PDA

View Full Version : Tip: How I keep my projects from twisting tog. in bag

Arielluria
02-02-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm usually carrying around 3 projects in different stages of completion, so sometimes yarn wants to wrap around other projects. So here's what I've come up with that TOTALLY keeps it from happening. It's great!

Take a 2 G ziplock bag and punch a hole in the middle top, right up near the "ziplock" with a paper hole punch. Thread the yarn through that and while you're working on your project nothing can interfere with the yarn. If using bulky or twisty yarn, it might help to make the hole bigger for easier feeding through the hole.

Lu

ArtLady1981
02-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Thank you sooo much for a GREAT TIP! I loved it...and it will help me! :cheering:

I usually don't have several projects per bag when at home...but on vacation.....now that is a different story! Who wants to bring ALL their precious knitting bags on vacation??

aineepooh1
02-02-2007, 04:29 PM
thanks~!! :cheering:

Arielluria
02-02-2007, 04:30 PM
This is also super useful if knitting with 2 yarns at once, they always twist around each other!

Lu

ArtLady1981
02-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Hi Arielle!

You are a savior! Where were you when I was knitting a double stranded baby blanket (36,000 stitches) two weeks ago!!!???

Well, next time...I am prepared!! :cheering:

Stiney
02-02-2007, 04:54 PM
:shrug: I don't mind if the yarns twist around each other when I'm double-stranding. It looks the same once it's knit up.

ArtLady1981
02-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi Cawthraven!

Someone told me that too. I guess I am just a little OCD...like MONK-ish.
But, next project, I will let it go...I will knit on faith...my way certainly slows up the process!

I just love to SEE the strands layin' right as I go along. I wish I could get over it.

I also pluck the V's of the stocking stitch as I go along to make them even out. Sometimes the strands of certain yarns (like Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool) grab onto each other, making some of the knit stitches on the RS bigger...significantly bigger...and I HAVE TO take a yarn needle and pluck the fullness of the large stitch and distribute it to the neighboring knit stitches.

I have been know to 'sack' a stocking stitch pattern over this factor.
Elsebeth Lavold's cotton Patine is good to use for textured knitting...but for stocking stitch, forget it! I just do not seem to be able to get it right.

Elsebeth told me that the 'wearing' of the garment willl straighten out uneven knit stitches. But, yack, not for me.

Just call me MONK. :pout:

Stiney
02-02-2007, 05:13 PM
I'll call you Adrienne instead of Adrien. ;)

losnana
02-03-2007, 01:59 PM
I'll call you Adrienne instead of Adrien. ;) :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Arielluria
03-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Oh.............here's another good reason to do this............your dog can't take off with your ball of yarn.

In case you can't tell by my image, I have lots of experience with this! Peanut grabs every ball or skein he can get to! The photo was not a setup, that's how I found him one day when I walked away from my knitting! :?eyebrow:

DQ
03-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Ooh great tip! I'll have to remember that for when I go on holiday :notworthy: