PDA

View Full Version : Berroco Bonsai

niferzilla
01-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Has anyone picked up this yarn yet?

http://www.berroco.com/yarns/bonsai.html

I bought a few skeins the other day and have no idea what to make with it. So far it's shimmery, slippery and quite silky feeling. All of this of couse made winding it into balls a little tricky. I ended up with a tangled mess until (by the third and last ball) I learned to be more careful!

from the Berroco website:

Inspired by the rhythmic markings on a bamboo tree, our ribbon yarn is made from a cellulistic fiber derived from bamboo. It is woven into a narrow ribbon that is wrapped with a delicate nylon for a touch of high sheen. Itís dyed in 9 exquisite shades.

FIBER: 97% Bamboo, 3% Nylon
HANK WEIGHT : 1.75 oz / 50 g
HANK LENGTH: 77 yds / 71 m
GAUGE: 5 sts = 1" / 20 sts & 26 rows = 4" (10cm)
NEEDLE SIZE : 7(US) / 4.5 mm
CARE: Hand wash in cool water with mild soap. Lay flat to dry. Dry clean when mixing light and dark colors.[/url]

knit-errant
01-25-2007, 03:41 PM
I haven't seen it in stores around here yet. ...Can't say I've had a chance to look yet, either.

I think the spring issue of Interweave Knits has a pretty sleeveless top made with Bonsai.

bip
01-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Ooo, that is really pretty. I had to restrain myself from buying the pattern book and enough for the Berenice. I'm still not out of the woods, I could go home tonight, fall asleep in my chair with the laptop, and wake up at 1am to an Order Confirmation screen showing that I've either ordered it in my sleep, or maybe ordered it and then passed out from ecstasy.

niferzilla
01-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Yes it is really pretty! I am tempted to make a yarn bracelet out of it because it is metallic and shimmery lookin, like a fine gold chain!

I got the bamboo colourway.

I bought it to make some sort of gift for a friend of mine