PDA

View Full Version : I Won a Knitting Book on EBAY!!!!!

zkimom
01-29-2007, 08:51 PM
It's called Knit A Square, Make A Toy (http://www.amazon.com/Knit-Square-Make-Library-Craftbooks/dp/1564262561/sr=1-1/qid=1170117481/ref=sr_1_1/103-0495672-8172619?ie=UTF8&s=books)

Anyone ever hear of it??

Apparently it's out of print. I've been looking for it for a while and couldn't find a copy anywhere. Then this morning I checked Amazon and there were several copies starting at $45 and up to $75 (for a used copy! :passedout: )

I thought I'd give Ebay another try and there was a copy up for auction that ended this evening -- Yippee! :cheering:

I got it for $31 which is still a lot of money but way better than the alternative.

Yay for me -- I can't wait til it comes! :happydance: :happydance:

Ok, just had to share,

Susan

Cristy
01-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Cool! I've never heard of it so you'll have to let us know if it's any good--it must be at that price!

aineepooh1
01-29-2007, 09:47 PM
:cheering: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :cheering: :cheering:
YaY~!!

cookworm
01-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Susan, what a find!!! I looked at this book on Amazon and all I kept thinking was, "This book is right up my alley!". Even I could probably make some of these toys if it just involves knitting squares! :oops: :teehee: Great find, and please let us know how you like the book. I wish I would be able to figure out how they knitted the doll...my daughter loves dolls, and I've been wanting to knit her a really simple one.

Aquaria
01-30-2007, 04:47 AM
:inlove: Wow, it looks like an awsome book! I wonder what you can make from a square piece of fabric? :thinking:
You surely are gonna have a lot of fun with that book! :teehee:

zkimom
01-30-2007, 05:16 AM
Hi all,

It's 4 am here and my son has a yucky tummy :zombie: -- I just spent the last few minutes cleaning up his floor.

Anyway, I can't get back to sleep just yet.

The book looks so cool. One of the reasons I was drawn to it is that my kids are in a Waldorf school. In the preschool there are tons of little knitted animal toys made by Moms for the classroom. Many of them are simply knitted rectangles and squares sewn together. I have made kitties before and my daughter, who learned to knit in the first grade made a bunny out of a square. Come to think of it, my son, who is now in 6th grade, made a lamb for his first grade project out of a square of yarn he knitted.

This book will be just up our alley!

Well, I guess I can try bed again -- here's hoping there aren't any more big messes to clean up before dawn! :sleepy:

Best,
Susan

zkimom
01-30-2007, 05:21 AM
I wish I would be able to figure out how they knitted the doll...my daughter loves dolls, and I've been wanting to knit her a really simple one.

Try this link:
Weir Dolls (http://www.weirdollsandcrafts.com/knitted-doll-kits/knitted-doll-kits.html)

I made a doll from a pattern I got from them long ago when I first picked up knitting in my adult life and it was very easy. I used the knitted boy/girl pattern -- I still have the pattern somewhere, all wrinkled from lots of use!

Best,
Susan

cookworm
01-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the link, Susan! And guess what? Of all things, your book is at my local library, so I'm going to be doing some snooping there! :twisted:

And I think our kids must've been secretly playing together, because at 1:00 a.m., I was cleaning the floor from my daughter, too! :ick: Thankfully, I was already awake, knitting away by the stingy light of my little desk lamp, so it wasn't as bad as having to be woken out of a dead sleep with that surprise. I thought this stinking flu bug had left our home finally! :wall: :doh: :gah: (then my baby's diaper leaked over the course of the night so I had that to clean too...nothing like making you feel like a "real" mom than cleaning up after the kids, huh? :rofl: )

Hope your son is feeling better. :heart: And hope you can get some rest after being up, too!