PDA

View Full Version : Need prayers UPDATEDPrayers answered YaHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

momwolf
01-20-2007, 10:59 PM
My son is a door gunner on a BlackHawk helicopter and we just heard on the news today that one went down with 13 onboard.Please don't let it be Jeff.Hes only 21 and only been over there 4 months.WEe could use all the prayers we can get right now.Thank you all.

mimi
01-20-2007, 11:00 PM
My prayer is for you and your son tonight.
May he come home safe to you.

BinkyKat
01-20-2007, 11:05 PM
:hug: :heart: :hug:
Hoping for the best news that he is safe and sound. And when you get a chance, thank him for his strength to serve and protect our country!
:notworthy:

sunshinex2
01-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Jeff is definitley in our prayers! :hug: May the Lord keep and protect each and everyone of our fine young men and women. May they all come home safe to their families. :heart:

landolphe
01-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Julie-

Add my prayers to yours. May God's shield be over your son in his hours of danger.

Grace and Peace,

XbelovedXoneX
01-20-2007, 11:56 PM
:hug: :muah:
My thoughts are with you and your family.

ChroniclesofYarnia
01-21-2007, 12:00 AM
I'm so sorry. We'll be praying for the soldiers, and will put them on the prayer list at church tomorrow. :hug:

jdee
01-21-2007, 12:14 AM
I'll be praying for Jeff.

stipma
01-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Jeff is in my prayers. So are you as the 'not knowing' must be absolutely dreadful.

psammeadred
01-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Oh, momwolf, I can't imagine how worried you must be. I'll be praying for you and your family.

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should quake and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea." Ps. 46:1-2

momwolf
01-21-2007, 12:56 AM
:muah: :hug: :muah: :hug:
Gregg( DH) and Iwant to thank you all for your prayers!It really is the not knowing thats the hardest to take.They also won't let those guys e-mail for days so the names of the guys doesn't get out before the families are notified.Would be so nice if he could just e-mail us.Sorry I'm babbling.Just wanted to thank everyone :muah: :muah:

niffer
01-21-2007, 06:37 AM
I so hope everything works out alright for you. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and your family.

Please keep us updated.

:muah:

Mama Bear
01-21-2007, 07:31 AM
Praying and watching for an update. :pray:

:grphug:

Mama Bear

dustinac
01-21-2007, 09:43 AM
I hope you hear from him soon.. all the heroes are in our prayers and their amazing families... will keep Jeff and you in our prayers... :hug: :heart: :hug:

snowbear
01-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Big bear hugs, and know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us informed, and when you can.. thank Him for serving Our Country.

:hug: :pray:

cookworm
01-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Julie--we'll pray for your son and his unit. I truly hope that he is safe. I am very thankful that he and other men and women are bravely sacrificing for our country and for the freedom for other countries throughout the world, but being a mom myself, I can't imagine how this must be (although I might know some day...my son wants to be an Air Force pilot when he grows up). :muah: :hug: :heart: :pray:

GennyLynn1962
01-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Your son is in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope all is well and you will hear from him soon. Please let him know that what he is doing is appreciated and that we do think about all of the service people that are there.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Jan in CA
01-21-2007, 02:06 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

nadja la claire
01-21-2007, 02:25 PM
You and your family are in my thoughts. I can't imagine what you are going through. My cousin's wife had some real scary days when he was in Afghanistan and in Iraq. I hope everything is alright. Please keep us posted. :hug: :grphug: :pray:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

janelanespaintbrush
01-21-2007, 02:53 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart: :hug: :hug: :hug:

HamburgKnitter
01-21-2007, 03:15 PM
I hope you hear from you son soon. :hug:

stitchwitch
01-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Positive, positive vibes being sent your way! I hope you hear good news very soon. You'll be in my thoughts. :hug:

Denise in Michigan
01-21-2007, 03:30 PM
My prayers are with you, too.

Ronda
01-21-2007, 03:35 PM
I'll be praying....

mrs desert rain
01-21-2007, 05:32 PM
:hug:

Virtuella
01-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Ill be praying..

Silver
01-21-2007, 07:14 PM
I hope no news is good news!
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

momwolf
01-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Thank you all :muah: :muah: We have decided we would of heard from the ARMY by now if Jeff was on the helicopter.Still feel for the other soldiers that went down in that helicopter and their families.This was our first scare and probably won't be our last but it sure helped knowing everyone on KH was thinking and praying for Jeff.Thanks again and it REALLY helped surfing KH to try and make the night go faster.
:hug: :muah: :hug: :muah: :hug: :muah:
Thank you again everyone who wrote me a note !!!!!!!! You just don't know how much we appreciated it :heart:

mks22300
01-21-2007, 07:53 PM
:hug: :hug: I hope your son and his unit are safe! My cousin is suppose to be deployed sometime next month and we're all very worried about him. :hug: :hug:

stitchwitch
01-21-2007, 08:05 PM
I kept checking back hoping for an update, thankfully it was the update I was hoping for.
My thoughts are with the families of the soldiers that perished and those that they loved.

purlwise
01-21-2007, 08:10 PM
God Bless your family and son, my thoughts are with you. It's horrible to have heard that news on tv today, and knowing someone who may be involved is really humbling. My prayers are with you, please keep us updated.

GennyLynn1962
01-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Your family, and especially your son will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

:hug: :hug:

Silver
01-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Julie, thank you to you, your son and your whole family for the sacrifices you make for the rest of us. And thank you to every soldier and family across the country.

And for anyone else who wants to thank a soldier, check out this link....
LETS SAY THANKS (http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1280.html)
You can send a FREE thank you postcard to a soldier right now. I've checked the validity of this and it is indeed real, and free. I try to send a postcard every day.

dustinac
01-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Julie, thank you to you, your son and your whole family for the sacrifices you make for the rest of us. And thank you to every soldier and family across the country.

Couldn't have said it better!!! Prayers for you and your family.. prayers for all our heroes and their families... :hug: :heart: :hug:

auburnchick
01-22-2007, 12:59 PM
This was a good reminder that I need to be praying for these men and women EVERY day...

Please let us know when you hear from him.

And for anyone else who wants to thank a soldier, check out this link....
LETS SAY THANKS
You can send a FREE thank you postcard to a soldier right now. I've checked the validity of this and it is indeed real, and free. I try to send a postcard every day.

The school I work at had two computers set up for this purpose during Thanksgiving/Christmas. It was wonderful to see students coming in to send these each day.

Nikki
01-22-2007, 01:18 PM

Silver is right. It's not only the young men and women that sacrifice. It's the Moms and Dads who try so hard to be courageous while their children are over there. So thank you, to all the moms and dads who keep the upper lip stiff and the steel in their backbones. I admire your strength. I will keep your son and all the troops in my prayers.

momwolf
01-22-2007, 05:54 PM
THNK YOU THANK YOU :muah: :muah: :muah: For all your support,I plan on sending everyone of these posts to him. I know he and his friends will really appreciate all the kind words and support.We haven't heard from Jeff yet but as I said before they shut down all e-mails for a week.But as soon as e-mail is up I will be sending him all your kind words :muah: :muah:
Julie & Gregg

suzq85
01-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Please know that we're praying for your family and also all involved in the fight in Iraq or any where our men and women are fighting for our freedom. We sure do appreciate the sacrifices! God bless all!

VictoiseC
01-23-2007, 01:19 PM
I woke up thinking about you and your son and family Julie.
My prayers are with you also and I hope you hear from him soon.

imported_Knitty_Kat
01-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Hello, Julie. I hope all is going well with you and your family now. It's good to know you're at ease now. I can't imagine how you must feel. My husband served in the Marines so I do know what an amazing sacrifice it is. Please thank Jeff for taking on the honorable job of protecting our Nation for us.

momwolf
01-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Got home from work today and there was a e-mail fromJeff!!!!!!! :blooby: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :woot: :happydance: :cheering: :woot: Says it was a National Guard helicopter.He's flying alot so will still have to worry as moms and dads do :pray: I'm copying these posts and sending them to him :cheering: Thanks again for all your support :muah:
Julie & Gregg
AND Jeff

mimi
01-23-2007, 07:18 PM
What a relief. I don't even know you but as one mother to another I feel your emotions and I am happy.

Mama Bear
01-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Edited: If you sent these comments to your son he will wonder why I posted what I did... not sure how that post ended up here. Now I wonder where the post I thought I put here ended up.

So glad you heard from your son. Will continue to pray for his safety and that of all those serving.

Mama Bear

mrs.hre
01-23-2007, 07:47 PM
hi
my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. my husband company builds the black hawks. please keep my posted.

jdee
01-23-2007, 07:47 PM
:cheering: :cheering: HOORAYYY! I'm so glad you heard from him!

Mariblue
01-23-2007, 07:55 PM
That's really great news! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Mariblue

mrs.hre
01-23-2007, 07:59 PM
not sure what you are talking about. i wrote i was praying for that boy in the service

mks22300
01-23-2007, 08:43 PM
You must have been so relieved to hear from him!

kimmie
01-23-2007, 11:59 PM
momwolf,

I didn't read this thread until today. I am so glad that your son is okay. We do pray for "the soldiers in Iraq" every single day and when we know of a specific person we pray extra for them. We'll pray extra for your son now.

One thing that our neighbor did when her son was in Iraq was she laminated pictures of him in uniform and had as many people as she could think of put the pictures on their refrigerators so that many times every day they would see him and think of him and pray for him. It really was neat and worked so well. We kept Glen's picture up on our refrigerator and it was such a happy day when we were able to take that picture down because he was safely home.

If you want to send me your son's picture, I promise to put him on my refrigerator :)

Much love and hugs,
:heart: kimmie

GennyLynn1962
01-24-2007, 08:59 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :blooby: :blooby: :cheering: :cheering:

I am soooo glad your son is ok, and that you finally got to hear from him.

cookworm
01-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Thank God he is okay--I'm so happy to hear that!!! :muah: :cheering:

Kaydee
01-24-2007, 11:04 AM
I just read this today and I can't imagine what you were going through while you waited to hear from your son. I'm beyond glad to hear that he is alright. Its such a great thing that he does, fighting for our country. Whether we agree on the war or not, I think most people do agree that we should support the troops and keep them and their families in our thoughts and prayers. My prayers are with you and I hope your son continues to stay safe. :muah: :hug:

Doublereeder2
01-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Thank our good Lord. I will continue to keep you, your family and your son in my prayers-

Sanibelle
01-24-2007, 12:44 PM
I also just saw this post for the first time today. I am so happy that your son is safe and I will pray for his safe return home.

Please let me know if there is anything that your son needs. We (the people I work with) have been sending care packages to the troops overseas and we would be happy to add your son to the list of people we send to.

Lynn

BinkyKat
01-24-2007, 11:33 PM
:hug: Wonderful news for you and your son!! Prayers to the National Guard folks, hope all were ok :heart:

momwolf
01-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Sanibelle wrote

Please let me know if there is anything that your son needs. We (the people I work with) have been sending care packages to the troops overseas and we would be happy to add your son to the list of people we send to.

Thank you for your post. Jeff has so many people sending him care packages he really doesn't need anything,so send to those who really need them.I REALLY appreicate your offer though :muah:

Kimmie,
Thanks for your post and I am putting Jeffs pic on KH so I hope you can copy it.That is such a good idea.Thank you so much :muah:

To all of you who posted here, our family was very touched by all of the responses to our need of prayers.Thank you all again :muah: :hug:

nadja la claire
01-25-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm so happy your son is ok and I'm sorry that he has to be in harms way. I'm so very grateful to your son and all the men and women like him who so bravely go into danger. It's very sad that families like yours have to make such a great sacrifice. You and your family, especially your son and his comrades, will remain in my thoughts :pray:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

PS. He is a very handsome young man!!!!!

kimmie
01-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Jeff's picture is now on my refrigerator. We will think of him daily and pray for him.
:heart: kimmie

VictoiseC
01-26-2007, 04:55 PM
That's wonderful news today Julie! May God be with him. :hug: