PDA

View Full Version : NZ wool

LoAnnie
02-01-2007, 02:37 PM
I bought some NZ wool online today, and I was wondering if any of you could tell me it's characteristics. Like is it rough or soft, Better for felting or wearing. I guess I won't know until it gets here, but I know some of you have bought foxmoda's yarn on ebay before, and I wanted to know how you liked it.

LoAnnie

LoAnnie
02-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Nobody has any help for me?

of troy
02-01-2007, 05:20 PM
NZ is home to 60million sheep, and 4 million people..

that's a lot of sheep so its hard to make generalizations.

however, NZ is home to the largest herds of merino sheep.

and it was NZ--at least i think it was NZ not autrailia--that created the wool mark (for 100%virgin wool) they really want wool to be associated with quality.

guess you are going to just have to wait and see!

Silver
02-01-2007, 05:23 PM
It's not the country it comes from, but the breed of sheep that determines how soft of coarse the fiber is. But like of troy mentions, there's a good chance it's Merino, which will be very soft and lovely. Good luck!

LoAnnie
02-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Thank you for responding. I know some people bought some of foxmoda's yarn, because I heard about her here. So I was hoping someone who's seen her yarn in particular could let me know what they thought of it.

letah75
02-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi,
I've bought yarn from her. The colors are absolutely beautiful, however, the yarn is rather scratchy. And I don't have sensitive skin at all. It is wonderful for felting, and I've made some purses out of it and it felt like a dream.

I have bought stuff from her about 4 or five times. The first time I got a free skein, and by the fourth time buying from her, I got 3 free skeins.

I love her stuff.

LoAnnie
02-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Thank you for your reply. That's what I wanted to know. I guess I'll probally do my first felting project with it.

:P

LoAnnie