PDA

View Full Version : peace fleece

boyforpele13
01-22-2007, 05:22 PM
who's worked with it?

i'm looking and it appears to be mostly a 70/30 wool/mohair. how soft is it? thoughts?

thanks! :)

ETA: oh yeah and where do you buy it? :)

brendajos
01-22-2007, 06:31 PM
ya know Little Turtle Knits indicates that is what they use for their soakers. If they are using peace fleece for baby butts i would guess it has to be relatively soft. I think they still sell it too. nope they are out of stock of it all.... anyway their site is www.littleturtleknits.com

CamNMeg
01-22-2007, 06:55 PM
I have some peace fleece and I really like it so far. It's nice to knit with. Right now it's a little scratchy, but I've heard it gets much softer once its washed for the first time.

Ingrid
01-22-2007, 07:06 PM
I had a couple of skeins that I got as part of a 'grab bag.' I don't know if it gets softer with wash and wear, but I wasn't crazy about it on the skein. I used it for a Kitty Pi bed. It felt like regular old wool to me--there are softer ones out there, for sure.

Eloewien
01-23-2007, 02:10 AM
My friend uses it for soakers as well because she said it's incredibly durable. It's not as soft as some other yarns, but she has been using the same soakers repeatedly with very little wear. In some cases, this could be a very practical solution :)

kitkat
01-23-2007, 09:57 AM
I had joined one of those Co-op thingies a few years back and bought a bunch....havent worked with it - it seems a bit coarse. And the co-op idea is great but in reality its just easier to be your own bargain hunter.

I have enough for a sweater - so I guess I need to work with it....

mrs desert rain
01-23-2007, 11:45 AM
peace fleece is one of my favorites -- BUT, i have to agree with ingrid. it's not the softest wool out there, but it is definitely among the most durable. i made a purse with it (non-felted), and i've never washed it, so it's still a bit scratchy. also, to note, my skeins of PF had bits of straw and whatnot mixed in. that sort of thing doesn't bother me so much, but it can be a headache for some...

cozy
01-23-2007, 01:28 PM
I used PF as a color accent for my dd's sweater. Like others have already said, it's not the softest, but I still liked it a lot--I could feel the lanolin in it while knitting.