PDA

View Full Version : 12'' vs double Points...

ThatCaliMom
01-31-2007, 09:14 PM
I have to say today I ignored what everyone has been telling me about 12'' cirulars and tracked down a pair of addi turbo size 8 12" needles. and I am loving them! I HATE HATE HATE double points. I think it may be easier for me to use the shorter circular because I knit continental... Anyone else have any input on that?
This is also my first and probably only pair of addi's. I like them a lot, but I just got the denise interchangeables. They just didn't have a cable that small.

MommaRalph
01-31-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm a very new knitter struggling with DPs. I have a set of Denise's on the way as well. I don't have advice for you but I'm following this thread to see what everyone else has to say! Great question!

CateKnits
01-31-2007, 09:30 PM
For very small diameter circular knitting, you wouldn't be able to use a 12" circular needle because your tube of knitting would end up too large. But you also don't have to use double pointed needles! You can use the magic loop method with a longer circular needle cord or you can use the two circular needles method. I think both are demonstrated in videos on this site under Advanced Techniques.

madametj
01-31-2007, 09:35 PM
For very small diameter circular knitting, you wouldn't be able to use a 12" circular needle because your tube of knitting would end up too large. But you also don't have to use double pointed needles! You can use the magic loop method with a longer circular needle cord or you can use the two circular needles method. I think both are demonstrated in videos on this site under Advanced Techniques.

she's right, and magic loop is easy, too! i think you said you have the Denise interchangeable set. If you do, just extend the cables so the are about 32" or longer (depending on your project).

brendajos
01-31-2007, 09:52 PM
i have used 12 inch circs and they were fine but i pretty much only use 2 circs when i am doing small diameter knitting. easier to control for me since i knit almost only on the go. i had multiple sets of the denise needles so i could do two circ knitting and now i have multiples of the options so i can do the same thing. :thumbsup: