PDA

View Full Version : I need your answers!

Silver
02-06-2007, 08:45 PM
If you've ever been to my sock tutorial, would you please go answer the poll question towards the end of this page (http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Intro.htm)? I'd appreciate it! :muah:

Knitting_Guy
02-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Done, and I appreciate your tutorial. I am about to begin my first sock and your instructions actually make sense to a dummy like me.

aineepooh1
02-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Ditto... NEVER made sox before~~ but I plan on trying it out with your tutorial~~
Ainee
BTW~~ :hug: :hug: :hug:
Thanks for doing it for us~

aylaanne
02-06-2007, 10:31 PM
done! I love your tutorial.

vaknitter
02-06-2007, 11:05 PM
So honestly I haven't used your tutorial for socks, but my mother sent me a link to your site after a co-worker showed it to her saying that it is a wonderful site and how it helped her get through making socks.

She is in NY and I am in VA.

craftymom
02-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Silver, I used your tutorial to make my first pair of socks and you walked me right through it. Thanks so much. I've recommended it to many others.

misha rf
02-06-2007, 11:33 PM
After reading that, I think I'm brave enough now to go buy a set of DPNs and knit socks. Or try to, anyway.

Jan in CA
02-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Done! :hug:

jjminarcik
02-06-2007, 11:52 PM
I voted! And thanks SOOOO MUCH for your tutorial! I actually was able to successfully make a sock!

orcoastknitter
02-06-2007, 11:52 PM
I was taught how to knit socks from my LYS. However, I use your tutorial to help "remind" of the next step. I showed your tutorial to my friend at my LYS and it's exactly the way she taught me.

HamaLee
02-06-2007, 11:56 PM
:cheering:
I used you tutorial to figure out how to knit my first pair of socks, even though I did them on two circs. Toe-up socks on circs would be an awesome tutorial!

auburnchick
02-07-2007, 01:04 AM
Toe Up!!

I used your regular tutorial, along with the SKS book, to make my first pair. I'm working on my second pair (pattern from a different pamphlet), but I have your tutorial stuck inside for easy reference!

Thanks!!!!

:cheering:

mwedzi
02-07-2007, 09:30 AM
I voted! I used your tutorial for my first pair of socks. You were the first and only online tutorial that I tipped. Really great tutorial.

Stonington
02-07-2007, 09:48 AM
If you've ever been to my sock tutorial, would you please go answer the poll question towards the end of this page (http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Intro.htm)? I'd appreciate it! :muah:

Done! Hard to pick just one. lol

I am such a visual person, your tutorial was wonderful! Thank you so much.
:hug:
anne

Nikki
02-07-2007, 10:26 AM
:muah:
Silver, between your tute and Amy's videos I learned to knit socks! I've never had the chance before, but THANK YOU!

sig
02-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Done! This is my next project. After i finish my first sweater iŽll be learning to knitt socks, i even have the yarn for them. hope they turn out good. And thank you sooo much for the wounderful job you have done. :notworthy:

Silver
02-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Thank you everyone for all the kudos! I am so happy that so many people find my tutorial so helpful. It started as just a fun little thing on a soapmaking forum, if you can believe that. So many soapmakers were learning to knit, I was asked if I would help them learn to knit socks. So I showed them how on the forum. That got so much attention, I made the webpage and it now gets hundreds of hits a day.

I've been thinking about doing another, and just want to make sure I do what most people want. I'll let the survey run for a couple weeks before starting the next tutorial. Then I'll probably add them all one by one. But they do take LOTS and LOTS of time to make, so be patient! :)

Jeremy
02-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Your efforts are really appreciated. I had a really hard time casting my vote because all of the choices were things I have really wanted to try. Its really good to see more of your posts too. You've always added a lot to this forum. :muah:

losnana
02-07-2007, 07:20 PM
I voted. You're very generous to spend all the time to make your tutorials.

mks22300
02-07-2007, 07:30 PM
I love your tutorial Silver, I used it to make my first sock. I didn't care much for using dpn's so for the second one, I decided to make it on 2 circs and got Cat Bordhi's book, but I still used your tutorial to help along the way.

Silver
02-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Its really good to see more of your posts too. You've always added a lot to this forum.
:muah: :heart: :muah: :heart: :muah:
Thank you!!

cheesiesmom
02-08-2007, 01:14 PM
While I didn't technically use your tutorial, I read it through, printed it out, looked at all the pictures and then using a very simply pattern I found, was able to get through my first pair with little wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I was able to understand the pattern because of how you presented the procedure and terminology. (My first reaction was, "what is a gussett?")

The tutorial helped immensely.

I'd like to see: Toe up socks, 2 circs, and short row heels, all of which are probably scarier to think about than do.

Your tutorial is amazing. It's all over the 'net and at any other site/group, when someone asked about learning sock knitting, invariably they are given the link to Silver's sock tutorial. I wonder how many sock knitters you've given 'birth' to?

Cristy
02-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Done--I used your tutorial for my first attempt at socks and it made perfect sense!

1to1
02-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Kristen,

I voted for the Magic Loop on one circular. How about ML with two socks on one circular?

My 11yoDD is finishing up her second sock and she learned ML on one circular. She is a lefty so I had her take a class. No, I haven't tried a sock yet but plan to for my next project.

I have looked at your website several times and enjoy it. I've had it saved as a favorite for a long time. You do beautiful work!! :notworthy:

I just finsihed making the Great American Aran Afghan and Great American Afghan combining squares from each. Now, I'm doing the edging in tri-color. :doh: After making that afghan, I feel like a master knitter. :happydance:

Thanks for being an inspiration and sharing your talents with the rest of us.
Carla

madametj
02-08-2007, 07:36 PM
definetly ML!

i couldn't follow the tutorial because i don't have any DPNs :shrug: