PDA

View Full Version : OT (ish) - Marge Simpson Knitting

niffer
02-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Hehe - I just watched the Simpsons, a really old episode called 'Bart the Genius'.

Right at the End, Marge is knitting with the needles pointing the wrong way in a V shape.

She's knitting a pink scarf I think - anyone ever see any of the Simpsons wear it?

:roflhard:

feminine_earth
02-01-2007, 03:03 PM
On that new farmyard movie...maybe it's called Barnyard? Anyway, it's about the cow and his Dad cow got killed by Coyotes, so now he's the leader of the farm...anyway. The old neighbor lady is knitting every time we see her, but all she's doing is moving her needles in circles, and there is no working yarn! It's funny! :rofl:

Krystal
02-01-2007, 04:07 PM
haha, yes I did notice this the last time I saw that ep! haha, I notice that most cartoon knitting is done the "V" way... and I always point it out and feel oh so smart, and DF is always like "yes dear..." lol.

I was watching something the otherday... i wish I could remember what, but it is the first cartoon knitting I have seen, where there are doing it right. lol.

niffer
02-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Maybe by knitting that way, the product comes out all animated, so by wearing it we could all look like Jessica Rabbit?????

Knowing my look and my hair I'd be more Marge simpson!

madametj
02-01-2007, 05:40 PM
I was watching something the otherday... i wish I could remember what, but it is the first cartoon knitting I have seen, where there are doing it right. lol.

Was it that show on cartoon network? um, "fosters home for imaginary friends" i think it was. anyway, u know how their needle always stay in the same place, and they just move it back and forth, and they never actually use any of the yarn. well in the cartoon, the grandma ran out of yarn while she was knitting.

Stiney
02-01-2007, 07:15 PM
I :heart: Foster's, but I haven't seen that one!

Krystal
02-01-2007, 10:19 PM

Was it that show on cartoon network? um, "fosters home for imaginary friends" i think it was. anyway, u know how their needle always stay in the same place, and they just move it back and forth, and they never actually use any of the yarn. well in the cartoon, the grandma ran out of yarn while she was knitting.

mmm not likely, don't get cartoon network in Canada.

Also on the marge note, she did it again tonight, while knitting Homer some seat belts in the episode where they go to new york to get his car.

niffer
02-02-2007, 04:31 AM
I saw that one the other day - but I was too busy knitting myself to notice that!

DOH!!!

:roflhard:

jdee
02-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Did anyone notice the Jack In The Box comercial, where Jack's father-in-law is complaining about how confusing the curly fries vs. the straight fries is. Anyway, Mrs. Jack in the Box is knitting.