PDA

View Full Version : Always replenish the emergency yarn!

ChroniclesofYarnia
02-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Ugh! Tonight has been REALLY slow at the hotel, and I finished an afghan square, 2 pairs of mittens, the latter half of a dishcloth, and put some ribbing on a hat that I took the earflap off of because 26yo chubby women look ridiculous with them.

I ran out of yarn, so I went out to the car to grab my emergency yarn for another dishcloth to round out the night, and I kicked myself. We went to play Euchre at a friend's house this week and her 10yo dd had bought a knitting kit at the book fair. I replaced her icky yarn, and gave her the emergency needles. If you've ever seen the scarp yarn and horrible ridged plastic needles in this kit, you will know that this was an emergency. (BTW, she learned to cast on and do the knit stitch in under 10 minutes. I think we may have a natural here!)

I totally forgot to throw some more yarn in the bag in the tire well in the trunk. *sigh* Now I have an hour and 40 minutes to go til quitting time, and I have no idea how I am going to stay up now.

Don't make my mistake...replenish the emergency yarn after emergencies.

aylaanne
02-06-2007, 08:33 AM
yes ma'am. I will remember to keep emergency yarn in my car at all times. Poor dear. At least your friend's dd won't forget you!

ps: www.break.com

Nikki
02-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Good advice! And you're such a sweetie to have given her real yarn.

aineepooh1
02-06-2007, 12:02 PM
AAAAAAAarg~~h I feel your pain. but I have 2 kitting bags full of works in progress.. I don't think I will run out anytime soon :eyebrow:

Jan in CA
02-06-2007, 01:41 PM
:teehee: I hope you survived the night AND remembered to replace your emergency yarn!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-06-2007, 01:43 PM
I have spare needles and yarn in my car, and I always have at least 2 knitting projects with me. I hate being someplace and thinking "damn, if only I had my knitting!!!" so I just leave a small project in my purse at all times.

Ingrid
02-06-2007, 05:17 PM
I'll have to take those stooopid emergency flares out and throw away the jack--it might snag on my emergency yarn. :teehee:

aineepooh1
02-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Ingy~ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: