PDA

View Full Version : I've joined the masses

kellyh57
01-24-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm a yarnoholic. I went to Hobby Lobby to check out the yarn sale. I ended up spending over $60 on clearance yarn (well, $4 was on needles). I don't have a clue what I'm going to do with it. I've never bought yarn just because. I've always had at least an IDEA of what to use it on or who to use it for. I just couldnt' pass it up! They had TLC Heathers and Essentials for $1.76. I know it's acrylic, but I like it for afghans and such. I figured I can make some charity stuff. I bought 21 skeins of that. I bought 3 skeins of yellow Bernat Baby Coordinates ($1.78/each). It's so pretty. I've been eyeing it at my Michaels, but waiting for a sale. I don't have any babies to knit for, but I figure I'll start on it and if I find out about a baby, it'll go to them. If not, it'll go to charity. I also bought 10 skeins (5 pink, 5 green) of some clearanced Yarn Bee Soft Delights. It was marked $.99 and I heard they were giving the 50% off of clearance too so I was super excited at $.50 yarn, but the lady said it was only on regular prices. I still got it because it's so pretty. I have NO clue what to do with it. Maybe a shawl or something like that? Again, it'll probably be donated somewhere. It's not my color/thing to wear and I don't have any girls to give it to.

I bought 4 of most of the TLC stuff so I can make an afghan out of one color. What's leftover, I'll put together coordinating stuff and make more. Yeah...that's a TON of knitting! But, I love doing it!

Just thought I'd share my bargain. Oh yeah, here's a few pictures!

Kelly

CarmenIbanez
01-24-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure I understand your dilemma... :shrug:

:roflhard:

Maybe you now need to join the stash busting thread!!!

letah75
01-24-2007, 02:45 PM
:cheering:

$60 for all that is a deal!!! I'm sure you'll find wonderful things to make with it.

sara_jayne
01-24-2007, 02:50 PM
What a deal!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Having a stash is good for the soul!! :teehee:

bip
01-24-2007, 03:14 PM
That is a great deal. What is the pink? Very pretty, looks soft.

I recommend making a big pile and taking a nap on it. While you sleep, the yarn will tell you what it wants to be (kind of like sleeping on your books to study for a test).

kellyh57
01-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I thought about napping in it! I just don't know what to do with it all. I've got one blankie on the needles and I only like doing one big thing at a time. Maybe I should try to find a pattern to use the Soft Delight for first since I'm thinking something smaller.

My 2-year-old was trying to sit in the cart and he got buried in yarn. He kept telling me I had too much and to put some back. Yeah right! There is no such thing as putting back good, cheap yarn!

The pink is the Soft Delight. It's very soft, but it sheds. Both Jared and I had little threads all over ourselves when we got home. And that' wasn't even using it- just fondeling and being buried in it!

Kaydee
01-24-2007, 04:13 PM
That pink and green yarn is s pretty!

madametj
01-24-2007, 08:25 PM
ohh, i just bought a skein of that Yarn Bee Soft Delight stuff just a couple of days ago! i wasn't gonna buy it at first bcus i didn't know what to do with it and was afraid i wouldn't use it, but i figured i couldn't leave w/o buying at least 1! :teehee: its really softs too (i kinda hated the colors though, thats y i only bought one)

Mulderknitter
01-24-2007, 09:21 PM
One never has to make an excuse for buying yarn. "acrylic" is not the same today as it used to be so that is not an excuse. Caron's simply soft is acrylic and I make tons of stuff with it. GREAT HAUL! :cheering: