PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Knitting

Cristy
01-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Anyone knitting something special for their valentine? Each year I knit something for dh--last year was a scarf (which was kind of silly since we live in GA) and this year I'm thinking of knitting him something heart oriented but I haven't figured out what yet....

I found this (http://fibertrends.com/viewer/patterns/223.htm) pattern a few weeks ago and purchased it--I plan to make one of these to put dd's candy in if I can just get to a yarn store that has red and pink wool...our Michaels only carries the new lion brand wool and it didn't come in (or they didn't carry) the right colors. I need to just get some patons at Joanns but there isn't one nearby...

If you have valentine knitting plans--please share--I need something small for dh and I'm pulling a blank!

Ingrid
01-29-2007, 09:29 PM
You just gave him a son! Let him buy you a ton of beeeeautiful yarn!! :teehee:

Cristy
01-29-2007, 09:41 PM
LOL! I like the way you think!!! :roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard:

aineepooh1
01-29-2007, 09:43 PM
I think Ingy has the right idea~!!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
How about a red or white hat? you know the valentine's colors..
or how about a small pillow with a heart on it~?

Cristy
01-29-2007, 09:47 PM
:) I thought of a pillow....

dh is an odd guy to try to knit for--there really isn't anything that he'd want but I do it anyway just b/c I love to give gifts. Knitting them allows me to get double the pleasure--I get knitting pleasure and gift giving pleasure.

I'll likely give up on dh--I just look for any reason to knit something...I wish I could get into just knitting random projects but I can't --they need to have a purpose or a recipient.

SbutterAMfly
01-30-2007, 09:35 AM
I plan on knitting my boyfriend a pair of those finglerless gloves that have the mitten top that pulls over them. I'm designing my own, but I'm learning from these (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/PATTbroadstreet.html).

Maybe your husband could use something like that?