PDA

View Full Version : Incredible, Custom-Fit Raglan Sweater

DotMom61
02-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I just started an Incredible, Custom-Fit Raglan Sweater (http://www.woolworks.org/patterns/raglan.html) as a "charity knit." I thought there might be others out here that would be interested in joining me either for yourself, a family member or charity.

I'm going to donate mine to Guidepost's Knit for Kids (http://www.dailyguideposts.com/help/sweater.asp). If I have enough yarn left, I thought I'd include a hat and maybe a scarf, too.

So, join me, if you will!! I cast mine on the other night, and I'm at about the 1/2-way point to dividing for the sleeves. Oh, and I'm using the chart measurements for a 2-year-old.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-01-2007, 10:17 PM
ooo i like it!

DotMom61
02-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Sooooo, ya' wanna knit wit' me? :shrug:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Right after I finish wicked!!!

DotMom61
02-02-2007, 12:38 AM
Ooo ... I'll have to go look @ that one.

Jan in CA
02-02-2007, 03:58 AM
I've knit 5 sweaters so far for Knit for Kids. ;) I'll have to check out this pattern. Thanks for the link.

DotMom61
02-02-2007, 04:55 AM
:yay: Jan!!! Did you use the pattern they have on their web site? It looks easy, but I liked the raglan one better, I think. We'll see!!! ;-)

Jan in CA
02-02-2007, 01:41 PM
:yay: Jan!!! Did you use the pattern they have on their web site? It looks easy, but I liked the raglan one better, I think. We'll see!!! ;-)

I used it for 3 of them and I HATE that pattern. It's a t-top pattern where you knit two identical sides and seam them. I hate seaming. I tried doing the bottom in the round and then splitting for the rest and that helped, but I still don't like the neck opening..it's just a slit. So I did the 4th with the KPS pattern I had for kids and another one from Knitting for Peace book.
http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/125434901-S.jpg

One good thing about Knit for Kids is they accept acylic or any yarn where as some others like Afghans for Afghans, Children in Common and a few others only accept wool.

DotMom61
02-02-2007, 06:07 PM
I used it for 3 of them and I HATE that pattern.

I'm SO glad to hear you say that! I couldn't even bring myself to cast it on and give it a try. It's just ugly! :(

Your sweaters look GREAT, though! The colors look fantastic. I think I'm going to enjoy doing these, and I was happy about the acrylic, too, 'cause I have a whole container thats FULL of. Two people gave me mass quantities to use for charity knitting. I think I'll make some squares for Warm Up America, too. It seems like a great way to try out some new stitch patterns.

OK ... I need to run ... I was just ranting in my blog about how I STILL needed to go exercise today ...outta here :out:

Jan in CA
02-02-2007, 09:57 PM
I was happy about the acrylic, too, 'cause I have a whole container thats FULL of. Two people gave me mass quantities to use for charity knitting. I think I'll make some squares for Warm Up America, too. It seems like a great way to try out some new stitch patterns.

Was it mass quantities of RHSS? :zombie: That's what was mostly donated to me and I HATE that stuff! I've used it by mixing with other yarns to attempt to make it softer, but it's awful. It's so not a pleasure to knit with! :wall: I'm slowly using it up though.

DotMom61
02-02-2007, 10:43 PM
No, fortunately most of it is Caron's Simply Soft! Whew! I had SO donated to me, though, that I ended up throwing the worst of it away. I wouldn't normally do that, but I couldn't even stand to touch some of it. :help: