PDA

View Full Version : If there is an amazingly wonderful yarn sale...

Mama Bear
01-31-2007, 07:23 AM
PLEASE DON'T TELL ME!!!!!

Three different yarn sites with sales reached out and grabbed me and the yarns showed up this week. :oo:

Yarns I truly enjoy knitting with. Yarns I have been watching for and wanting, and at such prices they almost qualify as investments, but until the IRS allows yarn stash as tax free IRA's, I need to knit up a bunch of this before I 'invest' more!

At least my daughter's are willing to help me use it up. I'm buying for three you know (hey it works with eating and pregnancy). :shifty:

I don't think I dare even admit how much.... :whistle:

Mama Bear

tab
01-31-2007, 08:07 AM
Move up here to Canada - that'll cut down on the number of wonderful yarn sale sites that are willing to ship to you. :teehee:

Mama Bear
01-31-2007, 08:21 AM
tab,

I DO like Canada :) However, it won't help me ... littleknits, sandrasingh, Astids Dutch Obsession, and the ebay seller I bought from all ship to Canada, as well as Elann and other tempting places. :shrug:

Mama Bear

Ingrid
01-31-2007, 08:28 AM
It's a sickness, I tell you--and I have it bad. :oops:

DonnaS
01-31-2007, 08:41 AM
until the IRS allows yarn stash as tax free IRA's

You mean they don't?? :pout: I am seriously considering claiming my Stash as a dependent this year... hey it might work! :eyebrow: :teehee:

momwolf
01-31-2007, 09:34 AM
E-bay is getting to be an obsession,This is my husband :!!!: Why is it every time I turn on computer I automatically go to yarn sales :shrug: Good thing my part time job is full time for 2 months :cheering: Is there a AAA for yarn buying addicts? :roflhard:

Chel
01-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Yes there is.

And the first step to becoming a Yarnaholics Anonymous member is admitting you have a problem. :---

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

bip
01-31-2007, 11:12 AM
My mom's daughter is also willing to help you use it :)

aineepooh1
01-31-2007, 02:49 PM
HELLO MY NAME IS ...
AND I AM A YARN ADDICT>>~~!!
Seriously, to help you decrease the desire to spend revisit your stash. I bet you are doing the stashbuster this year~!F :?? Maybe reorganize by color, yarn type, weight.. it's kind of like cleaning out your closet or fridge.. You upon the door (or lid) and say WHEN do I buy THAT??? :teehee: :teehee:

STAY STRONG MY SISTER.. IT WILL PASS~!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

losnana
01-31-2007, 09:19 PM
You mean they don't?? :pout: I am seriously considering claiming my Stash as a dependent this year... hey it might work! :eyebrow: :teehee:[/quote]

How do you you get a SS number for a stash. I can come up with a name , but have trouble with the birthday.

Pink Dandelion
01-31-2007, 11:49 PM
No! Tell her about ALL the yarn sales! ('cause I'm one of those daughters...)

I can come up with a name , but have trouble with the birthday.

Wouldn't the birthdate be the day you bought the first skein...? And then (just like a cute little kiddo) it just keeps growing :mrgreen: .

Mama Bear
02-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Don't pay any attention to that dandelion over in the corner... she wants my Karabella Aurora 8!

Bip, you have a sister? ;) You should talk to PinkD about getting your mom rehooked on knitting... she's the one who got me going again after several years off! I think she had alterior motives :doh:

Seems we all agree there should be some way to deduct yarn from taxes...

aineepooh, actually... I have a deal with my husband. I am supposed to be able to buy enough yarn to fill the snowcat my husband bought. Well.. I was supposed to get to do that BEFORE he could buy another snowcat, but he ended up with a super deal on a snowcat and a covered trailer that we couldn't pass up, so now I am supposed to get to fill all three :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

As if I would do that... The only reason he agreed to that deal is because he knows that I generally don't like to spend money if I don't have to. I'm the cheap one in the family. He would just spoil me and let me buy what I want, but that goes against my Scotish heritage. Maybe that's why this is such a shock to my system. :passedout:

I do use a lot of yarn from recycled sweaters. It's a great way for me to keep plenty of yarn on hand without mortgaging the house! The nearest LYS is hours away so basically what I have on hand is what my daughter's and I and sometimes our friends, have to work with.

I love to play with colors and look at my yarns like a paintbox! Even with so much yarn, there are many times I'm ready to color and missing one of the yarn crayons I want.

I totally agree that keeping yarn out, in view, and available helps greatly. It's why I have my yarn cellar.

http://www.beartoes.com/images/yarn-cellar-06-small.jpg

But how is a girl to pass up superwash merinos, silks, and Karabella Aurora 8 when it's 30 - 70% off??? :teehee:

Now I just have to figure out where to fit the new yarn in :??

Mama Bear