PDA

View Full Version : Knit In on Super Bowl sunday NOW with Bears Video, pg. 3

dustinac
01-21-2007, 10:35 AM
:teehee: I was reading Vickie Howell's blog this morning and seen that on Super Bowl Sunday DIY network will be doing a Knit in.. chairty knitting.. here are the details..

http://www.vickiehowell.com/blog2.html

HamaLee
01-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Maybe I can knit a few squares while I watch the Superbowl. Who said knitting and football were mutually exclusive? :rofl: :roflhard:

GO PATS!

Ingrid
01-21-2007, 01:30 PM
My LYS has it's big annual sale the week around Superbowl Sunday. :teehee:

Jan in CA
01-21-2007, 01:44 PM
:teehee: I think that's a great idea! I already knit mostly for charity so it won't be new to me. Go for it knitters! :teehee:

mrs desert rain
01-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Maybe I can knit a few squares while I watch the Superbowl. Who said knitting and football were mutually exclusive? :rofl: :roflhard:

ditto, HamaLee!

GO SAINTS! (:thinking:)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-21-2007, 05:46 PM

too bad da bears are kicking butt right now! (2 bad 4 u ) :teehee:

brendajos
01-21-2007, 05:47 PM

uuuuh ... NO!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-21-2007, 05:48 PM
we're friendly and loving here, except when it comes to football :heart:

brendajos
01-21-2007, 05:49 PM

too bad da bears are kicking butt right now! (2 bad 4 u ) :teehee:

YEAH! WHAT SHE SAID! :hug:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-21-2007, 05:50 PM
:heart: :hug: sorry mrs. desert rain :hug: :heart:

brendajos
01-21-2007, 05:52 PM
:teehee: :muah:

To be fair...IF they manage to win today, I will be rooting for the Saints.

IF! ;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-21-2007, 05:53 PM
yeah me too *sigh*

back to your regular-scheduled un-hijacked thread...

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-21-2007, 07:17 PM
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woohoo: :woot: :star: :sun: :sun: :sun: :yay: :yay: :woohoo: :waving: :cheering: :cheering: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :woot: :star: :star: :star: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :heart: :heart: :cheering: :happydance: :balloons: :sun: :star: :woot: :woohoo: :yay: :yay: :yay:

YAY! DA BEARSSSSSSSSSSSS

ecb
01-21-2007, 07:30 PM
[quote=HamaLee]

So Sorry

GO PATS!!!! (they have not won their division yet)

mks22300
01-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Go Indy! :teehee:

Stiney
01-21-2007, 08:22 PM
What's a Super Bowl? :??

HamaLee
01-21-2007, 08:40 PM

ditto, HamaLee!

Aw I was pulling for the Saints, sorry... :verysad:

Pats are two TDs up on the Colts right now (w00t!) so I hope we get the chance to crush the bears for you. (And really...does Peyton have time to play football with all those flippin' commercials?? :teehee: )

brendajos
01-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Well it would seem appropriate for the Patriots to lose to the Bears in the Super Bowl I guess. Doesn't seem like a tradition that needs to be broken to me (yes even if it is 21 years later it is still a tradition! :teehee:)

HamaLee
01-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Well it would seem appropriate for the Patriots to lose to the Bears in the Super Bowl I guess. Doesn't seem like a tradition that needs to be broken to me (yes even if it is 21 years later it is still a tradition! :teehee:)

Not theeeese Patriots baby. :happydance: Hehe...I'm too young to remember that anyway. NFC's not getting a ring regardless....hehehehe.

Vendie
01-21-2007, 10:06 PM
come on Colts!!!! Kick some Pat butt!!!! :teehee:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-21-2007, 10:14 PM
they're trying!!! this is an awesome game.

HamaLee
01-21-2007, 10:21 PM
It's killllllling me! What a mess!
Heh. :wall:

Vendie
01-21-2007, 10:23 PM
they're trying!!! this is an awesome game.

I know! I was so mad during the first quarter and a half! And now they just tied it up again!

OMG could this be it?????!!!!!

I'm a ball of nerves!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-21-2007, 10:39 PM
I know!!!

I think the Pats are playing kinda dirty. :!!!:

HamaLee
01-21-2007, 10:41 PM
I know!!!

I think the Pats are playing kinda dirty. :!!!:

They don't seem to be...and I'd think the commentators would mention it if they were since it's not their usual style.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-21-2007, 10:43 PM
well, they've had lots of penalties for face-masking and being in the neutral zone trying to force a false start on the colts. I dunno :shrug: I'm more used to the NFC I guess.

Poor Caldwell.. they should pass to him more often. He's dropped it like a million times today. :happydance:

HamaLee
01-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Poor Caldwell.. they should pass to him more often. He's dropped it like a million times today. :happydance:

Haha, I know! Total butterfingers.

Well, the Colts are doing their fair share of facemasks and personal fouls also. I think it's pretty even.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-21-2007, 10:47 PM
i know, I'm ignoring their dirty tricks though. :teehee:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-21-2007, 11:17 PM
INTERCEPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

this is one of the BEST games I've ever seen. ROCK.

HamaLee
01-21-2007, 11:19 PM
:pout:
sigh...Pats lost it BIG time, what a big lead to blow.

Guess I have to root for the Bears now? :verysad:

I'll join that Knit-In now :teehee:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-21-2007, 11:19 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

mks22300
01-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Wooo-whoo!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
What an awesome game that was!!!!! :cheering: :cheering:
Now I don't care who wins the Super Bowl, I just wanted the Pats to lose (they are divison rivals afterall :teehee: ).
I am glad that Peyton finally gets a chance at the big game though!

Vendie
01-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Oh wow! What an amazing game!

:woot: :woot: Yay Colts! :woot: :woot:

dustinac
01-22-2007, 08:56 AM
My LYS has it's big annual sale the week around Superbowl Sunday. :teehee:

so is mine.. I just joined the year of the stash too.. :verysad: will have to do a lot of stash busting so for a reward I can go shopping for new projects... :shrug: sounds good to me...

I think its a great idea too.. I'll be Knitting In while dh cheers for the Colts... :happydance:

Andrea
01-22-2007, 12:06 PM
GO BEARS!
The only thing I like about the Saints is Drew Brees, a fellow Purdue Grad :happydance: He needs to come to Da Bears! :cheering:

auburnchick
01-22-2007, 12:23 PM

GO PATS!

Are you kidding??? I spent ALL day yesterday knitting (and finished my first sock). Sundays are a day of rest in my house, which means I can knit (although dh says it's work...NOT to ME!).

Go Colts... :teehee:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-24-2007, 05:59 PM
You Tube Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoPjWssKU2M) for the bears fans!!!!!

purlwise
01-25-2007, 06:57 PM
LOL, Yes the Colts and the Bears game was awesome. I was so glad the Colts won! And I live in Baltimore and I'm a RAVENS fan. And you know how much we hate the Colts!!! LOL.

I hope the Colts go all the way! With all the sorrow the Colts coach had last year with his son committing suicide, he deserves to win, and I'll be in my living room cheering for the him and the Colts.

All though in Baltimore, I'll be hiding behind my closed doors. LOL.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-25-2007, 07:36 PM
I *used* to live in Baltimore... I grew up there, and I still have some Baltimore Colts memorbillia (somewhere).... I was hapy that the Colts won, so the bears can kick their BUTTS next week :teehee:

isn't it great how people with different motives can share in the happiness of the same outcome??? :rofl:

zip
01-25-2007, 11:03 PM
...(And really...does Peyton have time to play football with all those flippin' commercials?? :teehee: )

True! :teehee: I loves him anyway. So I'll be cheering for him in a week and a half.

I'm from Carolina, and I'm still a Panthers fan. I moved to San Diego three years ago, and the Chargers are my number two team (Philip Rivers played at NC State.) My beloved has been a Patriots fan since he was about 5 years old, but I'm cheering for Peyton anyway. We're having a houseful of friends (seven at last count) from out of town visiting us that weekend. I may not get any knitting done, charity or otherwise. Nevertheless... I love the concept!