PDA

View Full Version : Funny How Fast It Becomes "Normal"

Knitting_Guy
02-03-2007, 10:38 PM
I've been running on a very tight schedule for the past few days and tonight is the first time I've been able to relax for a few hours, pop in a DVD, and break out my knitting.

I've only been knitting for a few weeks now and it's already become such a normal part of my evening routine that it just doesn't feel right when I don't get the chance to knit a few rows.

It really is addicting.

I'm looking forward to getting home next week so I can have some time to try socks again. I now have a total of 5 skeins of sport weight yarn (two pairs of matching skeins and one odd ball but a similar color) as well as the correct sizes of DPNS so I should be able to tackle the socks now.

I'm also anxious to try a hat using the size 10 circ I bought the other day. Is that too big for a hat?

brendajos
02-03-2007, 10:42 PM
No that should be fine for a hat as long as you have some nice fat yarn to go with them. I love me some hats. they are such quick easy projects.

I have a hard time going to movies now if i don't have a project that i can do in the dark in my bag. I get a little panicky about it even...lol

Knitting_Guy
02-03-2007, 10:45 PM
You think worsted would be ok on those for a hat?

I'm really looking forward to trying the magic loop method on the circ.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Worsted will be okay in a size 10. How long are the circs? YOu need to use circs that are shorter than your finished object (16" is a good length for hats), otherwise the stitches won't fit all the way around the needle.

AnreeAce
02-03-2007, 11:00 PM
I know what you mean about a day not being complete without knitting. It's become such a constant in my life, I don't know what I'd do without it!

Can't wait to see your hats & socks!

Knitting_Guy
02-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Worsted will be okay in a size 10. How long are the circs? YOu need to use circs that are shorter than your finished object (16" is a good length for hats), otherwise the stitches won't fit all the way around the needle.

Yikes! I didn't know that and am a tad confused now. The circ I bought is 29".

They have to fit all the way around the needle for the "magic loop" method (one circ)?

Ingrid
02-03-2007, 11:23 PM
No--magic loop doesn't require you to have a 29-inch head. :teehee:

Today I took my grandson to a birthday party. When we left and he noticed I had my knitting bag, he knew I'd be staying. The party was at a karate school, and he had such a good time that he asked me to sign him up. My first thought was that it would give me another hour a week to sit and knit! :teehee: I always hope there's a long wait at the doctor's, too.

suzeeq
02-03-2007, 11:32 PM

Yikes! I didn't know that and am a tad confused now. The circ I bought is 29".

They have to fit all the way around the needle for the "magic loop" method (one circ)?

The size 10 will be fine for worsted weight, I use larger ones than that. You can use the 29" for a hat. What you'll have to do is the Magic loop or my variation of it where you pull out the cord on just the right side, knit around, then pull out the cord again. I can knit sleeves and hats on 24" and 29" needles.

sue

Knitting_Guy
02-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks Ingrid and Sue. I was afraid that I somehow misunderstood the magic loop method when I read up on it before buying the circ.

aineepooh1
02-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Yep... knitting is such a "routine " part of my week now... that if I can't get it in a couple of times a week ( Im back in school now)... I feel BUMMED~!!

Addictive, nasty, little, habit :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
OOOOOhhhhhhhhhh How I :heart: :heart: :heart: you~!

Eloewien
02-04-2007, 01:44 AM
My knitting goes everywhere and I feel out of place if I don't have it :)

Lieke
02-04-2007, 04:28 AM
I haven't been able to knit, because I had to study so much last few weeks and I really missed it. Yesterday, I took some time in the evening and knitted a few hours. That felt really great. I feel a lot better now, not so tired and depressed. I think I was having withdrawal :oops:

Knitting_Guy
02-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one with a yarn monkey on my back :rofl:

vaknitter
02-04-2007, 09:38 AM
I got on to find a project to take to a superbowl party with me ! I didn't realize how addicted to knitting I was until one of my friends/cousin called to ask me what I was knitting her for her birthday this year....I'm thinking of downsizing a french market bag for her

dustinac
02-04-2007, 09:54 AM
:teehee: my son asked me one day "mommy, when you grow up are you going to be a knitter?" they always ask where is your knitting... If I don't have my hands busy with knitting I find that I don't know what to do with them.. I used to eat chips but now that I've lost my weight its just better to keep the needles in my hands... :teehee:

:cheering: Good Luck on the hat..

MiaZilla
02-04-2007, 09:59 AM
See I almost always knit infront of my computer while watching some tv-series I downloaded. It has gotten to the ponit were I can't watch without knitting :??