PDA

View Full Version : I'M THROWING AWAY MY YARN!!!

bailsmom
01-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Was that dramatic enough? :teehee: But seriously I am going to throw about 10 skeins of yarn away tonight. I bought it over a year ago, I got a good price for it so it isn't like I'm throwing away a full price skein.

Its the lionbrand chenille. I had originally wanted to make an afghan out of it, but halfway through I wanted to burn it so I :frog: and then I picked it up again tonight to try and make a baby blanket out of it and only made it 3 rows in and I'm now officially done.

I can't take it anymore, typical beginner mistake. (I've made so many of them)

Is there some sort of ceremony involved to do this or do I just heave-hoe!

I'm such a drama queen. :flirt:

Cristy
01-29-2007, 09:24 PM
sounds like a good ebay auction to me...

Knitting_Guy
01-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't throw it away, but if you do - throw it my way :rofl:

Why not donate it to a local knitting class or something?

five_six
01-29-2007, 09:25 PM
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't chuck it, no yarn deserves that, not even icky, yucky, poopy, naughty yarn... I'm sure someone here would give it a nice new home if you can't stand the sight of its face anymore!

I actually need more chenille :teehee: , but i'm too far away, so i'm sure you'll find someone who will take it - it needs to fulfill its destiny and become something useful (don't we all :teehee: ) even if that's only a doggy blanky!

PinkRoses
01-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Oh, I agree with donating it! There are a lot of groups that would love to make something with that. I hope you can find someone! If I were near you, I would help you unload it! :eyebrow: They do make nice scarfs.

How about trying a smaller project?

bailsmom
01-29-2007, 09:33 PM
I speaking seriously now...if anyone wants it, it's the Midnight Blue, I'll ship it to you on my dime.

Here's a picture, just scroll down a bit.
http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=82241&PRODID=11807

I'm serious. I'd hate to toss it, but I can't stand knowing it's in my home waiting to be knit up, yet not having a chance in hell of that happening.

yes, i hate it that much. :wink: (I'm also having a bad night so some of that anger may be leaking out into this post, pay no attention to it :teehee: )

I don't have the labels on them anymore though, so if that's an issue, sorry.

aineepooh1
01-29-2007, 09:41 PM
I HAVE A LOT OF LB CHENILLE I BOUGHT WHEN I JUST LEARNED TO KNIT~ I HAVEN'T DONE IT BUT I HAVE THOUGHT MORE THAN ONCE ABOUT CHUNKIN' IT~!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: BUT WE MUST DO THE RESPONSIBLE THING...DONATE IT TO A NEW GOOD HOME~!! :shrug:

lissalue
01-29-2007, 09:44 PM
i pm'd you

madametj
01-29-2007, 10:40 PM
I PMed you too :)

Cattrah
01-29-2007, 11:26 PM
no way! that stuff is my favorite yarn to knit with to date! It's so fast to knit and fluffy snuggly soft. I made a friend of mine a sa-weet scarf with it over christmas and when it was done I wanted to keep it instead of giving it to him...needless to say I did fork it over. He better enjoy it *shakes fist in the air* I say you should just hang onto it and just use bits of it for small projects. I dont think I'll ever make a blanket or afgahn! too much time!! *looks wearily over at her baby bee peach fuzz half finished sock on size 2 needles and sighs* I say hang in there with it! *goes snuggle the leftover bits from the scarf*

bailsmom
01-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Hi Cattrah,

I did make a scarf out of it a long time ago, but I don't want to make another one with it, I just don't care for it. :shrug:

Live and learn as they say. :doh:

suzeeq
01-30-2007, 12:33 AM
no way! that stuff is my favorite yarn to knit with to date! It's so fast to knit and fluffy snuggly soft. I made a friend of mine a sa-weet scarf with it over christmas and when it was done I wanted to keep it instead of giving it to him...needless to say I did fork it over. He better enjoy it *shakes fist in the air* I say you should just hang onto it and just use bits of it for small projects. I dont think I'll ever make a blanket or afgahn! too much time!! *looks wearily over at her baby bee peach fuzz half finished sock on size 2 needles and sighs* I say hang in there with it! *goes snuggle the leftover bits from the scarf*

What sort of pattern did you use, and what size needles? I got a skein that was marked down to $3 because it was so pretty and soft (emerald green) but it's a bear to knit with. No stretch.

sue

Cattrah
01-30-2007, 11:49 AM
it was just a plain old stockinette stich scarf I did on size 13 needles. I think I cast on something like 15 stiches. I used about a skein and a half for it though. It's true it doesn't stretch much but somehow it seemed to work out pretty even for me, I just didn't fight with it and let it do its own thing. I liked the fact that it curled in on the long edges it was easier to fit to all neck sizes, he has a big fat neck and I have a small skinny neck and the scarf worked well for both of us. I like that it doesn't stretch so I don't have to constantly be adjusting my tension, it maintains it itself, for me anyway.

suzeeq
01-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks Cattrah. I was trying out my so called scarf on size 13s and 15s, and that sorta works, but it's hard to work with.

sue

wandaweberg
01-30-2007, 12:41 PM
PM sent your way. :)