PDA

View Full Version : Help with Blanket Buddy Pattern

lkcheertex
01-23-2007, 11:59 AM
I am graduating from simple baby blankets to one of those cute blanket buddies. I always seem to have trouble understanding patterns though. I can do the stitches, just don't understand what the patterns mean. Anyway. Here is the pattern:

Cast on 1st.
Knit into front and back of first stitch, knit to end of row - 7 stitches at end or row 6

I guess I understand the instructions but just don't understand how I knit into the front and back of a stitch.

TIA

Layla

suzeeq
01-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Click on the Basic Techniques tab above and go to Increases. KFB will be there with a video to show you how to do it.

sue

dustinac
01-23-2007, 12:17 PM
You just knit into the front loop and then you knit into the back loop of the same stitch.. :happydance:

do you happen to have the link to the pattern you are working on.. I'm trying to figure out what to make for a friend who is due next month :teehee:

lkcheertex
01-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Click on the Basic Techniques tab above and go to Increases. KFB will be there with a video to show you how to do it.

sue

Thanks. I figured it out!

lkcheertex
01-23-2007, 12:24 PM
You just knit into the front loop and then you knit into the back loop of the same stitch.. :happydance:

do you happen to have the link to the pattern you are working on.. I'm trying to figure out what to make for a friend who is due next month :teehee:

Thanks! Here is the pattern http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/50722.html?noImages=0

dustinac
01-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Thank you!!

I don't understand why lion brand has you sign in now.. I never remeber my info :teehee:

lkcheertex
01-23-2007, 06:28 PM
I have another question now. I am to the part of the pattern where it says

Rows 40-41 Cast on 12 sts for Paws, knit to end of row 64 sts.

How do I cast on when I already have stitches on my needles? I tried but I end up with a funky thing with the end of the stitches on the left needle attached to the stitches on the far right of the right needle which cannot be right.

dustinac
01-23-2007, 06:47 PM
I like to use the back loop cast on... I'm pretty sure Amy shows it with the CO videos... I use my thumb just loop the yarn over it.. insert needle into loop and pull off thumb... I gotta becareful not to pull to tight or then I can't get my needle in to knit... :teehee: