PDA

View Full Version : Fashionably Pregnant

Arielluria
02-06-2007, 11:23 PM
This is so cute, it's almost worth getting pregnant........I guess that's one more reason I know I'm addicted. :teehee:
http://www.berroco.com/255.262/259/259_napoli_lg_pv.html
http://www.berroco.com/images/255.262/259/259_napoli_lg.jpg

Silver
02-07-2007, 11:15 AM
I have a 15 year old and an almost 13 year old. NOTHING is worth getting pregnant again. Besides, I'm fixed. Woohoo! :P

But yes, it's very cute!!
:cheering:

Arielluria
02-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Well, you can start knitting now for them later ;)

knitting4babybear
02-07-2007, 11:26 AM
I have a 15 year old and an almost 13 year old. NOTHING is worth getting pregnant again. Besides, I'm fixed. Woohoo! :P

LMAO!

It is cute. :teehee:

zkimom
02-07-2007, 05:34 PM
This is so cute, it's almost worth getting pregnant

I remember having a passing thought about having a 3rd at some point -- then I realized I'd have to give birth in order for that to happen and I just wasn't going there unless someone knocked me over the head and woke me up when it was over (ok, when the baby was weaned.) :passedout:

But it is a cute sweater. :teehee:

bip
02-07-2007, 06:09 PM
I made some dishcloths in that yarn, it is divine. The pattern is so stylish, I love it all around.

knittingdoula
02-07-2007, 06:18 PM
At the risk of being a real mood killer, may I point out that the model herself is not visibly pregnant? It's a cute sweater, I suppose, but I think it might look quite ridiculous on a woman waddling around with a big belly. Just my opinion, of course.

Then again, I'm 8 months pregnant, so perhaps I speak with the voice of authority. :)

Arielluria
02-07-2007, 11:32 PM
At the risk of being a real mood killer, may I point out that the model herself is not visibly pregnant? It's a cute sweater, I suppose, but I think it might look quite ridiculous on a woman waddling around with a big belly. Just my opinion, of course.

Then again, I'm 8 months pregnant, so perhaps I speak with the voice of authority. :)Really! They needed you to model that! Congrats on the baby.

Arielluria
02-07-2007, 11:32 PM
This is so cute, it's almost worth getting pregnant

I remember having a passing thought about having a 3rd at some point -- then I realized I'd have to give birth in order for that to happen and I just wasn't going there unless someone knocked me over the head and woke me up when it was over (ok, when the baby was weaned.) :passedout:

But it is a cute sweater. :teehee:Don't say that to someone who is considering it! ...........but, I hear it's the kind of pain you forget. Ya! :eyebrow:

becjo
02-08-2007, 09:29 AM
I love the sweater but I have to agree - I think it would look kinda wierd on a big pregnant belly popping out. This model doesn't even look like she's 3 months PG - but I'd wear the sweater - and no babies for me right now :teehee:

msoebel
02-08-2007, 10:11 AM
I don't know...I think it could be cuter on a big belly than you realize.

Of course, when I was pregnant with my daughter, the one thing that drove me nuts was when people would come up to me and tell me how "cute" I was.

I was a house on feet...and felt like it too. I didn't want anyone to tell me I was "sooo cute". I wanted someone to drag that child out of me!!!!!!!

Why are we trying for another child?:thinking:

Oh yeah! Our 3 year old thinks she is queen of the world and needs a sibling.

Misty

lissalue
02-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Why are we trying for another child?:thinking:

Oh yeah! Our 3 year old thinks she is queen of the world and needs a sibling.

Misty

we had another, she is 5 months old now, our daughter who is three still thinks she is queen of the world and just thinks she got another servant :teehee: okay, it isn't that bad, and i wouldn't change a thing, usually, but it hasn't really changed her attitude yet, probably cause me mom is a "princess enabler" :teehee:

cute sweater by the way!

Arielluria
03-14-2007, 07:01 PM
OK, maybe I'm a little dense here, but WHERE is the pattern for this?!? It's only a picture!

Arielluria
03-14-2007, 07:06 PM
I don't know...I think it could be cuter on a big belly than you realize.I agree.

This is the ONLY maternity pattern I've seen. I guess they figure if you're only going to wear it for a few months you won't want to go to the trouble of making it, but they are SO wrong! ;)

syndactylus
03-14-2007, 07:17 PM
I felt that way about this one (here's another one!):

http://www.interweaveknits.com/images/backissues/toc_sum06/1momsnug.jpg

can't really see it, but it buttons up the sides so you can leave them and the slits turn into vs when you grow. so cute.

but show me someone in a plain old t-shirt with a giant belly, and I want one of those too. :teehee:

I too wish I could just get round in the abdomen without anything actually growing in there...

Arielluria
03-14-2007, 07:23 PM
You look gorgeous! Did you knit that one yourself?

syndactylus
03-14-2007, 07:25 PM
oh, that's not me! :oo:

that's from interweave.

Arielluria
03-14-2007, 07:28 PM
:teehee: Sorry. :oops:

Jan in CA
03-14-2007, 08:08 PM
At the risk of being a real mood killer, may I point out that the model herself is not visibly pregnant?

Is this better? :teehee:

Arielluria
03-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Perfect! Although I know if I ever got pregnant, I'd probably be wanting to wear that from day one.........in which case I'd look more like the original! :teehee:

SandraEllen
03-14-2007, 09:17 PM
OK, maybe I'm a little dense here, but WHERE is the pattern for this?!? It's only a picture!

If you hit "return to previous page" you can see that the pattern is in some pattern booklet that they sell. 7 patterns for $7

feministmama
03-14-2007, 09:29 PM
her's a link to it

http://www.berroco.com/255.262/259/259_photoview_pv.html

feministmama
03-14-2007, 09:32 PM
This is the ONLY maternity pattern I've seen. I guess they figure if you're only going to wear it for a few months you won't want to go to the trouble of making it, but they are SO wrong! ;)

How about this one?

http://www.littleturtleknits.com/pages/adultpatterns.php

five_six
03-15-2007, 01:59 AM
Don't say that to someone who is considering it! ...........but, I hear it's the kind of pain you forget. Ya! :eyebrow:

Yeah, forget, until you get to about 2months along (me!) and go... Oh my god, i just realised, i have to give birth!! Kinda stifled the joy a little, but i'm trying not to think about it... can someone say, delusional!! :teehee:

I just pray it's a boy (made the mistake of saying i would try 3 times for a boy, i betta hafta try only twice, i'm tellin ya!)...

If i tried to knit these for myself, with all the other things OTN, I'd finish them, but i doubt i would be pregnant any more!!

DQ
03-15-2007, 06:39 AM
I felt that way about this one (here's another one!):

http://www.interweaveknits.com/images/backissues/toc_sum06/1momsnug.jpg

can't really see it, but it buttons up the sides so you can leave them and the slits turn into vs when you grow. so cute.

but show me someone in a plain old t-shirt with a giant belly, and I want one of those too. :teehee:

I too wish I could just get round in the abdomen without anything actually growing in there...

That's lovely :heart: If I ever get blessed again I would love to try and make something like that.

Can some of you lovely pregnant ladies send me some babydust please :pout:

cara
03-15-2007, 07:41 AM
I'm tempted to start knitting on this now knowing that I hope to be pregnant again next winter!

michellebreton
03-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Don't say that to someone who is considering it! ...........but, I hear it's the kind of pain you forget. Ya! :eyebrow:

I actually didn't mind being pregnant, and I even didn't mind giving birth. It is the next 18 years that I'm finding to be a killer!

Michelle Breton (proud mom of 3.....Alex who is 8, Katelyn is 7, and Elijah is 2 1/2) :heart: :heart:

Arielluria
03-15-2007, 09:22 AM
How about this one?

http://www.littleturtleknits.com/pages/adultpatterns.phpThat's cute!

Abbily
03-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Oh wow, I love all three of those patterns! I think the first one would be cute on a blooming belly. But I'm with whoever said - dont' tell me I'm cute when I feel like a beached whale!!

Actually I loved being pregnant, and I even loved giving birth! I would love to do both of those again, if only I could avoid having to finance another child. :P

Carey

Arielluria
03-15-2007, 10:49 AM
LOL! You could be a surrogate..........all the "fun" of pregnancy and labor without all the costs!

Where did this post go awry???????????? :woot:

Abbily
03-15-2007, 10:52 AM
I was actually going to offer to surrogate for my girls' godparents, who tried for about 3 years to get pregnant. But now they're pregnant with twins! If I wasn't so busy making quilts and sweaters for the babies I might try one of those sweaters for the mommy. Oh, yeah, I live in Texas, we don't need sweaters! :P

Carey

Arielluria
03-15-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm in TX too.

That's great about your willingness to do it, but more so about their pregnancy with TWINS! I'd LOVE to have twins! :doh: It happens more so in women in their 30s so maybe I still have a shot! ;)

Abbily
03-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Lu- where are you in Texas? I'm in Austin. Twins- they were on their third round of IVF, so that's why they're having twins... :) As for me, my girls are 2 years apart and yet constantly taken for twins... despite the 5" height difference! LOL

Arielluria
03-15-2007, 11:11 AM
N. of Houston, but fixin' ;) to move further out.............the big city's just too close!

Arielluria
09-01-2007, 10:48 AM
This reminded me of the original one in the post.....so since so many of you seem to have one in the oven ;) thought I'd share. It's Knit Picks Origami Cardi (http://www.knittingdaily.com/knittinghelp/origamicardigan.html?ET=knittingdaily_blog:e750:28 427a:&st=email)

mulene
09-01-2007, 10:57 AM

It is cute. You totally DO NOT look old enough to have a 15 and 13 year old :P

Ronda
09-01-2007, 12:06 PM

I can't agree more. Mine are 16 and 9. Between colic, hyperemesis, preeclampsia, and postpartum depression, I NEVER want to go through that again!

Julie
09-01-2007, 12:49 PM
FYI...Stefanie Japel is pregnant which means she's writing maternity patterns now :)

I believe she's in the process of test-knitting this pattern so she can release it:

http://www.glampyre.com/2007/08/19/photo-sunday-petal/

jeanius80
09-01-2007, 09:47 PM
how cute is she! so pretty and that sweater is way cute!

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
09-02-2007, 03:05 PM
it is adorable :)

and i'm also with the "never again" group when it comes to having babies... i came to that realization when i was signing up my 9 year old for football last month... my "baby" is now 7 and going into 2nd grade... i had my first at 19 (got pregnant at 18) and had to take care of my siblings growing up (long story). I have been taking care of kids for the last 20 years (from the time i was 8 until 18 it was my younger half siblings, then when i was 18 my dh had 3 kids from his first marriage and then once i turned 19 and had my first son, then my second son at 21....) I kinda like where we are in life and while i love babies, I love them even more when i don't have to bring them home and get up with them in the middle of the night :)

jberry16
09-02-2007, 04:45 PM
It's not that terrible, I'm fixin to have #3 in 2.5/3 months. And I'd do another one if money wasn't tight.

IBAmyB
09-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Well, no kiddies here yet (not for lack of wanting/trying though)....

DH should *finally* be home in about 10 weeks and then we will start trying again. Finger's crossed!

Secksiebrat
09-02-2007, 11:18 PM
awe too cute. We are hoping to start trying for baby number 2 in another month or so. Lane will turn 3 on the 11th of this month so that will put him 3.5 or so when the baby comes. Big enough to (hopefully) be my helper :)

~danielle~