PDA

View Full Version : OT - About to be Swarmed by 12 Teenage Girls! 1:15/All SLEEP

auburnchick
01-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Don't know if y'all remember my topic about the purse for my daughter's birthday...

Her birthday was Monday (2nd purse was a hit).

Tonight is her party. Imagine 12 15-year old girls in my house all night. I'm sure many of you have been where I am. Oh my!!!

DD and I fought all the way through the grocery store this afternoon, so I'm not feeling very party-ish. I think I'm going to be right here the whole night (toggling between this site and my PowerPoint presentation I'm doing for my political science class).

:passedout:

Pray for me!! :teehee:

P.S. My order of Options DPNs (sizes 0, 1, 4, 5, and 6) came in today! At least I can smile about something. :cheering:

CarmenIbanez
01-26-2007, 06:51 PM
I have a degree in political science if you need any help! I also have a degree in teenage girl, as I was a quite successful one myself! :-)

nonny2t
01-26-2007, 08:01 PM
God Bless you, honey, I wouldn't do that again for a million $$$$$$.

auburnchick
01-26-2007, 08:12 PM
I have a degree in political science if you need any help! I also have a degree in teenage girl, as I was a quite successful one myself! :-)

Hmmm...I will definitely remember that!

As I'm learning about power, I'm realizing that all of life involves power. Right now I am exerting the power over my dd, who is currently grounded and cannot take her learner's permit test. :teehee:

As far as your second statement...so was I, but I never talked to my mom the way mine talks to me. Truly sad...

sara_jayne
01-26-2007, 08:29 PM
All I can say is GOOD LUCK!!!! :hug:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-26-2007, 10:06 PM
good luck is right!!!!!

maybe you can teach them to knit???

auburnchick
01-26-2007, 10:11 PM
good luck is right!!!!!

maybe you can teach them to knit???

Surely you kid!!! Dd would be throwing daggers at me!!!

Jan in CA
01-26-2007, 11:08 PM
I hated slumber parties. No one slumbers and someone always ends up in tears! :wall: Good luck to you!

auburnchick
01-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Actually, it's 11:20pm, and all is going well so far. The girls are getting along great.

One priceless thing...

My daughter's two best friends (one lives 2 hours away and the other an hour away -- both on her travel soccer team) surprised her today. She had not seen one of them since early December.

One of the dads drove both girls over here, and dropped them off a couple of houses down the street. They did the classic spy maneuvers to get to my house undetected and hid behind the garbage can.

I sent her out with the garbage...with her grumbling all the way. They jumped out from behind the garbage can, and all you heard were these loud screams. When I saw my daughter's face, it was one of complete shock...beet red with tears in her eyes. She was completely surprised.

Beautiful moment.

:D

auburnchick
01-27-2007, 03:23 AM
Can you believe that ALL of the girls are asleep (except for my dd and her best friend from 2 hours away). It's only 1:26AM!!! How lucky did we get??????

:happydance: :cheering:

Jan in CA
01-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Dang, that was luck!! :cheering: