PDA

View Full Version : Scarf Is Almost Finished

Knitting_Guy
02-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Before bed last night I measured the scarf I've been working on for what seems like forever. It's now 44" long. I am guessing that there is enough yarn left on the skein for about another 8 - 10" . The scarf will be finished when the skein runs out.

As I'll be home next week I figure it'll be finished by Tuesday afternoon and then I am going to tackle socks.

vaknitter
02-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Congratulations on nearing the end of your first scarf !! Best of Luck with the socks - my DH asked me to make him a pair so I did and that's the only pair I've ever made.

dustinac
02-04-2007, 09:49 AM
:cheering: Congrats on almost finishing the scarf!!! You will love doing socks... :happydance:

nadja la claire
02-04-2007, 05:32 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

CONGRATULATIONS, WAY TO GO MASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Jan in CA
02-04-2007, 06:07 PM
:cheering: Good for you! It'll probably be a treat to do anything else since you've been working on the same thing for so long. :teehee:

Cristy
02-04-2007, 06:10 PM
very cool Mason! I love scarves--sometimes I get a little bored with them but for the most part--they are quite therapeutic!

You'll probably love socks...I love the idea of socks and really want to love knitting socks but for some reason I just haven't been able to "get into" knitting them...I keep vowing to try again...I think I've just had so much going on in my life lately (you know, having a baby, grad school....etc.) that I haven't had the attention span for it!

Good luck with it--keep us posted on how it goes! Do you plan to use 2 circs, magic loop or dpns? I've only tried dpns and 2 circs...

Knitting_Guy
02-04-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm going to use DPNS for the socks this time around. I'll try other methods later on. I'm going to try magic loop for a hat.

Cristy
02-04-2007, 06:33 PM
sounds like fun...I tried dpns first and then 2 circulars b/c several ladies in my SNB seemed to be zipping through socks although they were beginning knitters...lots of folks seem to like the 2 circ method...the benefit I see to it is that it's a little more portable than dpns but all in all--I thought dpns were rather fun!

I just did a hat on 2 circs...one of these days I'll get around to trying magic loop...