PDA

View Full Version : Knitting magazines

heykaren
01-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Im thinking about ordering a knitting magazine and am wondering what you all suggest. I bought "Creative Knitter" last summer when I was in the states visiting my mother and liked that one, but am wondering if there might be a "better" one.

Any suggestions? Karen

five_six
01-30-2007, 09:42 AM
i'm not sure about many others, but I get Vogue Knitting and Jo Sharp's Magazine (can't remember what it's called off the top of my head :shrug: ).

I've sort of looked at the contents of the others but haven't really seen much that takes my fancy enough to buy them.

psammeadred
01-30-2007, 09:57 AM
I really like Interweave Knits. It's got more advanced patterns with interesting articles (and less novelty yarn!).

five_six
01-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Cool... I've been wondering about buying it, but just haven't gone all the way yet, don't want to have buyers remorse. Now that it has been indorsed, I'll have to add it too my list :teehee:

kemp
01-30-2007, 10:54 AM
I agree with the other ladies...I've found the magazines that most consistently have good patterns are IK and Vogue. I've found stuff I like in others (including Creative Knitter) but those are more "miss" than "hit".

Silver
01-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Interweave Knits is my favorite, for the same reasons psammeadred mentioned. Vogue Knitting is my second choice.

SabrinaJL
01-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Yep, I'm gonna have to say IK and Vogue too. But I buy all of them that I can find...just in case. :teehee:

wandaweberg
01-30-2007, 11:20 AM
What magazine would you recommend for a beginning knitter looking for simple patterns?