. However, I've been lurking on this thread for a long time. I really appreciate all your chat and suggestions on using up stash. I currently have a 10ft x 20ft storage unit full of yarn, as well as a craft room stuffed with yarn and a bunch stored in my mom's basement. Think I have a problem? ;) I'm using it up as fast as I can, mostly making charity projects. However, I am still making yarn purchases, even though I'm not buying it nearly as much as I used to. I really need to start reducing the stash as SABLE was surpassed ages ago. ;)
EnjoY!
Tammy

ArtLady1981
11-19-2007, 09:31 AM
I have no idea if I'm doing this right, as this is the first time I've posted on KH. However, I've been lurking on this thread for a long time. I really appreciate all your chat and suggestions on using up stash. I currently have a 10ft x 20ft storage unit full of yarn, as well as a craft room stuffed with yarn and a bunch stored in my mom's basement. Think I have a problem? ;) I'm using it up as fast as I can, mostly making charity projects. However, I am still making yarn purchases, even though I'm not buying it nearly as much as I used to. I really need to start reducing the stash as SABLE was surpassed ages ago. ;)
EnjoY!
Tammy

:waving:Hi Tammy!

Welcome aboard the Stash Train! Hey, I was reading the best book recently! It is called Mason-Dixon Knitting. Have you seen it?
Mason Dixon Knitting (http://www.amazon.com/Mason-Dixon-Knitting-Knitters-Patterns-Questions/dp/0307236056)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51S60SVE2CL._AA240_.jpg

Anyway, these two friends have a lot of patterns and such that will use up stash. I was especially impressed with their "Log cabin" blanket. The concept is so way easy...so seaming...you start at the middle and work out. You can use random bits of stash, or "plan" a color concept. They have lots of examples. They said that they always have a log cabin going. As soon as they finish a project...they knit the remaining yarn into/onto their log cabin! (Probably same weight yarn)

Nice to meet a new Stash Sister! Keep in touch...and by being "Stash Minded"...you will release all that precious stash yarn from what I call "Yarn Jail"! :teehee:

Yarnmouse
11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
I was especially impressed with their "Log cabin" blanket. The concept is so way easy...so seaming...you start at the middle and work out. You can use random bits of stash, or "plan" a color concept. They have lots of examples. They said that they always have a log cabin going. As soon as they finish a project...they knit the remaining yarn into/onto their log cabin! (Probably same weight yarn)

Yes, I love that book! :inlove: I have made many log cabins, was well as other items from that book. My favorite way to do the log cabins is to start with a picture dishcloth as the center square. You just knit the dishcloth as normal, using whatever yarn you are going to have for the afghan. Then you start doing the log cabin strips along the edges, just like normal. They come out really nice and are especially good for babies and children. However I've also made them for adults, depending on the picture and the colors.

Hope this helps you use up stash! :)

Enjoy!
Tammy

Braden
11-19-2007, 06:16 PM
YOTS is drawing to a close isn't it? Will there be a Year Of The Stash 2008?

ArtLady1981
11-19-2007, 09:53 PM
YOTS is drawing to a close isn't it? Will there be a Year Of The Stash 2008?

Yes, Braden, I definitely think we will start a fresh new thread called the Year of the Stash 2008. Matter of fact, now that you mention it, perhaps we (I?) should get folks thinking about it RIGHT NOW...in preparation for it! That will give folks a few weeks head-start to organize all that wonderful yarn that is languishing in YARN JAIL!

By starting a fresh new thread, folks can read the posts from the get-go...not 125 pages of 2007 posts ! A little overwhelming, eh?

I have certainly enjoyed the support from other knitters who also feel overwhelmed by the size of their Yarn Stash! I have done well at reducing the size of the Stash I had on hand in January 2007.
I have used my REWARDS yarn many times...but that's ok! Ya can't completely avoid a yarn purchases altogether! It wouldn't be natural! ;)

I may have time tonight to get that thread rollin'!

Thanks for the idea and input! :thumbsup:

BostonBecca
11-20-2007, 01:10 PM
I need a year of the Stash 2008. I am also doing a "socially and environmentally responsible yarn year" for 2008. All the yarn I buy next year will be hopefully both of those things, but at least one (so Malabrigo and Manos are in-the womens collectives make them ok for me). It will cut down on the buying for sure, because the options will be limited but will also up the price of individual skeins, but that is fine, because of the large, larger, larger stash!

ArtLady1981
11-21-2007, 04:23 PM
I need a year of the Stash 2008. I am also doing a "socially and environmentally responsible yarn year" for 2008. All the yarn I buy next year will be hopefully both of those things, but at least one (so Malabrigo and Manos are in-the womens collectives make them ok for me). It will cut down on the buying for sure, because the options will be limited but will also up the price of individual skeins, but that is fine, because of the large, larger, larger stash!

Hi Rebecca! Thanks for supporting us for 2008 Year of the Stash!

What defines yarn as "socially and environmentally responsible"?
Sounds like a great cause! Is there a "group" to join?

Miley384
11-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Lol! Me too!

Yarnmouse
11-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Yes, Braden, I definitely think we will start a fresh new thread called the Year of the Stash 2008. Matter of fact, now that you mention it, perhaps we (I?) should get folks thinking about it RIGHT NOW...in preparation for it! That will give folks a few weeks head-start to organize all that wonderful yarn that is languishing in YARN JAIL!

That sounds like a GREAT idea! :cheering: Please do post a link to it when you get it started. I'm still having trouble finding things around here. :aww: If you post a link I might be able to actually find it! I have had to purchase a bunch of yarn for holiday presents and requests. This has seriously slowed down my stashbusting. I'm hoping that after the first of the year I can get back to it and put more time into it.

EnjoY!

Tammy